Here's who had a cup last time
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/579923/

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Night all

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Good nite John boy!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Good morning. I have coffee ready. WAKE UP!!

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Good morning AL, Dave, Anita, Andy, And Nap!

Al, I like your picture!
Thanks for the new pot of coffee.

I have news from Wormdom...upon checking them last night, I found what I believe is eggs! I'll soon have more than the four dozen I bought from the bait shop guy. They are working nicely, I am pleased that there is no stink coming out of their tote, just a nice earthy smell, as reported by others.
: )

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Dena, How are you? How is the work situation?

Glad your worms don't stink!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I like that.."There's a new pot in town" They say most men get them, usually from too much beer, but it's a normal aging process...

So Dena - your knee deep in shiFt?

Nancy, I loved your garden pics! Very pretty. So glad you are joining us!! You know everyone, Nancy is a wiz at photography! She's a very creative person!

Al - don't start picking in Pirl - she just got back from vacation. Besides, I'm not entirely sure she lurks here.

Well - that cup is empty...need another...

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Morning Dave!!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Good morning! How are the kids? I miss them!

Time to make the donuts!

OMG! I missed something, where are these Nancy pictures, and Nancy?
On the other coffee thread?
I must see!
I said hi and I missed someone?!
This wont do!

To answer the work question....I have to partake in an ORIENTATION:
that is during the day for a few days...I think this is dumb. They need to hire someone who can orient folks who work third shiFt, on the third shiFt, cuz they are screwing me all up! Do they REALY think I can stay awake from 8am to 5pm watching the most boring vidios on the planet? And then do it again the next day? This is one of the hardest tests of endurance I have ever had to take, and I have taken quite a few of lifes tests and passed. Sorry about the rant, but I am having sleep deprived issues!
I can't wait for this part to be over so I can get on a schedual. I wonder if this is how they weed out the not so serious applicants...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

**pulling up to the table**

Hey what's going on in here?
So Dena you are practicing your job in the day and then doing it at night? Sleep's good - I like sleep. I was totally out of it sleeping last night after being up for close too a day also. Nice to sleep that hard, but scary that drunken elves could have danced the jerk on your forehead and you wouldn't have known.

ok, coffee is starting to work....I found the PRETTY PICTURE! I did say hi to everyone! : ) hi again Nap! Your flowers are beautiful!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Dena and all. Nancy and Nap are one and the same. Both are me.

We have a big front yard and two big side yards, but practically no backyard at all. And that's where my poor little garden is. But I've been encroaching onto the neighbor's space, gradually.

Yes, Anita, thanks for promoting my photography. It was so sunny and Spring-like this weekend that I bought a little bunch of white tulips and photographed the life out of them. Here's a sample.

I have to say goodbye already. Leaving for work soon. Have a nice day!

Thumbnail by nap
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

One more.

Thumbnail by nap

oooooooo!
I smell Tulips! and talent!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh no. I posted a third and it disappeared! Once more.

Thumbnail by nap
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you!

See ya'll later.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nancynap,
I think the life part when out of them when you cut them off.
Very nice pictures tho, you have to spread your gardening domain - it's really the only answer. Dena - how are your neighbors set for space?

My neighbors are good on space...
I wouldn't impose on them, they have a very nice veggie garden that is located just on the other side of the property line. We stand at the fence and talk and share ALL the time. We call them Mem & Pep, Pep would be the one who gave me my name here at DG, I've been helping him with his garden for a few years, he has trouble weeding so I elect my daughter and we go over and weed, then we find veggie gifts from him hanging in a basket on our side of the fence with a note saying, "the elves were back again, and they weeded for me!"

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

O hey I'm your neighbor can I give you some names?
Did I mention to you about my neighbor with the fear of worms - that gets a lot of play for me (;}

Al, you can call me what ever you want as long as you don't call me late for dinner....

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

You're coming to dinner ? - I better pick up today

Hey you know I how I send dmails to people I don't know, well I finally had one come back with a "who are you - want do you want" response.

well, what did you expect? someone somewhere was gonna eventually think your nutz.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I try not to think about what I do - it really cuts down on the fun.

Dave I'm still waiting for my donut!

yeah Dave (no donut) whats up with that?

I'll check in shortly, I have Mt. laundry to fold.....

