The November, 2006 Roundup in College Station

I'm really looking forward to this next roundup. The first one we had was quite successful and I would expect this next one to be even better. Plus, I now have plants of my own to bring, including some exotic cultivars of crepe myrtle. :)

It's been proposed that we hold the next College Station roundup on Saturday, November 4th. The main reason is that the Antique Rose Emporium in Independence (not far from College Station) has their "Fall Festival" Fri. Nov 3- Sunday Nov 5.

How does that date work for everyone else?

Dave

Missouri City, TX

Everything happens at once. That is also opening weekend for Wurstfest. Will have to wait for the next spring RU, sorry.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Works for me!
;) Thanks Dave!

bump

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll put it on my calendar. :-)

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I have to check with my other local commitments, but I surely hope to come,
I love Dave's garden and all the wonderful friends I have met here.
Josephine.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds like a keeper to me!

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Works for me and this time I will be there!

bumping for input

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I plan to be there; I missed the last one. This will be my first and I'm looking forward to it. Might check out the antique rose festival while I'm "up north".

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Where is the College Station RU held? If at all possible I will come. I don't have anything for trade but I would love to come. ;)

Lin

The last one was at a park--I forget the name--really close parking to pavillion. I've got plans for a couple of the ARE events Friday prior.

What was the name of that park Dave?

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Aaarrrrgggghhhhhh!! We'll be cruisin' the Caribbean. Would much rather be in College Station!!! I'm being sincere, folks!!
CJ

Dallas, TX

If I can afford it, I will be there.

You can afford it Sylvia! and I can afford Dallas...let's keep telling ourselves that and it will happen. :)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

If I am physically able, I will be there. I am thinking positive and will start getting some cuttings rooted and starts of plants dug and potted as I can.
I know for sure I want a crepe myrtle from Dave, maybe that will inspire me.

We would much rather you be in CS too CJ! You had some great plants to swap this year!

Bumped for newer members to see.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

No problem CJ, I'll go on the trip for you so you can go to the RU! As much as I love gardening, I'd rather go on a cruise! :)

If that plan falls thru, I'm hoping to be there too.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Robert and I are planning to be there.
Patricia

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Maybe I can make this one. I'll be missing the Dallas Plant Swap in Oct. I so need to get away.

Well, thanks for offering to trade places with me, but my DH will be on that cruise and in that bed too!! So, I think I will pass - this time. But I really, really hate to miss it!
Will anybody have any liatris? No! Don't tell me! I don't want to know!!!!

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

We have never been, but would love to come... it's going on my calendar!!!!

Porter, TX(Zone 9a)

I would love to come to this. I think things should be settled down by then.

Well, Sheila - at least there won't be any confusion this time. LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I guess I can wait to make those t-shirts until the fall then, CJ. LOL

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I should be able to come to this as well....although it is hard to tell this far in advance. My class this fall is supposed to be a toughy, so hopefully no exams or anything over that weekend.....keeping my fingers crossed....

:) Kim

It sounds like a lot of people are going to be able to make this one; that's exciting!!

Saturday, November 4th it is, at the same place as last time. I'll get it reserved.

dave

Thanks Dave for conformation that this is when it will be.
Debbie

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

If DH is well we will be there. I pray so. He as been very ill for 3 months. The drs still don't know what it is. He has something that caused a spinal abcess. None of the test tell them what is causing it.
He is still on antibiotic intervenus 2 times a day.

Last round up his MRI was read right before as 2 bulged discs. That was very wrong. That was the first time he agrred to go to something like that as he is pretty shy. He had a great time considering the pain.
:o( We love you all and want to be there. Hope to have some answers tomorrow from another MRI, biopsy and tests and not another I don't know.

Dave and Trish, I still will have stuff for you. I may not have sent yet but have not forgot.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

If you can believe this... he booked us for a cruise. LEAVING HOUSTON NOV. 4!!! No, I'm not trying to be CJ. I was stunned. I mean, that's great and all, but... NOV. 4?!?!? Ah, well. Maybe the next one.

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

My wife and I would like to come, where will it be?

It will be at Southwood Pavilion in the Southwood Athletic Park in College Station. November 4th starting around 10:00am!

http://www.cstx.gov/home/index.asp?page=661

best,
dave

Spring, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm going to make it this year!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

never been to a DG RU and if I can get off work I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

calvin

got it inked in on the calender. Have every intention to be there. Now? How far away is it? HEHEHEHE......................

This message was edited Jul 18, 2006 10:09 PM

Nevada, TX(Zone 8a)

t's on my calendar, I plan on being there. This is my first, can't wait to meet everyone!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

It's on our calendar and I'm trying to get cutting started and seeds sown already.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, since I made the first Texas RU, that we held @ Lake Texoma (OK side so TARogers would come), & made the first one in CS, add my name to the list!
And I'll pass the word to rest of my group.
Yahoo!!! Another RU!!!:~)

Dallas, TX

LINDA, where have you been? I 've been looking for you. I wanted to apologize for skipping out on you at the RU. lol Did you hear that I fell asleep in the car? LOL!
Debbie, Yes I will be there! this is a much better time than October for traveling that distance.
Where is Sheila? Is she trying to avoid me? lol

San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

I wish, I hope!
What a delight it would be.

I've made a fool of mesef at least once, perhaps more.
I would love to be there, thar as it was! Lol.

I find mysef being willing and able, this moment!
I breath good this moment, can't breath tha next.
Alien I must be, a gas breather!
Haha....

24/7 suppost ta be. Not so, oxygen etc.
I have a re-examination in 30 days.

Arterial blood hurts but it tells tha story.
Your address, History, You, haha!

Should this work out for me,
Thanks a hed of time for meeting you.

Sorry for past tmes I couldn't make it!

Dave--do you have any small natchez white exotic crepe myrtles? LOL
If so, can I tempt you with anything on my list here?
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/625768/

Anyone else who wants plants for this RU please look at the list on the Dallas thread. I need to start all of these plants now, if at all possible. Please don't dmail me about LA Iris'; as Nov, in my opinion, is too late to move them--they will be at the spring RU. My La Iris beds are left alone after mid-Sept. I hate to disrupt the bloom cycle on them.

And the list often changes, on a daily basis. I've got a lot going I'm just not sure about yet--Dave I surely hope there's not a limit to how many times you can edit a post.

By the way Calvin--do you still want that Passiflora morifolia vine? Seeds came from California--I'ts in the PlantFiles.
Debbie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.