Arkansas Diamond Mine

Kirksville, MO(Zone 5a)

Has anyone been to the Diamond Mine in Arkansas. I've promised a couple of friends I would go with them the end of this month to explore this mine. Any suggestions to make this a fun trip for all? What does a raw diamond look like?

It looks like aluminum; it shines like ice.
It hides in plain daylight.

I feel like writing a poem...LOL.

Yes, I've been there. Love it. Can't help it. I don't know if I'm allowed to link here, but you can google Arkansas Diamond Mine, there are pictures on Flicker and even a site on Squiddo dedicated to it. A Diamond with the highest rating ever given was found at that Mine. Hillary Clinton wore a Sunshine Yellow Diamond to a DC function (maybe when Bill was sworn in as Pres, can't remember right now????)

Diamonds have a oily look in the sunshine.

If fun is digging through a haystack of dirt; urged on only by hope...then you will enjoy it. If anyone in the group hates to get dirty; they won't enjoy it.

I'd sell my house and move there, but then I'd either never go or else my DH would have to drag me away from there every night.

I've collected all different types of rocks from the Diamond Mine, even Kimberlite...but as for Diamonds...nothing worth anything that I know about. Others have found Diamonds worth a lot.

Diamonds come in many colors, with Red/Orange being one of the rarest colors.
Someday my ship will come in...someday I'll find a diamond in the mine.

Hope you had a fantastic trip...tell us about it, okay?

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

I'm so jealous. I've been trying to convince my DH to take me for years. No cookie. He did take me to dig for pink tourmaline in San Diego though. Only found a few tiny tiny pieces though.. It was still fun though. :)

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Oooh, how fun! Let us know what you find!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images