It finally stopped raining

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm sure we still have some rain to endure, but we've now actually had two days in a row without rain. I don't know what happened to California this year. Temperatures were in the 40s and 50s until yesterday. Then the temperature shot up to 72. Within a few hours, my ridiculous garden, which had received 4 inches of rain the day before, looked all droopy and wilty, as if it needed watering.

Anyway, here are a few things in bloom. Some may still look waterlogged. Here's a sweet Soldanella, just starting to bloom:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a Pleione. It's a "product of Canada," but I bought it less than half a mile from my home.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Here are some primulas:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Another:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

And another:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

And yet another. This one's water-damaged, but it's such a nice one:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Some Lewisias:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Another in a pretty shade of peachy-orange:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Cute little Rhododendron, just slightly bigger than the Primula behind it:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Thornton, IL

Zuzu - Hello! Wow I love those primulas! I'm not familiar with these, they look like big, blowsy cabbage roses. They are no doubt perfect for decorating hats, maybe Easter bonnets?
Thanks for sharing your photos. Have a happy holiday.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

The rain has almost destroyed my Iris suaveolens bloom, but look at the size of this iris in relation to the tag.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks, PrairieGirl. Happy Easter to you too.

Here are some really short and bright tulips:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Thornton, IL

Now those look like your petals, Zuzu!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL, Prairie. Incidentally, they might as well be. I'm also short and bright.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

I have the yellow form of Iris suaveolens also. And I like the foliage almost as much as the flower. Completely evergreen, even here in zone 4a Minnesota!

Thumbnail by Leftwood
Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

As you can see, this pic was taken in the fall. (The other was last spring. It's way too early to bloom here yet.)

Rick

Thumbnail by Leftwood
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Your alpines are well into swing Zuzu..I have some Primula marginata just starting to bud but still some 2 weeks off for sure. Only Crocus and Iris reticulata open yet in my rockery but some Kabschia saxifrages are showing colour in the buds.

somewhere, PA

Zuzu - those are all lovely! I especially like that blue primula. I've got to get my camera
out tomorrow - lots coming into bloom in my rock gardens. (And lots of weeding to do after
the warm winter.) Its so nice to see this forum coming to life as we get into spring!!!
Tam

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

Great pictures! Glad to hear that you've had a chance to dry out a bit. That Pleione is quite an eye catcher, and I love the peachy Lewisia and bitty Rhododendron. Those blooms on the Rhody are amazing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.