PLEASE Keep track of your 10 earliest blooms_____

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I will second Carol's motion there. I have a dahlia that is in poor shape and the buds open up and are mostly empty.

Yours should be fine - less than a week to go.

here's a wider shot of SVB for no apparent reason

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Delhi, IA

Patience Blue____ my first blooms opened without my camera at home and since then all I've had are some rather scrawny productions with bug damage. Guess I better dust or spray. Was hoping they would get ahead of the insects. And right now we need some rain. I hate to get in the habit of supplementing ma nature. 3/4" last weekend but none since. Do I hold out or cave to the dahlias?? I am cleaning up a potential rain barrel for collecting.

Sammamish, WA(Zone 8a)

My first dahlias this year were, as I had expected, Arabian Night. They started blooming on July 2nd and I have already picked more than a dozen and have eight more out there ready to come in.The plants are over 5 feet tall. These were planted directly in the ground on May 1st. Most of the credit should go to Brent and Becky's, since I ordered 5 tubers and they sent 5 large clumps.

I have two more cultivars just starting to bloom and if I can read my garden plan and identify, I'll post them later.

Thumbnail by Kyra
Sammamish, WA(Zone 8a)

numbers 2,3 and 4
Frog's Delight, Aunt Dot, and Rip City- I'd say the 14th 15th and 17th of July and all planted wirhout any special preparation on April 30 or May 1

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.