Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

Bare Escentuals foundation

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

This is something new I bought recently. It is the most wonderful makeup on earth!!!!!! I'm totally amazed and thrilled to death to finally find a lightweight sheer makeup that doesn't feel like you are wearing a mask. It's a loose powder that covers beautifully, doesn't rub off easily and you only need just a teeny tiny little bit. You gotta try it!

"Secret Ingredients
Made from pure, crushed minerals, i.d. bareMinerals is one of the most natural and effective makeup collections around (read: they won’t clog your pores or irritate your skin). Women with skin conditions, such as sun spots, acne, and rosacea, as well as those with dry, oily, and sensitive complexions, claim i.d. bareMinerals has improved the overall health and appearance of their skin. But these wonder-powders do more than just make you look pretty, they also contain natural sunscreens that protect your skin from the sun. So much so that i.d. bareMinerals Foundation is actually recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. The proof is in the powder. "

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I have always wanted to try this stuff. I used a oil-free foundation from Bonne Bell for years. It was the only thing I ever found that had the perfect color and didn't make me feel gooey, then they stopped making it! I got it online for a while from the warehouse but now it's all gone. I have been using Origins and it's ok but sometimes is too much in the summer. I end up just using a darker powder in the summer instead. I saw that Ulta is now carrying this stuff so I might have to give it a try this summer.

So did you order it or buy it at a store? Did you get one shade or does it always come with 2 to mix? Is your skin normally oily or dry or both?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Doesn't it just irritate you to death when you find something you love and they stop making it?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61003&categoryId=C10470

It does not come with the makeup brush. Their brush costs 22.00 for something you can find for a few dollars just about anywhere. The actual powder costs $25 but you would be amazed at how little you need to use. One jar will last me a very long time.
They have 12 different shades. I originally ordered the first tan on the list but it was a tad to dark for this time of year. So I ordered again and got the beige just above it. That works great for me for now. You can return whatever shade you don't like and replace it with another if you need to but I like having both the winter and summer colors.
If you order a certain dollar amount you do not pay for shipping plus you can get free samples of other different goodies.

My skin is combination oily and dry.

Harford County, MD(Zone 6b)

I love the Bare Minerals Foundation from Bare Escentuals also...
Can't remember what I paid for it, but got it from QVC. It came as a special with the brush. I bought medium beige with SPF 15 sunscreen.

The other thing I absolutely love is the small jar of bisque. It came with a small flat brush and is excellent for covering a blemish or spots.

I still use my Clinique liquid foundation occasionally, but I always put it on with water so it will be more sheer.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I do the water thing too! If I just put on straight foundation I feel like I'm wearing a mask. I know you can see the flaws in my skin better but I'd rather have that than look or feel caked on. eeewww!

My skin is oily and dry too, especially now that we have no humidity here! My Origins is almost gone but it should last me a good while since I don't use much and most of the time I use a wet sponge to apply it. I'll try this next for sure.

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Okay ya'll tell me what I'm doing wrong. I ordered the bare minerals makeup and so far I'm either using it wrong or it just doesn't give me much cover. Or maybe what I ordered is too light. I have med. skin tone with a few brown spots on my face. So far the minerals aren't doing a very good job of covering. Do you use a moisturizer before you apply the minerals? I haven't been. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Lin

Cambridge, ON(Zone 5b)

Since I have been using mineral make-up, my skin has really improved. I have less redness, and few breakouts. I use the Pur Minerals brand, a kit I have purchased through our shopping channel in Canada. I have also found some items for good prices on Ebay.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Lin I would recommend you try the next darker shade and maybe use the bisque ginlyn mentioned above. They advertise it as a great concealer and ginlyn is our witness.

Yes you should use some kind of moisturizer. I now use "Hope in a Jar" as my moisturizer. It's good for all skin types. You don't have to use very much. It does not leave a heavy greasy feeling. I truly started seeing great results within 3 days. It really is HOPE in a jar. And just when I was thinking there was no hope for this face! lol! I learned about it on Oprah's favorite things show. She said "once you start using it you will never want to be without it". She was right!

This message was edited Jan 21, 2006 5:26 PM

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Sugarshokt ... me too! I love that it doesn't clog your pores!

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for those tips! Vee where did you get the moisturizer Hope in a Jar? I would like to order some or buy some. I usually order since I live in a very small rural town.
I will take your advice and get the next darker shade and will also try the bisque. I'll have to just play around with all of it to get the hang of it. I love the feel of it. My skin is very dry. No oiliness at all so a good moisturizer would really help me. I'm not too satisfied with the one I have now.
I went to the colorful sprinkles website and they have so many neat things. ;)

Lin

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P4633&categoryId=B70
Lin I use the Sephora site to order most anything. I don't know if you can find Hope cheaper somewhere else. I do promise that you will love it.
I had to play around with the bare minerals shades too. It is hard to tell from website pictures what is best for us. :) I ordered the bisque a few days ago and I'm going to take a bath in it so it will conceal my whole body! rofl!... vicki

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Vicki! I'll have to check out the Sephora website. I didn't realize that's where you ordered your moisture cream.

