Our 19th Annual Photo Contest is now open for entries. You can submit your best images HERE

Norm Thompson jeans?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Any of you have a pair of Norm Thompson's slimming jeans? Comments?

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

I don't. Where can you purchase them. I'm not familiar with that brand.

Linn

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Norm Thompson is upscale and out of Portland, Oregon. He has a large catalog business and I think his only store is at the Portland International Airport. His original downtown store closed. Just go to Norm Thompson on line.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

slim you by 5 lbs.. 69.00 each..

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

They are a little more expensive than I would pay but at least they make them with a higher waist than the way most jeans are made! I can't stand the new jean styles that make you feel like you gotta pull up your britches all of the time!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i thought way to high..

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Too expensive for this Texas gal! ;) But I would love to find a jean that makes me look 5 lbs thinner. *g* Having said that.............. I have successfully lost 9 lbs. Yiiipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm just the opposite Vicki. I'm long waisted so when I buy jeans they always feel like they come up under my arms. I like the boy cut the best for me. Just below the waist.

Lin

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

9lbs!!!!!! How wonderful! :) You are doing very well considering that you quit smoking. Good girl!
My problem Lin is that I'm a size 1 or 2 depending on the make of the jean. Everything they make in my size is for teenyboppers! Low rise and flared ... ugh! I used to wear Levis but they stopped making the style I wore for years in my size. Then I switched to Bongos straightlegs and Bealls stopped selling them in their store. I guess they stopped carrying them because they fall just at the hip bone, are straightleg and are not fashionable anymore to teenagers. Totally frustrating for me. I want to dress age appropriate and I'm not comfortable wearing kids clothes but if I don't wear teen jeans I'll be nekkid! lol! The old lady's dept does not carry my size.

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

ROFLMBO!!!!!! Old ladies department huh??????? LOL That is too funny!

Size 1 or 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My gosh how tiny you are. I've never been that small in my whole life and I'm not a large boned person. At one time I wore a size 5. Then as yrs. went by I went to an 8. etc. etc. It wasn't until I passed the 50 mark that I really had a problem wt wise.
Today I have lost a total of 10 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!
I don't blame you for not wanting to wear the 'teen' jeans. I bet it is a real problem for you. Wrangler is my favorite jean and they seem to fit the best on my frame. I am short so I sure don't want any flare legs.

Lin

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

How tiny am I? A one or two of course! rofl!
All my life I've been told that someday I will get fat. They said it would happen at 20 ... nope
Then they said it would happen for sure at 30 ... nada
Then they said look out for 40 ... still nuttin
I turned 50 last year .... I'm still waiting and still wearing jr sizes! I am blessed! :)

and the greatest news of all is that low rise and flared jeans are on their way out. Happy Dance all over the place!! Higher waist and straight legs are coming back for teenyboppers ... (or so they say on the fashion shows!)
Life is good!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i wear a 1 gap. gap makes many styles so you have to go try them on. they fit the best for me. i wear flares because i mostly wear pointy toe boots and they look really good with them. i hate the low waists on jeans now. even a size 1 has a belly when you're over 50 and when i sit down, whew, not a pretty sight.

Allentown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just saw a picture in a magazine of a Levi's Signature Stretch mid rise. Said they were $20, but when I checked on line I saw they were $39 at Penny's.
Marian

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

ah, the old bait and switch!

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Liz Claibornes sit at the natural waist - like jeans USED to fit. They also have a wider leg, which is very comfortalbe. UI always loved thos high waisted jeans - so flattering! I found a pair of Rockies that have that high waist - a very slimming look.
I second the fashion trend change - last year's styles were too baggy/saggy & grungy for me! I have seen some very feminine looking clothing in Filene's - back to being pretty, clean & form fitting. I feel like I have waited for this to happen for YEARS :)
Julie

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I wear size 6 the next small one is size 4. Where does one shop for size 1 ? not in the women's department, right? I have heard of size one but never seen any nor in the hundreds of catologs I get a year. I am 5.5 and weigh 115 lbs.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Maria 1's are in the Juniors depts at stores such as Macy's, Bealls, JC Penneys and tracksinsand says Gap carries them too. Funny that Wrangler 1's are too big for me. I'm 5'6" 115 lbs. and anything over a 2 in any brand does not fit me. How odd that we are nearly the same size and a 4 or 6 would fall off of me.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Vee, guess I never look in the Junior Dept. thinking there would be nothing for me. Now that I am not young anymore I think my waist is npt as small as it used to be, but hip wise, I hardly have any, so at times I find it hard to get proper jeans they are either to small in the waist or too large through the hips, Size 4 would be perfect for hips but could not zip them. Oh, well...

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I was between a 1 & 3 years ago, & finding pants was a nightmare! Either they did not have the size in women's, or the junior's pants had silly appliques or Hello Kitty on them. I can tell you that most outlets will carry size 1, but not the mainstream stores (Like Kohl's or Wal-Mart. They just don't sell enough of that size to warrant stocking many. Filene's & Macy's always carried the smaller sizes in women's clothing. Some designer size very small, so you may get lucky with a very small cut size 3 jeans.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

alot of better department stores now carry women's size 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. banana republic carries them, j.crew, gap, and dilliards, nordstroms, burdines, whatever is in your particular area.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I have to look in some of these store you suggested perhaps I can find a pair that will fit my waist and hips properly and not have legs where it seems I could put both of mine into one of them
Thanks, Track and JR

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

The only time I have seen the slim sizes are in juniors. My niece is very slim, so she must wear the slim sizes too. The only slim women's jeans that I have seen are the designer jeans from years ago - they were always extra long & were made to fit closely. Have you ever checked out the various styles of jeans from LL Bean? I know they carry wide leg, boot cut, slim leg, relaxed fit, plus a couple of other fits. I know one is a slim fitting style. Their customer service is excellant - perhaps they can steer you towards the fit that you are looking for. With so many styles, they may have a fit that suits your figure.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

JR, I buy quite a few things from LL Bean but not jeans I am always thinking why bother they won't fit but I will give it a try, thanks.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I wish they had more storefrosnts & outlets - then the clothing could be tested in person. LLBean is expanding into Hartford, CT & adding some more outlets stores in Maine. My sister shops in one of the outlets stores & the deals are wonderful. The quality is way up there!
Maria - if you ever find a brand & size that fits you perfectly, then stock up on them! Isn't it true, that you find a single brand of jeans that just fits you like a glove, then they disappear from the stores? They call it progress, but it seems everyone has a favorite piece clothing that they can no longer find anywhere.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

That is so true, especially with underware, there are times I liked something a lot, go to the store in a few days to get the same, but it is all gone and there will be no more,
I have bought fromLL Bean for many many years, for my husand and children, also bedding, I like to talk with the the, they are so very nice and helpful

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.