Dallas Plant Swap - Working out our date and place.

Dallas, TX

I dont know ... it might be, I had Cannas coming from everywhere. Anyway the Canna I was referring to is called Robert Kemp.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have been looking for a Richard Wallace... after BraveHeart...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Whoooo! That one is pretty Mitch, such a pure dark yellow.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/37531/index.html
I need to ID my other cannas. I never knew there were so many varieties!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Shiela did you take part in Eyes of Texas canna co op.
The horn canna farm has some nice ones. http://www.cannas.net/shop/cart.asp?action=catalog_start

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

They sure do but they have a min.,.. and I just want one! If anyone on here is going to order i would love to piggyback one Richard Wallace off their order.. .. ..

Some many plants so little time!

Dallas, TX

I want that Black knight! :)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Ted, Mitch,
I didn't look at the co-op forum at all. I wouldn't mind have a few different ones, but couldn't order enough to get into a co-op I am sure.

Dallas, TX

Why dont one of you guys start a coop. I wanted to order this white one called Blanche. They were supposed to let me know when they were available, but I havent heard a word ... maybe because I only wanted one? :)

Mitch that Richard Wallace look like the one I gave you last summer.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Could it be????....

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Sure does but everything is in the name...

Shelia - no co-op but we could all go in together and buy the ones we want and share them at the Dallas RU if not before... Sylvia want to work it out?

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

saves on shipping--

Can anyone give the the physical address of that Park? Like an address to google a map? Everytime I google it I get either a golf tournament or a link to the northcentral texas native plant societies--neither one of which is giving me an address. Something tells me I won't have time to do this in Sept.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

VETERANS PARK
3600 W. Arkansas Lane
Arllington TX

Here is the city Website, we are going to be at the far Southern end.
http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/park/guides/trails/trails_veterans.html

Go here - www.mapquest.com to look up how to get there and maps of the area.

Thanks Mitch--I've been able to go lots of places with mapquest. ;)

Kinda right there in the middle of everything, huh?

Mitch, I even saw where Red Oak is now!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

find Bear Creek road near Hampton road and you will find me.

I'm just proud of myself for 'zooming' out far enough to see the town...lol

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

lol! At least you know more less where I am at.

yep--southeatern corner of the map!

By the way..I don't have any cannas--can I still come? lol

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

We can fix that problem - dont worry :->

I am really close to I 35 - so when you are heading this way you will pass me.

Looks like Fort Worth really is the closest place to stay.

Dallas, TX

Mitch how big a rhizome is the Cannas? will we have enough to share?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have a few here that if I am reminded I can bring up for her - who knows if we can get a deal together from horn she might want to get in on that too.... a whole yard of them!

Looks like Ted has a yard full of them! :)

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

He gets ya started.. then with Sylvia and Sylvia (Dallas and Red Oak) I have been caught up into the wonder of the plant to match up with my natives.

It will take up "real estate" if you have places to fill...lol
Boy that coop forum goes 24/7

Funny how easily teacher's biological clocks switch over to being night-owls, huh?

This message was edited Jun 8, 2006 11:17 PM

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Yep - sure does.. I have stopped looking over there, to dangerous to my pocketbook.

That got stuff over there I've hardly even heard of...lol

Dallas, TX

I know! That coop in going to get me in trouble! and now they got the Heucheras in there. I sure want some of them. I am not buying anymore Hostas, by the time you finish with all the surcharges and the postage I could do better with my suppliers and a freebie thrown in. I just watch for good sales with suppliers I am on a LOT of mailing too.Bluestone Perrenials just had a kick butt sale! Everything was half price! I got eleven items and it cost me only 43.00.
I recently bought 200 markers for my Hostas, then I need to buy a lable maker and the laminated tapes. I really think I am going to need another 200 markers. It was a good deal though ... the markers on only cost about .40 a piece.I want to lable my Cannas too. Some people buy them to mark their Daylillies too...speaking of Daylillie my first one I seen ...I think I bought it last year.

I got some of those EON markers too..I mainly need them so I don't forget the color of stuff over the winter...and do dumb things the following year like put white echinaceas next to yellow rudbeckias--although the color combination has grown on me....lol

Like it may as well have--nothing to do about it now.

Dallas, TX

OMG Debbie, I wish I knew how you get everything to look beautiful! :)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I will take a look at the co op forum and will get involved in that if it doesn't require a huge investment.
Work calls.

Sylvia--I only show you the good stuff...lol ;)

Sheila--I can usually contribute to something...not into cannas though at this time--but Mitch may have me converted again after the swap...lol

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Cannas are just a great plant here - I plant them and sunflowers where I want shade for the next year... so far it works!

So many plants so little time....

Mitch

Here too--so many plants so little 'real estate' to plant them in...So I'm going to Independence today to get more.
Debbie

Hey I did rip some tomatoes out--so I got room gotta fill it. ;)

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

grass keeps going out of here...

Dallas, TX

Mitch did you get those grasse going I sent you?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

one of the two is doing great the other is still just sitting there. The Ribbon Grass is doing great and spreading a little fast but looks great where it is at.

Found that John Fannick summer phlox up at Antique Rose Emporium--Can you believe we drove all the way up there and came back with 5 plants? 3-1 gallons and 2 of the 4 x 4...I must be either losing my buying touch or was touched by the heat--lol

I only got us lost once via Navasota...

Dallas, TX

yeah that Ribbon grass is pretty too! That other I got off the markdown shelf at Lowes. Mitch you should see that Bog plant you gave me... its still growing I got it where the faucet leaks...it must be tough, it made it thru the winter.

its much taller now...this pic was taken some time ago

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I thought you had a water feature you had the water plants in Sylvia? What you have BTW is Pickerel I think. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/7985/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.