best brand of jeans for women

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

what brand do you think makes the best for mature womens shape? I used to get Lee jeans @ JC Penney w/ a side elastic and I went to re order some and they only carry the relaxed seat and thigh not the traditional tapered leg. Now I am out in the cold.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

It was hard for me to find jeans that i like as well, then one day i was at Walmart and found a pair that i like the color of them...they were like indigo blue...and on sale..so i got them and loved them i even went back to and got another pair. They are called Demin Riders and they have just a wee bit of stretch to them. I dont have the perfect shaped body and these fit and feel nice...and hubby likes them to..heheheh

Char

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I will look for Denim Riders. I hardly ever shop Walmart. . .it is so big.

Sultan, WA(Zone 8a)

I LOVE Eddie Bauers and Venezia by Lane Bryant. I couple of stores that know what a woman looks REALLY looks like and how to make jeans to fit her.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Just found a pair of jeans on the internet that I am certain would fit me to a T but they are $795.00 made in Italy, I burst out laughung, I like to know how different they are from Gap lol lol lol

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

When I think of Italian women I do not think of the 'twiggy' figure so I am going to bet those jeans would look wonderful on us w/ rounds and bumps! Just my luck JCPenney nor Sears carry those.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I think you would like the Lane Bryant jeans. I occasionally get the 25$ off is you buy 75$ in the mail. Do you live close to one? I could mail you a coupon.
I am a size 20 and I enjoy them. I also have Lee Riders that are good.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

thanks bluegrassmom but I got a pair of Calvin K's @ the Goodwill for now. I am trying to lose weight and will splurge on new jeans when I get to where I want to be . . .or in the neighborhood anyway.

Kirksville, MO(Zone 5a)

I discovered JAG 'Foster' jeans. They are wonderful. I'm a curvey size 16 and I look GOOD in these. You can only get them at HSN or Nordstroms. I've yet to find them in stock at Nordstroms. They aren't cheap ... $78 I think ... but I've never put a pair of jeans on and felt so attractive in them.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Most of my jeans I buy for $1.50 at the resale shop...I like Gitano and Ralph Lauren for jeans...Condor has lovely dress slacks..(and I shop for those at 'regular' stores)

I'm hard on jeans, so I shop for the 'gently loved' ones and when they get ruined, I'm not heartsick over XX$.

Waycross, GA(Zone 8a)

I agree with red_princess_71 about the Denim Riders from Walmart. Inexpensive and very comfortable for day to day wear. If I want to "dress up" I like my Chadwick low-rise premium ones (premium describes the price - tey were $49.00 when I bought them last year, but they're $54.00 now - wait for a $20% off coupon.........

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

another vote for denim Riders at Wal-mart.. :) I'm 5'11& 1/2 and they make them for us tall women too.. All through school I always had the hardest time finding clothes that were long enough. Which makes no sense since all the models are tall and there should be clothes to fit real people that are tall!
:)

Susan

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ouch $80!! ??

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

OK, girls, I'm 75 years old and I love jeans for everyday wear in cooler weather. I wear a 8-10 short. I have no butt - what my brother used to call "hatchet butt" - straight. In the summer I wear men's shorts because they are not so full back there; my waist is 32" + or -. and I am 5"2" and certainly don't have the longest legs in the world hence the pants have to be short or I have to take them to be shortened. No sewing machine. Surely there is someone else w/this problem out there. I have tried on jeans ad nauseum and nothing fits. I don't like the baggy/droopy look. Can anyone help w/ suggestions where I can get some jeans that might look good on me? Maybe with some stretch and a bit of elastic at the waist - I want to be comfortable not stuffed into something. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Ann

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Ann,

I have bought some stretchy jeans from our local walmart, they come in a variety of colors. They have no buttons just an elastic waist, which i sometimes love. I have looked on there site and could not find them but did find these ones... 9102 1288 8230 0700 6339 40. I am sure they would have them at the store..If you have not already checked these out please do so, you wont regret it. I also know that QVC and HSN carry the same style of jeans. I did check at QVC and found these...and you can get them try them out and if you don't like them send them back within 30 days...can't beat that. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/walk.yah.0009~6944~I182

I hope these help out :o)

Char

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll try Walmart since it is close. Don't like to order stuff and maybe have to return it. Thanks a bunch!

Ann

PS - I love Dave's idea of upgrading to Firefox 2 but it can't even spell Walmart or most of the member's names so you have to add it to your dictionary which can be annoying.......

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Just try finding nice fitting jeans when you are a size 4 Petite and way past your teens! The problem with most of them for me is the rise. I am long waisted and a low rise ends up way too low, somewhere in the middle of my stomach. I found one pair at Target last year that did fit perfectly after hemming the legs, but can no longer find it there. Sigh.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I have almost the opposite problem. I'm 5'8" but have very long legs. Being an adult I really don't like jeans where every time I bend over they slide down my butt. I see so many young girls wearing them and I don't find them attractive at all. I did hear that higher rise waists are coming "back in" again. Sounds good to me!

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

I haven't been to the site yet, but supposedly Lee
has jeans for grown up women to wear.

Not the low riding 'I'm trying to look twenty" type of jeans, but
jeans that fit right, not too tight, not bell bottomed, tabbed, ribbed
or riding your crotch. Just good jeans that fit right and look decent.

I think I'll visit the site on that note.

:-)

http://www.lee.com/

Thornton, IL

I posted this on another thread, but I think more people might read it here, so I'll post it again.

