Meet Katy

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Katy arrived on this earth on 3/1, 3 1/2 weeks early. I have 2 threads on the pets forum and forgot all about the farm forum.
Hope you all enjoy
Jen

Thumbnail by JustJen
Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Not sure what color she is, lol

Thumbnail by JustJen
Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

she's too active for me, lol

Thumbnail by JustJen
Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

So sweet!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Congratulations! She's a pretty girl and apparently a healthy one.

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Yes Katy belongs here on the farm forum. In that last picture she looks fawn colored! What color is the sire?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

New foals are so interesting to watch as they get their 'land legs' and learn to run and play.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I'm still trying to figure her color out, lol
Her sire is a bay/white tobiano.......with brown eyes, lol

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

What color eyes does the milkman have???LOLOLOL

Temecula, CA

Congratulations on a really nice baby. She looks fabulous for having arrived so quickly...How is Mom doing? I look forward to seeing Katy's development and hi-jinks. "Nice work", to all involved!

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous! AH! Lacy still hasn't delivered! She's a chestnut frame overo (maybe with some splash white. If white crosses over her back anywhere, she is a tovero, but she's definitely overo!), be back later, on break from class!!!!Congratulations!

This message was edited Mar 7, 2006 1:06 PM

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Hi Jenks! I wondered where you were! Pam, thanks! I emailed drdon right after she was born and havent heard back from him. Hope all is well.

Tina is doing great! She was kinda hateful to fancy the first couple of days but now they are all getting along good. I'm the only one that katy seems to have a problem with, lol.
She doesnt have any white that crosses her back, but shes still sporting the dorsal stripe. When i look at her ears, neck and back, she looks like shes started to get darker, but her legs are still very very light. It'll be interesting to see what her final color will be.
Little witch tried to kick me today.....grrrr....any ideas how to curb that?

Hi! I MISSED IT! LOL She sounds like her mama! ;) She is so light. What makes you think she's not chestnut?

Khaos is going to be grey. His mane and tail are now almost totally black and where he's shed out is dark dark (black looking) with little hints of white hairs....I love the look when they're dappled.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2006 6:23 PM

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Her light coloring threw me off chestnut/sorrel. She came out really light and its confused me ever since, lol. I'm beginning to see some darkening tho.
She has 1 solid blue eye (the one with the white eyelashes) and the other is sorta half and half.
Just found about a few mins. ago that a picture of them was accepted on the site you had yours posted on! It'll be on there the 9th! Any ideas how to link to it so people can vote?
That is so cool about him being gray. I think thats a color that there arent nearly enough of them.

AH! The half blue half brown is "supposedly" a dead giveaway for splash white! Though her practically dipped in paint face is a fair good giveaway as well! Lacy's eye is half blue and half brown!
I'll go vote! They don't give you enough time! Which pic did you enter? the one with Tina and her nose to nose? I love that one!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Yup! Theres something about that pic that touches me!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Oh, Jen, she is just PERFECT!

i will guess she will be a buckskin, which is not often seen in paints, esp overo. maybe if you ever sell her, she needs to come to Texas.

just kidding, i know selling her is the farthests thing from your mind right now, but she is sure a beauty, whatever color she turns out to be! thanks for sharing these photos. are you aware there is a poultry/liveestock forum, with lots of baby pictures HINT HINT.

i like her name too!

tf

edited to say, on that voting site i saw a dun paint, with dark around the eyes and black tips on the ears. so if Katy doesn't have any dark points besdies a dorsal, that dorsal may be temp, and you may have a gold chestnut on your hands!

This message was edited Mar 7, 2006 9:20 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images