What is that conditioner called that is used in Salons?

Mesilla Park, NM

It untangles your hair just like that.. I always want to purchase some, but think it only comes in gallon bottles. Either way, I'd like to get a gallon anyway.. leaves your hair as smooth as silk. Now that my hair is wirey and gray.. maybe this will help.

Anyone know the name?

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Gourd,

Every salon uses something different, we use Schwarzkopf and Tri on our back bar, it comes in gallons for us because it saves money, we you use it on everybody, but i also retail it in smaller sizes. Just call your salon or stop in and tell them you would like to purchase some conditioner. I don't think you would need a gallon because prof products are so concentrated it would probably last you 1/2 of forever. What type of hair do you have? I can probably point you in the right direction of a good product.
Mindy

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

I should have read your question better. You have wirey and grey hair, is it short, long, fine, thick? Does it frizz easy? Is all your hair grey, no haircolor?

Mesilla Park, NM

yes, it is naturally half wavy and mostly straight (mostly like a bad perm) gets very frizz easy, no haircolor and about 30 percent gray. I think that the frizz also affects the looks of the gray hair. Looks like a bush.

Help.

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

Lets see depending what you have out there, Redken All Soft is good that one is pretty basic, alot of salons carry Redken. Schwartkopf Bonacure Treatment Shamp & Cond is good, But my very favorite is the Tri gold line, short for Tricology all off there products are GREAT, I have color treated, with highlites too and my hair is naturally curly and not nice curl it's frizzy and coarse and since I have been using their product my hair literally has never felt better, even the girls at the salon are amazed at how nice my hair feels.
Also the Bed Head control freak products are pretty good.
If you know what some of the salons carry let me know and I will tell you what I think. We have carried most of the lines at one time or another in the salon.

Good Luck,
Mindy

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

Infusium 23 has a leave in conditioner that is excellent at detangling. It can be bought at salons and Walmart. Even our Kroger has it. Be sure you read the label and make sure it says leave in cond. There is one that you have to rinse out. The leave in works great and is so easy to use. I don't love the shampoo. SheVerne

Middle River, MD(Zone 7a)

Gourd - Ask them the next time they do your hair........ or for that matter - call them and get the name...... I'm sure they'll tell you the name......

Then "google" to find if you can purchase on the internet........ Or try eBay....... I even buy my hairspray on eBay now....... Save "mucho" $$$$$'s

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

beauty supply stores can help. my hair is like your to bush at times .. i use some really good cond. that soften it, but most hair salons will tell you if ask to...

Mesilla Park, NM

Alrighty, Thank you Hairgirl,

I ordered the Bonacure Treatment shampoo and conditioner, only wish they would get here like Today..lol.

Thanks for all the information that you can give me. All I remember is that my hair was so silky when wet at the hairsalon. If I remember correctly, I did ask the hairstylist what they used as their untangler/conditioner and she did not tell me. That is also the other reason I don't go to salons anymore, maybe it's time for me to get my hair fixed and find a reputable place here..lol

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Mindy - Which Trichology Gold product do you use? I am looking ofr a moisturizing conditioner, leave in or intensive treatment for my dry, brittle curly hair. Is there a specific product you would recommend for routine use for moisturizing? I have never heard of this brand - do they sell it in beauty supply shops?
Thanks for your expertise - Julie

Mesilla Park, NM

I found this site with Tri products, but do not know if it is the same one Mindy is talking about.

http://www.trihaircare.com.au/shop/product_listings.php?Maingroup=Hair%20Care&Secondgroup=Conditioners

hopefully there is a place online to order from.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

It is a site out of Australia...
I saw a couple other sites, but I don't know which product to try. I was hoping to find Trichology on eBay!

Mesilla Park, NM

Here is another one, I think this is a US based site.

http://www.trihaircare.com/index.html

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

I swear by Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner. I love the stuff, and you can buy it at Walmart pretty inexpensively.

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi everybody,
Sorry I haven't been online for a few days.
Gourd yes that is the right website, have you received your product yet?

Julie the products I use are from the Tri Gold line it's called Structural Balance this is what I use-
Hydrating Shampoo for color treated hair, they also have one for normal hair
Daily Hydrating Conditioner
Leave-in Reconstructor
and once a week I use there Hydrating Reconstructor Treatment
These products I would recommend for you too.

The Aerogel they sell is awesome! It is aflexible gel that you put on the hair wet and after you dry your hair you can use it as a hairspray. I can't seem to keep it on our shelves, usually order every 7-10 days. Comes in aerosol,spritz and travel size.

If any of you are interested and can't find the product let me know and i will help you out.

Mindy

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Thank you -

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

the Aussie Leave-In Hair Insurance, it works like a miracle. get it at Walgreens. debi

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I find the Aussie brand products are not heavy enough for me - My hair needs loads of conditioner to make it workable. I used to love the packet of reconstructive treatment that they made. I used to use a little every day as regular conditioner! I don't even know if they still make it...

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Have you tried Ojon products? I use the ojon shampoo and conditioner and my hair has went from wiry and poofy to slight waves and very smooth. I use a bottle like every 2 months and what a difference the shampooo and conditioner have made. I have very long hair too. So thats why I go through so much shampoo and conditioner so quickly.

here is the link www.ojon.com

This message was edited Apr 24, 2006 2:02 AM

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I love the Aussie Leave-In Hair Insurance, it's under $4.00 at Wal-Mart..Also Pantene make a good leave in spray conditioner...All the salon products are just way over priced and are the same thing, but each to his own..

larkie

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Hello Gourd,

My message may be a tad late in responding to your post, but
I just had to in hopes you might pop back in.

You might check back with the salon that made your hair feel great.
It isn't so much the name of the product as the ingredients that matter
to your hair.

Different hair has different needs, likes and dislikes. As you mentioned
your hair felt silky afterwards and normally does not, I would guess the
product line the salon used likely contained a cone product, or several.
Cones are various ingredients in shampoos and conditioners which give
hair a slip, making it softer and a lot easier to detangle. One of the
'cone' ingredients you might find is Dimethicone.

My hair tends to be on the dry side, so I look for items specifically with
cones. Shampoos with Sodium Lauryl or Ammonium Lauryl often make my
hair feel as though it were washed with dish soap, stripping all of my hair's
natural oils during the cleaning process. Not good.

Now remember, not all hair types do well with cones. I am one of the folks
who swear by them for my own hair. You just have to know when to clarify
and when to switch shampoos on occasion. I fluctuate between light cones,
no cones and clarifying - always have, always will and do not suffer from
split ends, fly-a-ways, etc.

:-) Karen

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I received a sample of a Vidal Sassoon moisturizing shampoo & conditioner from a lot off eBay, & they made my hair feel silky & smooth. When I looked for it, I discovered that Vidal does not market shampoos & conditioners in the US! There was not a single google hit. I saw bottles of a Vidal conditioner in a discount store, & I picked it up for a dollar. It is almost the same stuff! Dimethicone is listed as the 7th ingredient, which follows what Karen has offered. Now to go back & buy all of those bottles before they disappear!
Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.