Anyone going to the flower show?

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

The flower show is at the Dunkin Donuts center in Prov. The 23rd - 26th.
I'm going Fri. morning and I can't wait!
Bringing the camera of course. Any body else gonna go?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

A garden show at dunkin donuts?? They growin the stuff in the Latte cups like you? haha

Don't forget to bring the camera - definitely need to see more flowers in bloom!

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

I'm not planning on going to the one you mentioned, but there's also one in Worcester on the same dates. My mother and I will probably go. We usually end up going on the last day as Sunday is a regular day off for me, but Saturday is not. I don't think I'll bring my camera (....ducking, sorry guys!) as I just don't like taking pictures and usually only do it for business. Hope that everyone who does get to go to a flower show anywhere really enjoys it. It is nice to get a breath of Spring while still in the throes of Winter.

McCool, you know if you don't take that camera of yours, you'll kick yourself at some point.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

Hmmm, sorry Grenthumbs, not really! I don't take many pictures, hide from anybody with a camera, and don't even like to look at old pictures. Bad though my memory is, I still think that if I don't remember it, why keep the *&%$# pictures?

Well, in that case, leave the darn thing at home and have a great time!

Philadelphia, PA

I'm going to try and get to your Flower Show Grenthumbs. Our Flower Show (Philadelphia) is expecting 250,000 in two weeks.

Hi Mitt, holy moly, you spoke!

So tell me, as I have never been to one of these big shows, what am I to expect? (besides flowers)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous fantasy garden setups that have so many plants jammed in that if you tried it at home there would be no way to keep them watered and fed.

On the other hand you will see setups that give you great ideas to use in your own yard -- and some you can't imagine trying.
And usually opportunities to buy luscious plants to bring home.
Also many folks just having a great time enjoying all the plantings.

*Packing sketch book, pencils, pen, note book, camera, cash, & credit cards,*
Thanks Blooms!

*jumping up and down with glee*

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

so...?? How was it?

Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

I am going to the RI Flower show this year probably on Saturday. It is such a treat as the crowds aren't nearly as large as Boston. Check out the talks they are worth going to if you get a chance. So have the renamed the Providence Civic Center to the Dunkin Donuts Center -yikes!

Yes, Sedum, makes us RIers look like a bunch of coffee junkies, *looking as angellic as humanly possible, with favorite mug in hand*

Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

Grenthumbs one thing nice to do at RI is to see the judged section where they have a category and various entries for the category. It is so much fun reading the judges comments and seeing if you agree with the blue ribbon, 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention selections. This is easier to do at RI than Boston.

You will notice that the landscapes are 'unreal' since they force all the plants for the exhibit so it is possible to see forced tulips with daylilies in the same exhibit (not as bad as this example but you get the idea). The vendor area is always fun to go to find unusual products, seeds and plants - just have restraint! Check the times for the demonstrations and talks before you go on the web site so you can plan your time there. It is good if you can take a break and go to a talk part way through for a break. The food at the show is usually not too good and little over priced. At RI it is possible to get your hand stamped and go back out to your car.

I've gone every year to RI except last year (husband was sick) so some years the show is better than others but I think it is worth going each year!

Thanks for the advice Sedum!
I can't wait!
Gonna stop and get a coffee!
Got my camera all set and ready to go!
Got me some $$$ for spendin

Be ready for pictures when I get home!!!!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

O that's tomorrow for you isn't it. take some pictures for me
Al

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Have fun tomorrow Dena!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Didn't you say something about sketchin'?

wish you guyz could come with!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Me too.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

me three!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi guys,
can't get in to coffee today - having a cup without you :(

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

why can't you get in? I thought I left the door unlocked?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

page is unavailable - I'm having problems everywhere, no dmail, no new threads , no fun
I'm sure the size is starting to get to my measly dial up also.
Al

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I'll start a new link for you!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

wouldn't be a bad idea, there are site problems today noted.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

couldn't start one could ya - na na na na boo boo

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

nope - foiled!!!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

some souls over here
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/578526/
come on work!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

**envying weiner being at flowers while I'm here**

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Al - I don't think it's fixed...no luck yet!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Just realized this is the weekend of the Ct flower show too. Not sure I can make it.
Dave

Hello ALL! The flower show was GREAT (or wicked cool!)
The lighting left alittle to be desired and some of the pictures came out dark...sorry, but it was awsome non the less!
Hope this link works out...heres hoping....I think webshots will ask you to sign in, just hit view slideshow as guest, and enjoy...
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/112714992JYLf/album/547948055BbUmVG

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Dena,
the tour worked fine, you had some good pics in there. How many pot pals did you buy hmmm
lots of lupines and bulbs I see, were the cake pics before lunch?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

who is Alex?

I live far away

Alex is my friend, I got her addicted to gardening...yup its all my fault!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

D d d d does she know about th th th the . . . . .worms

yes she thinks I'm nutz
I thought about every one of you while I was there and we took soooooo many pictures, I hope you felt like you got to see most of the show.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images