highlighting your own hair?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Any of you highlight your own hair? well, maybe you have a friend help you? The cost of cut, and 2 colors is just too much for me. I want to add a bit of highlight so have the cap, needle, and all the supplies including friend. Advice? I

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks like no one has advice because we're all afraid to do it ourselves. I just stretch my highlights out as far and few between as possible. It actually costs less than my husband getting his hair cut every month.

I would LOVE to do mine but am just not willing to let anyone play with it. I have a neighbor that is always doing hers, but she colors her whole head.

Marlton, NJ

Hi! I have my Husband color my hair and put in highlights. We use Loreal, it comes in the maroon box. Its very easy and he does a great job. Its around $16 much better than the $70 I spent at the Salon.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I had my daughter help me this past week end. I used the cap and needle from the beauty supply store. We left the bleaching/lightening solution on for 3 and 8 min and nothing! I just wanted brownish highlights so may try again.

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

I die my own hair. I am just too frugal to pay $35.00 for someone else to do it. Get a Sally's Card so you can get thier discount. Buy the Wella Brand Hair Color $3.77 each bottle. Then you buy the 20/20 developer perioxide a huge bottle for $6.00, this last a long time. Make sure you get some gloves. I buy those big yellow dish washing gloves, which look awful with all the die on them but they last for ever. I do not have the guts to hi-light my own hair.

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

I do my own highlights. When I have the time and patience, I use blond brilliance from sally beauty supply. I bought the foil wraps too. I usually do the crown and around the face. HOWEVER, it took a few times to get it to come out well so realize that you will need to practice.

I have used the highlighting kits from the pharmacy. They have one that you use an applicator and kind of brush in the solution. It came out okay, but also took a little practice.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

are you blond using blond? I am brunette wanting just lighter brunette highlights.

Mc Call Creek, MS

Hubby and I have been doing mine for years. Just use the stuff from Walmart (usually Clairol). He pulls it through the cap and I put the stuff on, etc.

It comes out fine.

Kay

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.