Coffee's On

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thought I would start this thread for general banter - Dave, since I started it I'll make the afternoon pot...next pot's on you!! :)

I'm at work right now, but I'll check in on and off. See ya later!

Anita

Lambertville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Ooooh, Anita, you're gonna get me in trouble. I frequent the "Coffee and ..." thread in the Parking Lot forum. We have a great time over there. Now your'e gonna get me addicted to one over here, LOL. Great idea though. I'm glad the NE forum has lots of participation.

Gotta keep it short for now. Leaving work in 8 min. 32 seconds (not that I'm counting or anything, 4 day weekend comming up)

See ya!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey Suzie..don't forget to bring your camera to the show tomorrow - I would love to see some pics. Also, let us know any new info you learn at your classes!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Coffee's on....

I can't believe almost all the snow is gone! I was working in Bay Terrace, which is right by the Throgs Neck Bridge. There is a parking lot that overlooks the water and the bridge. You have a view of Fort Totten on the left. I believe the parking lot is for Fort Totten Park which runs along the Cross Island Parkway. Many people walk it all day long, or bike it, or run with the dog... It was such a beautiful day. I had the roof and windows open while ate my salad.

Today I am working locally - Babylon. Much closer to home and I get to save a bit on gas!! Even better, I don't have to be there until 10am!

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Hello? Anyone still here? :-)
I'm a MA SAHM and the kiddie just got on the bus. So, fresh coffee and so nice to discover a northeast forum. With coffee, no less...
Just wanted to introduce myself. So, hi all.
LoraB.
Billerica, MA

Just checking in before I start my journey for the day. Yes, Anita, I have camera batteries charging so I can take lots of pics. I'm on my 3rd cuppa, which isn't a good thing with a little over an hours drive. Not many places to stop for a potty break on the way. LOL.

Hi, Lora, Glad to meet you!

Have a great day everyone! Gotta get moving.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hi Lora - welcome! Always happy to meet new people!

Hey Suzie - have a great time! LOL - gotta watch that coffee...haha

Here's one picture from the show. I put the rest on the NJ Garden show thread. Didn't want to bore anyone here who might not be interested. It was pretty good.Having only gone to the Philadelphia Flower Show, this seemed kinda puny, but so much less crowded and easier to see everything.

Thumbnail by suzieq2761
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice! I'll follow you up on the thread.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Well winter is back! I'm not quite sure what to make of this wacky weather! How is everyone enjoying their weekend?

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi Anita, thanks for the coffee, I needed that. I can't believe the weather round here lately, NUTTIER than ME! Tomorrow I'm gonna venture outside and take a picture of the purty yellow crocus bloomin in my otherwise barren garden...tho I tink I saw some Iris greens and I know I spied a tulip leaf poking up.

Wherez Dave(not Dave)? What he to good to drink coffee with us?

Dena

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

Hi,

Nice to meet you, Lora.

I may check in here from time to time, but I'm already addicted to the coffee thread over in the "Parking Lot" forum and I just don't know how much caffein I can take!

Condolences to everyone for the wonderful weather we've been having lately! I'm hoping that there isn't too much peeking up out of the ground in your gardens, cause whatever's there will likely be frostbitten after this weekend. I'm sure that I've just lost several Summer Snowflakes and Snowdrops, in the tiny garden in front of my shop, which were lulled into a false sense of security by the mild winter! I noticed a clump of Narcissus which were poking out of the ground in front of my house too. Those are probably goners too. Oh well, so it goes.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I know - it's frustrating. So many of my bulbs are taking a peek out of their nice warm beds. I keep tellin' them to go back to sleep, but you know kids!!!

Don't know where Dave is Dena - probably watching a game...

Hey Andy---Ca va?

Haven't seen SuzieQ, Lora or Jamie either...Jamie, lookin' forward to the rummage sale - don't forget to give me the dates.

McCool - I hope you pop in every once in awhile - the coffee's always warm and the company is always enjoyed!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hope this is de-caff!
I was all ready to assemble another little PhotoShow this morning but the program won't work. Can't figure it out. I've been using it for months. I even e-mailed the provider but it's weekend. Frustrating.
Too cold for Sarah's walk, too.
I haven't seen enough growth on any bulbs here to have this cold worry me. It's mostly under a bunch of leaf mulch anyway.
I did go around the yard today to clean up fallen branches after yesterdays wind.
Andy P

Garden show...

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/577357/

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

definitely decaf at this time of the evening.. Did you try rebooting? Sometimes things get hungup and a good ol' reboot fix things right up.

