Large-Flowered Climbing Rose 'Fourth of July'

Denver, CO

Large-Flowered Climbing Rose 'Fourth of July'
Rosa

Floriferous indeed, in loamy_lady's garden

Thumbnail by ineedacupoftea
Chesterland, OH(Zone 5b)

I don't know my roses, but I have saw this one in bloom a few years ago and it was stunning. It was 2 plants growing over an arbor. It was a knock out and I will never forget it.
Shady

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Perfect rose with the perfect name for the perfect day.

Chesterland, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes, it is!

Denver, CO

I'll be darned.
Happy Fourth, my stateside fellows.
K. James

James, you didn't catch that when you put it on here? I'm sitting here shaking my finger at you.

Denver, CO

Honestly Pepper, I'm not that clever. I though I had submitted it a long time ago. Probably a PF admin with a nice sense of humour.

Uh huh. LOL

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Kenton that is gorgeous! I am just guessing that the little micro climate area you live in does not promote black spot like the climate of all of the Houston area? Really lovely!!!

Denver, CO

Our valley is a hot and dry desert microcliamte. Roses are nearly disease-free. Some spp. get powdery mildew, and borers are prevalent. (but elmer's glue prevents the latter) When someone says air movement and humidity are sole factors of powdery mildew, know that they are dead wrong! Some kinds get it even if it is a lone plant on a windy hilll!

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Well I have to say that I rarely have powdery mildew but here our problem is defininately black spot! Only varieities are truly resistant. Sure wish I could grow that beauty!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.