Fashion Bug carries a brand of jeans ZanaDi, that really fits! I got a great deal the other day on two pair, for $33. They were 40% off, then an extra $15 off for being instantly approved for the store card. (The regular price is $40 a pair). I got a pair with butterflies embroidered on them, and a plain ole basic pair. They really fit and flatter the full-figured gal. My husband loves them too, LOL.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ya'll are making me laugh with these down your bum low rise jean stories.. My much younger sister makes fun of me, but until my body shape is smaller, I must have jeans that reach up to my waist. I can't stand the thought on bending over and loking like a bad plummer. I'm 36 and i can remember the first time i saw a girls underwear coming out from under her jeans in plain sight. It was jaw dropping for me and now it's just not a big deal I guess.... bra straps too... use to be that no one would show them and now it's the thing to wear the camisoles and have the bra straps underneath.. I recently went to a Lee outlet store and found some jeans that work great. I'm 5'11&1/2... and growing up it was impossible for me not to wear floods. I'm so glad they realize that we come in different heights now!!

Susan

Southern, NJ(Zone 6b)

I've been buying men's jeans and men's chinos for years. I love never having to hem them. There is such a choice in waist sizes and lengths, and leg styles. They look every bit as nice as a good pair of woman's pants of the same style, but they are made of better fabric and better stitching. They last forever. And they are almost always less expensive. I'm far from having a man's body shape, yet they fit well over the bumps and rumps. No one has ever noticed that I'm wearing man's pants.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I always wore mens Levi's growing up in the 70's. I never had a pair of women's pants till I got some hand me downs. I was so skinny I had to take all mine in on the side. I never did like baggy pants. They had to be tight. Now I've gained weight and am an ''old'' woman. But pants don't fit me right, now either.

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

Why is it that mens' pants, in general, have so many sizes, lengths, etc? I wear mens' shorts in the summer and if I could find some jeans short enough for the winter or other britches for that matter I would be in hog heaven. I don't want to spend so much money for pants that I will have to constantly wash, etc. Can't sew any more - gave away my machine and I can't really hold a needle so alteration is out of the question.

Ann

Southern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ann, I've wondered the same thing about men's versus women's pants. Why can't we have the choices men do? To get "dressy" pants I do have to shop ladies/womens and I hate it. Have to try on a hundred pairs to find something that fits right (looks decent) between my waist and hip area, and I always have to have them hemmed.

Even the pockets on men's pants are better. Deep enough that they can actually hold something if you want to but also because they are deep the material lays flat past my bulgiest part instead of bunching right there. I also only wear flat fronts which are easier to find in means pants. So many women's styles have pleats - who wants "poofs" right over their poofy stomach? (Even many men should avoid those poofy pleats but I don't think they notice how unflattering they are on less than thin midsections.)

Scottsdale, AZ

question..
are these fantastic jeans mentioned earlier from cental america and other places the ones with the addition of a fanny lifting flap inside?

I read about them but haven't seen any first hand and wonder if they really work or if it's hype. does the extra fabric show through?

inquiring minds (at least one) want to know.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

it would take more than a flap to lift this fanny ;)

Scottsdale, AZ

too funny, rofl

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey I just found a cool site. They take you through a "fit" questionaire and then come up with a list of styles and brands that would fit you best based on your answers. I thought it was very thorough yet not complex.. here is the link if you want to check it out

http://zafu.com/

Scottsdale, AZ

nice link, thanks

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

As per the flap................good idea, anything to combat gravity ! lol.

I saw a body slimmer undergarment in the JC Penney catalog that had some sort of reinforced area under the butt for uplift and support.

Unfortunately, the older I get, the more I need these support garments, but the less tolerable I become of the discomfort associated with being squashed and squeezed and not being able to breath. LOL. When I have to wear them, as soon as I get home........ I can hardly wait to get past the front door before I start stripping them off all the way to the bedroom. What a relief !!!!! What we gals go thru to try to look good. lol The guys don't have a clue.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I've never been able to wear anything other than Lee jeans or Lee Rider. They are the only ones that seem to have a real waist in them. Levi's fit great on straight up and down people but not if you have a figure! No matter what pants I buy, I always have a gap in the back of the waist but it is much better with the Lee brand.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Yes, what's with that gap in the back of the waist? Who is designing these jeans that simply don't fit women. If I find jeans that fit everywhere else, there's that darned gap and it's impossible to alter. I had one pair altered by a tailor but it was expensive. Yet my husband buys jeans and they fit perfectly.

Natural Bridge, VA

I like Liz Clairborne Premium stretch jeans. They're about 2% stretch and maybe $55. They really fit and feel great!
toni

Natural Bridge, VA

I went on the jeans site, zafu, and couldn't get anywhere when clicking "get jeans" or "open account" Anyone know what's up with that?

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

weird..I just went and it worked for me :(

Natural Bridge, VA

I went to a different int. server and tried it again; it worked. I like the zafu site and am writing down the recommendations for when I shop for jeans again. Thanks.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

You are welcome! I thought it was a pretty good resource. I get frustrated trying to find jeans that work for me and I know I am not alone! This at least narrows things down so that you can try on the ones they reccomend and have a better chance of ending up with a nice fitting pair of jeans

Thornton, IL

I 'll try on the jeans they recommend. I was pleasantly surprised to find that some are from Old Navy, where my kids love to shop! Thanks Jazz.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

You are welcome :) I was pleasantly surprised also to see a whole range of jean options and not just horrendously expensive!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.