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Nap, really nice pics. Do you know how to combine 2 pics into one as in a 'side by side' thing?
Anita, the plant behind my red Amaryllis is a tropical Hibiscus.
GREN, did you give your neighbor any of that nice manure last week?
What a bunch of chatterboxes today. It's like this is our own little site with DG in the background for filler, lol.
Andy P

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I think you are right Andy...I so love coming and chatting it up with all of you!!

So what happened to the donuts? What time is dinner?

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Not exactly sure what you mean, Andy. Like as in a collage? Or like layering?

I've been trying to experiment with combining pictures. I put someone's face in the middle of a flower recently. I also took my son and me out of a picture of us sitting on his front steps, and placed the two of us on a stone wall at Letchworth State Park. It turned out fairly well for my first attempt. Have you done that sort of thing? Because I have some questions.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Al, you mean I didn't kill them?? Oh thank goodness! They were already dead in the supermarket! I suppose I did a good thing then. I made them immortal.

Anita, I don't remember which ones you've seen. Did you ever see the daffodils from my son's garden? One of my favorite pictures.

Thumbnail by nap
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

No - I didn't. Nancy that's great. That would make a great gallery piece!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

This one is another of his daffodils.

Thumbnail by nap
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Hey Napsy,
Here's my son's new house.

Never have enough blackmail material.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Nap, at the top of the list is a 'collage'. A side by side, before & after.
I have Adobe Photo Shop 7.0 that I understand about 5% of and Irfanvue with which I am clueless.
Layering would be a bonus.
Andy P

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey Al - that was nice - giving him your old one. What does your new dog house look like?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I think this is it.
Perfect place to work on my manifesto

BTW - Andy I edited this in Photoshop Elements

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice place..too many trees to bark up...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Also easier to stalk MG - I know she doesn't watch this who cares!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Good morning everyone - hope you're all sleeping soundly :) Reading up on everyone's posts, but still having a hard time keeping up with all of you! Andy, I'm heading to a Photoshop seminar this morning in Richmond - hoping to learn alot more than I already do - but when I get a chance I'll send you some pointers about making the "collage" - it's a piece of cake! Beautiful photos nap! Dena, congrats on the new job - I'm in total agreement regarding your orientation - I remember when Rick had his short stint at Lowe's and had to do the same thing - only it was for two weeks! videos, lectures, blah, blah, blah. But I beat both of you - years ago when I started working for MBNA - we had six weeks!!!! of orientation - that was during regular hours (8-5), then had to shift gears and start working the night shiFT - 5 - 2 AM! Good luck on getting your time clock adjusted :) I've been reading alot of posts on DG, but haven't had much time to post anything myself - been extremely busy outside - busy planting at the nursery and taking advantage of some of this nice weather to get some clean up done around the yard in preparation for our open house in June. Supposed to be in the 70's this weekend! We even planted a few trees yesterday :) Tons of clean up to accomplish in the gardens this spring plus we've been trying to squeeze in the final details to get our website up and running. I've been missing alot of shots of plants that I really wanted to take and post :( Beautiful Iris reticulata popped out last week - our Abeliophyllum (White Forsythia) is spectacular right now - hopefully it will last a couple more days for me to get out with the camera. Got to get ready to make the three hour trip to Richmond - I'll check in tomorrow - keep the coffee on! :)) Debbie

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Good morning all. Continue to be busy. Late meeting last night, early one this morning.
The donuts were supposed to be delivered to each of you! I'll try again today.
Coffee is on!
Nice to meet you Nancy/Nap! Where is Depew?
I'm really going to have to learn about digital photos, posting etc. as soon as I get some free time and have some plants up. You guys have set the bar rather high. You are all so good. Nancy, you are talented!
Well, time to make the donuts!
Hopefully I'll chat tonight.
Dave

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

One thing about spring arriving..it's lighter earlier..which means I'm up earlier. My bedroom doesn't have blackout shades so it's like a natural alarm clock...the sun wakes me up. Right now, with it cold outside, it's annoying. When the weather warms up, it's wonderful. I take my coffee outside and sit on my patio.

Work has been annoying. My boss, let's call her Sybil, has got to be bi-polar!! One minute she's friendly, the next ranting, and then antisocial! It's like Forrest says about life being like a box of chocolate!! You would think I'd be used to it now since I've been there 5 years...NOT. Thank goodness I'm out at clients more than I am in the office.

Debbie - you are about 5 weeks ahead of us with regards to plants? I think that is a good estimate.

I remember when I was in my early 20's, I could easily work double shifts to 7am. I don't think I could that anymore

Well, that was a quick cup of coffee.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.