I need to 'conceal' my whole body too. LOL

Lin

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

I am so excited!!!! I have been playing around with the bare mineral samples I have and I think I've got the hang of it! *g* My foundation color was too light. I visited the Sephora website and ordered the right color for me and also ordered the moisture cream and eye cream. I'm very anxious to get those. I have a whole list of favorite things I want to get a little at a time. I plan to 'remake myself'. LOL I have always disliked an eyebrow pencil so I played around with some stuff I have and wound up trying a sort of creamy like eyebrow color and it worked! I was so surprised at how well the bisque covered the dark circles I have under my eyes. Also did a good job of covering the purplish color I have on my eyelids. I applied my eyeshadow color on over it and it looked perfect! My skin is very dry so the minerals are perfect for my skin and I don't look 'caked'.
The most amazing thing I found while playing around with the bareminerals was I had actual better luck applying everything with my finger rather than a brush. I have all sizes of brushes but I didn't like the affect I got as well as applying with my fingers. The minerals are so moist and easy to apply and smooth out I didn't have any trouble at all.

Lin

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Lin I'm so so so happy for you girl! This is wonderful news! I'm doing a happy dance for you! :)
I ordered some of these products for my mom and took them to her earlier in the week. I made her wash her face and I played makeup artist on her starting with Hope in a Jar. Wow! Did she look pretty. And in the sun the bare minerals was just as natural looking as it was inside. We're hooked just like you! ... hugs ... v

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh I bet your Mom just looked radiant!!! I'm so glad you had a makeup session with her. I bet she had fun too. ;)

I can hardly wait to order the eyeshadows I want and see what I can do with those. I have very dark brown eyes and dark lashes. It should be so fun. ;) I'll be doing a happy dance too!! ;) I should be receiving my Hope in a jar cream in the mail anytime now. Can hardly wait!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I better not catch you walking the streets, batting those big brown eyes and flirting with the men young lady!!!!! Next it will be mini skirts and thong panties? ... rofl!!!! :) :) :)

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Vicki you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!! No mini skirts and definitely no thong panties!!! LMBO!!! I am in the process of losing weight. I've lost six pounds so far. Yea!!!! My weight gradually piled on after I quit smoking. I would never ever go back to smoking again so I'll live a lifetime of watching my weight.

Ok............maybe a semi mini skirt! LOL LOL

Lin

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Funny girl Lin! rofl ! I saw some mini moomoos and size 24x thongs at Walmart that will look great on you!
When I asked my mom the same mini-thong question she told me to mind my own business. She said she would continue to wear her minis and thongs no matter what I thought of her ... and with or without a bare minerals face. What a silly Mommie! :) She always wears pants and I don't think she really has legs.

Good for you Lin that you stopped smoking. :) I'm proud of you!

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

24X thongs!!!!!! EeeeGad!!! So you think they would look good on me huh! ROFLMAO!!! I'm afraid at that size they would actually lose their affect!!! LOL I'm a little plump but not that plump. LOL
Your Mom sounds a lot like me. *g* She does what she darn well pleases. LOL I wear pants a lot too. I was forced to wear a dress for my grandson's wedding. We searched and searched for just the right one. Finally found it. Oh and by the way......it was not a mini. LOL
I guess I like pants because I'm very short and it's hard to find the right type of dress or skirt. Your Mom may be like me and be short with short legs. sigh I'm always looking for clothes and styles that make me appear taller. Thank goodness both my daughters are much taller than I am. ;)

Thanks Vicki! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I've ever done. Much much harder than giving birth! LOL

Waaaay Down South, GA

I have had so much fun reading this thread. I'm going to check out these links and find out about the make up and hope. I definitely need some hope! LOL LOL Thanks y'all!
... Elaine

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Elaine! I have received my Hope in a Jar and so far I'm very very satisfied with it. It sure make my skin feel good. Anything that will help these wrinkles is an improvement. ;)

I have ordered some of the bare mineral makeup from Sephora and also on ebay. There are some supper Sellers on ebay that sell top of the line mineral makeup at a nice price. Good luck with yours and let us know how it turns out. I love mine. I'm still waiting on some things to come in the mail so I'll be anxious to try those too.

