Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

Do you guys remember "Cellofane"

Mesilla Park, NM

It was used to make your hair shine.. Where can we purchase that, boy was that one great thing. Used in the 80's... you could use the clear, or even different colors. Now I did find something in the Jazzing, but would rather have the Cellophane and not even sure of the spelling now. I was told that you had to have a license to purchase it now. I WANT SOME..

A.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i used that stuff. white bottle with orange labeling. the company still stocks at walgreens, i can't remember the name off hand. if no one comes up with it i will check next time i go. they made something else i really liked, now i will have to rack my brain. (o)

Mesilla Park, NM

I found some at this place, don't know if it is the same or not. But, they did have it in different colors if I remember correctly.

http://www.hairproductsoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HPO&Category_Code=colourshine

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Gourd,
That is the right product it is made by Sebastian, it's supposed to be only a proffessional product but hardly anything is anymore because of so much diversion in the hair industry. I still use that product in the salon, it really is great. In 10 1/2 years of doing hair I haven't found anything better to help seal the cuticle and give shine, also helps lock in haircolor. It last about 4-6 weeks, but you have to apply it on clean hair, put a bag over your hair and sit inder a hot dryer for 15 min and then cool for 5 min shampoo out, if you don't use heat it won't work. A lot of salons don't use it anymore because it does really help keep you haircolor truer and more fresh longer.
I posted on your question about conditioner to.
If you need anything else ask away!
Mindy

Mesilla Park, NM

Mindy,
Thank you so much.. yes, I remember they did use a plastic cap and put me under a hair dryer. I had gotten a perm and then it looked so bad that I requested a straightner. They used the cellophane to help restore and make my hair shine.

Thank you so much for the answer. Which color would you suggest for a 30 percent gray head.. all of my gray is on the top of my head.

Thanks again. Going to order some.

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

You can't go wrong with the clear

Mesilla Park, NM

Ordered the Clear and Ginger, hopefully there are enough of my dark brown hairs still around to be able to use the Ginger, if not, will send it off to my daughter..

Thanks hairgirl.. boy do I wish you lived close to me..

A.

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

Gourd did you get the cellophanes yet?

Mesilla Park, NM

Not yet, I wish they'd hurry up..

A.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Mindy,

Is Matrix Prizms the same product as Cellophane? Do you know if the Prizms need heat also?

Thanks -Kim

Mesilla Park, NM

They got here today, will try it out this week....

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i forgot to "watch" this thread. glad to see you found it, Sebastian. that's it. debi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.