The Plot Thickens, My gardens.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I have a small yard in Jacksonville, Florida. Many things live in my yard and some even thrive there.
I am on dial-up, so it may take awhile to load all the pictures.
Please wait to comment while I get them all loaded.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed

These are some of Tom's plants and some Hostas

Thumbnail by sugarweed

This is the wiew from my bedroom.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

This pretty pink "Nancy" Brug surrounded by the "Sidney" coleus. That is a Guiness world record coleus that Nancy sent me cuttings from.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

This is a view of the right side of my house from the park across the street.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

This is 5 more of Tom's plants with a ruffled Copper Leaf from a cutting that Gracie gave me surrounded by chartruse Creeping Ginny. Across the back is Grace Rose, The Flume, and Millennium Red. All purchased locally.
Grace Rose is a real troublemaker. She needs to be pinched back all the time and she even hides her flowers.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Here are those 3 again

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Here's a Purple fan as ground cover around a dark purple duranta with some flowering red cocktail begonias.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Here is a corner of Hydrangeas with tricolored Impomea and oother goodies

Thumbnail by sugarweed

My favorite Caladiums with my Corn plant outside summering in the garden.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2006 9:44 PM

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Here is a bed with Florida Sun Jade Coleus, Margurita Impomea another mosaic like small coleus and some impatients.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

A view from the east end,

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

very purdy:)

Another long view

Thumbnail by sugarweed

A few more

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Garden guard

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Hostas dont grow in Florida

Thumbnail by sugarweed

I swear they don't!

Thumbnail by sugarweed

The last picture for now; Maybe more later.
Hope you enjoyed these.
Thanks Joni
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

That is wonderful, Sidney. So colorful and they all look so happy. I can see their smiles from here.

Hap

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Well Sidney....you've had me on pins & needles! I gotta know what the 'Nancy' brug is. That is a beauty!!! I'm swooning over it! LOL

You have some gorgeous gardens. Many of them are calling my name.

Ack!!! At your garden guard! I don't do reptiles....Eeeeeewwwwww! Is he friendly?

And I'm in love with your last pic! I just love geraniums and you have one huge geranium! I love to smell the leaves! LOL Most people think they stink.

Brinda, that little green lizard is all of 3" long and changes color. It's a native green Anole and I have about 200. They are so cute when they are 1 inch babies. Too small to hurt or scare anyone.
I love that sign. Got the last one. I have about 20 Gerainiums.
They grow year round for me.
Sidney

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I love garden tours, will you take us again, later in the summer. Please??? I have a hosta in a garden on Davis Island, been there almost 3 summers, doing fine.

I will not show you my yard, it's a mess of pots and patchy lawn, you know how renters can be....

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

dale ....if your yard looks bad it is a departure of some of your work....very lovely ; i guess it is kinda like my antique store....people oooh and awhhh and say ...oh i bet your house is great....i tell them no it is a disaster...they don't believe me...but is a disaster...too tired to come home and 'merchandise'

joni

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Very nice pictures, Sidney. Very nice garden too. I must admit I loved the green anole. I am getting along well with reptiles. Before I moved to Florida, I would have fainted if someone showed me a lizard within 50 feet of me. Now, they're part of my environment and I don't mind them at all.

Keep gardening and keep well, my friend.

Sylvain.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love your flowers AND your anole!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Well I FINALLY got here! Of course now I have to find an outfit that will go with the green envy of my skin! Soooooo beautiful!!!!!!

I have suffered from Hosta and Coral Bell envy ever since I first saw them on DG, and here the Hostas are growing in your yard. Do you suppose it's because if you tripped you'd fall over into GA? LOL I saw on at Wal-Mart the other day, but it sure did look scraggly. Guess I'll have to come see yours, O.K.?

If nothing else, I'll come see Henry. Saw his pix and he's just too precious!

Hunker down, Alfredo is a'coming.......and Hang on Sloopy!
((hugs))
Pati

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Ms. Patie.....

Alfredo is a cream sauce..

Alberto is the hurricane.

Close... hehehe

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Chef Hap, now you know why I have a weight problem.....everything turns to food! LOL
Pati

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful gardens. Dixie

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

You picked a good one, Pati...

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Hello All,
Swiftly checking in and, BOY, have I missed a lot already!

Sydney, tell me how to properly care the geraniums, please. I believe I'm overwatering mine. Do you let them dry out inbetween? Do they prefer full sun or just some sun?

Didn't get a chance to plant the flowerbed this weekend. Bad back pain Saturday morning, and not much sleep. Stayed up until 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning cooking dinner (I actually had a burst of energy toward the end of Saturday...)

So now we're down to cataloging the Coleus Chatter thread by weeks to keep up? It figures, cause it's the BEST thread going!

Tobee,
Thought of you this weekend and had to smile -- attitude
Hap,
Thought of you this weekend and had to smile -- Chef's hat
Brinda,
Thought of you this weekend and had to smile - beautiful baby
Sug,
Though of you this weekend and fell out LMBO! - Too much to recount!

Hope you all had a good weekend. More later!

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Hi Sidney, nice bunch of pictures. Great job. Everything looks so healthy. I love the shade you have.

Patti, I finally have white dwarf ruellia blooming. It was the last color to bloom. The violet and pink have been blooming for months. Still want some?

Jan, how about you, still looking for the white dwarf ruellia?

Art

Sugar,
What's that pinkish-purple flower growing next to your hydrangea? I think I have one growing in my yard. Wondered if it was a plant or a flowering "weed."

My flowerbed has about the same light conditions as yours. I have a good idea of how I'll plant it now.

Thanks for the posts!

Thanks everyone. I have such peace and happiness out there. I put down Epsom Salt last night, just tossed a dry handfull around plant bases and today the leaf color is already deepening. I'll get more tonight.
Sidney

Heathrjoy,
Thinking about you right now! Warm Fuzzies!

And,

Patti,
How's it going with you. Hugs!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

All your plants are beautful and love the nice bright colors...I use the epsom salts all the time even on my grass it makes it so green and lush...

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Sidney

Your yard looks wonderful, so colorful! I love it. Lots of texture good sense of style!

April

Thank ya, thank you very much.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Sid, Your coleus(s) look great...what beautiful deep colors! Thanks for all the pics, we love seeing everyone elses yards!
Anoles only have lips, and no teeth, so we make sure everyone that visits us from out of state, hooks them on their earlobes like earrings, for a picture. We used to have a fridge full of goofy pics. What a hoot!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.