SOLVED: Anyone know the name of this one??

(Zone 9b)

I have no memory of planting it and no way I will be able to find the trunk to read the tag till next winter.

Thumbnail by Kell
Walhalla, SC(Zone 7b)

Kell I don't have a name for your lovely rose. But I want it. I love the colors! I'll do a little looking and see what I can find.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Looks a lot like Charisma.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I like it. It also looks like my rio samba, but then it changes to red...wish it would just stay like your picture, and not turn red...
-T

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

what ever it is it's pretty..I love the colors..Zuzu talked me into buying Charisma,well she posted photo's...lol...

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Jody, I would talk you into buying Rio Samba too. It's a great rose and more vigorous than most modern roses (except when the gophers eat it, which is what happened to mine). I just bought two more this year.

(Zone 9b)

Isn't Charisma small flowered? And orange/red rimmed? This one has big flowers and is dark pink rimmed.

Here it is in the day.

Thumbnail by Kell
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

kell..how big are they?

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Okay, that looks nothing like Charisma. The colors are right for Sheila's Perfume, but the shape is wrong.

(Zone 9b)

LOL. I will measure them later when I can move from this chair. They are not huge but are big. Here they are next to Mon Amour and Eglantyne.

Thumbnail by Kell
(Zone 9b)

Zuzu, I have never seen one like this. Maybe I should try to crawl into the mess and see. But I will have to crawl around a few roses and I think they are too close together to do do without serious hurt.

Thumbnail by Kell
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

kell, those are beautiful photo's...your gardens are saturated in color...

(Zone 9b)

Yep, the flower fairy's throw up.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Don't crawl around in there. You'll hurt yourself and the roses. Let it be a surprise later. It looks like some of the helpmefind pictures of Rio Samba, Rainbow Sorbet, and Sheila's Perfume, but not enough like any of them to make an ID.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

wow kell whats the red rose with hints of pink towards the center?

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Don't ask Kell. She'll tell you it's Mon Amour. It's actually Mon Cheri.

(Zone 9b)

Oh Steph that is a rose that has an inner light to be sure. That is not pink but the light shining up. I love it so much...................

I have tried to get good photos of it but for some reason my camera has a hard time capturing all that makes it so special.

Thumbnail by Kell
(Zone 9b)

LOL Zuzu, I was actually going to say Mon Cheri. So there!!! I caught the other day I had called it Mon Amour but haven't had time to go back and find where. It is because it is my true amour.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

You did it in this thread today, Kell. Look at this morning's post of 10:45. That's why I said it.

Here's another picture of it, Steph, but it's redder than my camera will admit.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
(Zone 9b)

LOL. I think I did it on the one the other day too. What can I say? LOL You know me by now Zuzu. LOL

It is hard to capture it. The one above is my best shot. Here is a bud.

I read a post earlier today from a Daver who said they were 52 so their memory was all filled.

Thumbnail by Kell
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's one I wrecked by spraying it too close with the weevil spray, but it looks great if you don't enlarge it.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow I have to have Mon Cheri!! Georgeous!

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

It looks like a rose called Centennial Star to me.

Thumbnail by gardenguyaz
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

No clue to me ............but I want one!!

(Zone 9b)

I was telling Alan I saw one similar to it at Regan's the other day, Sundance. Though I had never seen Sundance before nor have I ever bought it. Another rose I never planted in my garden! A mismarked one for sure.

Now I need to go find Centennial Star so I can see what that one looks like in comparison in person.

This is what it looks like now. A gaud rose for sure.

Thumbnail by Kell
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Well here you are kell...I was beginning to worry about you...I thought maybe you got lost searching for a rose in a foreign country or something...lol...

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Speaking of orange, I saw this one this morning at the farm store and it looked orange too and when it fades it still looks orangish.
http://www.helpmefind.com/roses/l.php?i=A44772&tab=10

Anybody grow this, About Face?

I have Tuscan Sun this year and the buds look wonderful but then it washes out to a washed out pink. I don't care for that.

(Zone 9b)

Hi Jody........I wish I had gone on such a great buying trip. LOL. I have been having fun running around. Spent 2 days with Dr. Don and his great wife Pam and saw Zuzu again. We had a ball.

Joann, we even talked about you. When we saw Europeana at Filoli I mentioned you!! I always think of you and your daughter's wedding when I see this one. Dr. Don is so fond of it also. Dr. Don told me he knows and loves you thru Dahlias! And it turned out he also trades and likes so much one of my best Dave's friends in the world, Susie - Calalily. Such a small Dave's World. LOL

I have seen About Face at nurseries, and I always like it. It is a slight rose bloom but I like the colors so much.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

reminds me a bit of Love and Peace.
I have About Face and this is it's first full year. It seems to be quite well in not-so-ideal sun exposure.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I have about face and love it!

kell-if you EVER climb in there, I WANT the name of that rose!! lol...I had rio samba, and got rid of it because it turned red...love roses that are yellow and orange or pink, but not red...

yours is what I've been looking for...

Here's about face:

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Hilliard, OH

I was just looking at the Amity Heritage Roses site and saw a picture of Tequila Sunrise. Could this be your rose?

http://www.amityheritageroses.com/HybridTeasN.html
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?i=A6227&tab=10

Jomejamo

(Zone 9b)

I really enjoyed this site, http://www.amityheritageroses.com/HybridTeasN.html
THANKS Jomejamo

I will have to look for Tequila Sunrise to see how close it looks in person.

Did you notice the "Pure Mystery" (unknown) Hybrid Tea rose?? Now that is quite a rose.

Seedpicker, great shot of About Face.

This message was edited May 29, 2006 11:28 AM

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Did you guys notice the one called Irish Creme on Jomejamo's link? What interesting colors that is!!!

Oh Taylor I think I would like Tequila Sunrise, red and orange is one of my favorite color combos. You should see my master bathroom. Red walls with a light tan bead board wainscoating and orange accessories, like candles and towels. I know it sound gruesome but it really is quite pretty if I say so myself.

Hilliard, OH

The 'Pure Mystery' is beautiful. I have a new 'Honeysweet' rose sitting on my porch in a pot. Pure Mystery looks alot like it, only with a quartered look. I like apricot, and orange/pink roses.

I like Irish Creme too. I just bought Hot Cocoa this year, so include 'brownish' on the list.

I just read in a gardening book that for collectors, brown was 'in' but the author had given up on growing carex buchannii because everyone kept asking if it was dead. Ha on me! I just bought three plants this year...

Jomejamo

Hilliard, OH

Here's a picture of my Honeysweet bloom...

Jomejamo

Thumbnail by jomejamo
Hilliard, OH

Here's a picture of one of my container with the brown sedge grass (Carex buchananii) in it. See the tufts of grass in the back?

I'm really not that great of a gardener. I read a lot and know a lot that way, but in practice it's hit and miss. I like the way the container turned out, I think I'll call it a hit.

Jomejamo

Thumbnail by jomejamo
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I think you should call it a hit too. It's a great combination.

I love that Honeysweet.

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

Just went to check my Tequila Sunrise but all that's there is the rose hips . A little windy here the last week
Close to Josef's coat but not enought red/yellow .

Hilliard, OH

Thanks ZuZu, that's a great compliment coming from you and your beautiful gardens.

Jomejamo

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful container, I love all the heucheras and osteos. What a great combo with a clay pot.

Zuzu, what are you calling honeysweet?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.