Linn

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I fell asleep on the couch a few nights ago while watching TV. At about 2am I woke up to a commercial about Philosphy products. Philosophy makes the Hope stuff .... Anyway ... They were offering everything Hope, face, eyes, lips etc in the normal big sizes plus a bottle of Grace fragrance all for $29.99. Wow! The Hope in a Jar alone is a 35.00 value! I just couldn't make myself place a phone call at that time of the morning and now I could kick my butt.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2006 3:00 PM

Waaaay Down South, GA

Oh my goodness! I'll send the 2X4 over. LOL LOL Does anyone know where you can get it cheaper than $35? I sure need that money for seeds and plants right now. *smile*
... Elaine

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Elaine I found this 1 ounce jar on ebay for 16.99. It's a Buy it now item. The big sizes are 2oz. This one ounce size would get you started. It doesn't take very much. The one oz would last you a while :)
Hope this link works:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHILOSOPHY-HOPE-IN-A-JAR-MOISTURIZER-1-OZ_W0QQitemZ5664881254QQcategoryZ72769QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Waaaay Down South, GA

Vee8ch, thank you so much for your help. Am going over there right now!

Waaaay Down South, GA

Vee8ch, just had to come back and tell you your link worked perfectly. My Hope will be shipped tomorrow! Thanks so much for your help. :)
... Elaine

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

You're welcome! I hope you love it as much as I do :) ... and you won't send the 2 x 4 lol!

Paducah, KY

LOVE Bare Minerals! I find it usually requires a small amount of concealer on trouble spots, before application. That has helped me.

Waaaay Down South, GA

Vee8ch, I'm jumping up and down ... I got my Joy today. Couldn't believe it came so fast. I won't be sending that 2X4. LOL Thanks again for your help. Will let you know how I like it.
... Elaine

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Yippee! I hope you love it. That was fast delivery. I just might use this ebay person to order from next time. Sephora has been fast too but not that fast. How much was the shipping?

Waaaay Down South, GA

The shipping wasn't but $1.89. I was surprised it was that cheap and quick!

Corte Madera, CA

ladies, i've been lurking here for a while now. glad to hear about REAL raves from REAL people! i've been wanting to try BE for a long time but never got to it. finally, last weekend i stopped by sephora and grabbed a starter kit. grabbed the wrong one. glad i haven't opened it. will exchange, and try.

there's actually a BE boutique here in corte madera - - - super convenient for me. i have a feeling i will love the product.

thanks for sharing your experience!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow Moonglow ... you are so lucky to have it that close to you! I know for sure you will love it! The great thing about Sephora is that even if you opened it they would trade anyway. I love Sephora!

101 ... that is a great shipping price! You definitely got a real good deal! :)

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow Moonglow how lucky you are to have them that close to you!
You might even be able to get a free makeover and watch them apply the makeup.

Lin

Corte Madera, CA

ladies, I LOVE IT!

been a busy week, and i just exchanged the kit today. i have now tan/medium tan, but i think i'm more like medium/medium beige. it's ok though. i tend to get darker spring/summer, and the kits suits me.

lin, i have yet to visit the b.e. boutique, and when i do, i'll get a free make-over for sure. it's literally a mile away from me. the same mini mall where i get my groceries. lol.

even leslie lives close by. no kidding.

happy, happy, happy girl!

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you all, I just ordered a kit too. The kit was the medium tan, I hope that is the one for me.. I have olive toned skin. Anyone know where they post the suggested colors for Olive Skin? Also bribed my daughter and promised her a kit if she quits smoking..

Maybe that will be an incentive. Now I have to find the Hope in a jar. Seems everyone is out.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm so glad you got your kit and I hope the color works out for you. Did you check out the Sephora.com website to see if they offer suggestions for olive complexions?
I found these ebay sellers for "buy it now" Hope in a Jar. Maybe you can get your Hope there if you do not want to buy it from Sephora. :) Hope this link works. If it doesn't then just go to ebay and type in Hope in a Jar. When you get to the Hope page click on the "buy it now" tab.
http://search.ebay.com/hope-in-a-jar_W0QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsascsZ2QQsbrbinZt

Mesilla Park, NM

Thanks for the info, went and ordered one and then came back here. I did not see a place on Sephora where they had any type of suggestions for Olive skin or any other types of skin colors. I could have missed it though. Will go back and check. They were out of the Hope in a Jar cream a couple of days ago too.

I can hardly wait till they get here.

Waaaay Down South, GA

Well, I'm lovin my Hope. Thanks Vee8ch, for helping me find it. :)

Corte Madera, CA

gourd, right on. this kits makes a fabulous gift. i'll get one for my sister, too!

EDITED TO SAY:
looks like sephora has a BETTER deal than the b.e. site. i'll get one for my mom as well.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2006 5:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.