A garden show at dunkin donuts?? They growin the stuff in the Latte cups like you? haha

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hello everyone! Never too good to share coffee Dena! I've always liked DG but this forum has been real special because of getting to meet all of you.
We had snow flurries today.
Like Andy, none of my bulbs are up enough for me to worry. (unfortunately neither are any of my wintersown seeds)

Yes, I was watching a game earlier. Big win for my Uconn huskies. You guys still awake?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yup - watching M*A*S*H and jumping on during commercials.

I figured as much - did you do a victory dance?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Anita, I get paid not to dance...or sing.

I put the coffee on for this morning. I have croissants (sp?) in honor of Andy and biscotti in honor of me. Help yourselves!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

hmmm - sounds good! That is to the treats...I am sure there's a reason for the salary..

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

oh, by the way..here's some Stollen in honor of me! :) I like mine with a little butter on it.

Good morning to youz
Good morning too youz
Good morning to youz guyz
Good morning to youzzzzz!

*sticking hand out for my pay to shut me up*

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL - I don't have that much money!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Anita, I just tried to reboot and no change. Still can't make PhotoShow work. I have the latest update installed, nothing has changed since my last 'creation'. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday seeing Monday is a holiday.
(Not) Dave. Croissants are artery cloggers, terrible things. Let's have another......
Actually I just made some blackberry/bran pancakes for breakfast with real maple syrup. My own blackberries, too. Yummy.
Andy P

BRRR! Its a bit chilly out there,
as promised, here are my frozen crocus...poor little things...

Thumbnail by GRENTHUMBS

the other little clump trying so hard to be pretty...

Thumbnail by GRENTHUMBS
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yummy Andy - I'll take a short stack! I just cinnamin oatmeal...boring compared to yours!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

GREN, crocus are pretty tough. Lets see what they look like once it warms up. Bet they are OK.
Anita, on weekends I treat myself to nice breakfasts. Sometimes it's strawberry/banana pancakes or french toasts with baked apple on top. I just used my last apples though in that pie I made last week. I ran short of apples so I added some of my strawberries and blackberries to make up the shortfall. VERY MESSY in the oven.
Andy P

OK Andy, you had better stop, I'm drooling all over the keyboard!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Now in the Summer, fresh veggie omelets are............
Just kidding.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

Crocus may be tough, but New England winters can be even tougher, I'm afraid. I lost all my crocus (crocuses?) last winter.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Ok Andy - we'll be at your house every weekend..right Dena?

Did you really lose all of them McCool? I have them coming up where I've planted them like 15 years ago!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Dena, See I realy am around.
Dave (not DAVE)

Andy, You are quite the cook. We will remember that if we ever do a round up!

Anita, Could you explain what stollen is? Is it something baked by Andy but then you "stolle" it?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

In my younger days I lived with others in big apartments. I would be the cook, someone else would clean up.
When I was a kid I'd follow my dad around the work shop, my mom around the kitchen and my neighbor, old Mr. T, around his garden. That was way before video games and TV was for the evening.
Andy P

Dave(not Dave) can do the prep, Andy you cook, and Anita and I will clean up. Then the guys can go dig something and us girls will go shopping for something wicked kewl to put in the spot Dave (not Dave) and Andy dug up!
Sounds like a fun day to me!!! McCool, you in? While we are out prowling for pretties, perhaps we will happen apon some Crocus for you!

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

Sure, only I'm not much of a shopper ---- pretty good in the cooking department though.

I may get around to getting some more crocus one of these days, but I was just particularly upset at losing the ones at my shop because they had come from a little pot of flowering ones that my husband gave me. It was a "just because" present, no special occasion. I planted the bulbs afterwards and they had been coming up and starting to multiply for a few years, then we had one of those mild then bitter cold winters and I lost every single one of them. Drat!

awwww, Your hubby got you a just because present! and how smart is he! A just because gift that grows! Now I know you need more Crocus! Because! Because! Because!

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Evenin' all.
My Dh is cooking dinner tonight, the kids are playing a game and I'm enjoying my "reheated" coffee.

I'm glad someone has some crocus out there. I think the rabbits nibble mine to bits last year. I'd find the occassional leaf but that was it.
I'm going to try and plant some in the front yard this year. Maybe they won't find those!

Hi McCool. Ask your hubby to tell mine about the whole "just because" gift idea, please. I keep dropping BIG hints, but still nothing...

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I just put some Italian sausage in the oven. Pasta tonight.
I guess there is an up side to having a neighbor feeding the feral cats, No Squirrels. My bulbs are safe it I can keep the cats out.
Andy P

Andy! SHHHHH!
That word will bring trouble here!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images