Color 'breen'?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I ordered some pants that I thought looked black but the details read "breen" is the color. What is that? dark dark dark blackish green?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I did a search by typing in "color breen" and found it described as a deep olive green

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

thank you. why not call it dark olive green?

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

ROFLMBO!!!! Too funny. ;)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL! Amen!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Now get this. I asked the Nordstrom rep via 'live chat' what the color breen is. She said she thought it looked black but would check with the manufacturer and get back to me. In the mean time Vee8ch and my neighbors research id's it as dark/deep olive green. I just got an email from Nordstrom telling me it is dark dark brown. crazy.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Every site I've found shows this color (link) as breen. Some sites call their color dark Breen but I didn't find a picture. .... shrugging shoulders .... . Doesn't make sense to me that a dark brown would be called breen. breen vs green . Dark dark brown couldn't be compared to a shade of green. Very odd lol!

In this link it does look more like a shade of brown to my eye! This could drive us crazy ... hee!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000E507DG/002-1707796-2635225

This message was edited May 25, 2006 3:28 PM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

The pants arrived. the color is dark brown w/ a hint of dark army green. breen is a dumb name for it. What color would you wear with it? I was thinking peach. ?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

How about wearing them with brime or yeach ? Maybe even a pale aquiolet? OOOHHH, try preen. That should just do it with breen.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Once again, the obvious escapes me! Of course!!! I painted the old picnic table this past week end and my dh calls it 'army green' and I call it 'breen'! He is so dated.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.