Coleus Chatters July 9-15

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I am sooooo lost with today's conversations.....

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL GG! What's up girl? You've really been pretty quiet this week. Did someone slip you some strong drugs to get you through the DGMIL episode? I hope things are going well for you! (((GG)))

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

GG what do MIL and GMIL do with their days? I bet they love being togeather and I know it's a blessing that you can have them there.
Sidney

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

hey all....yucky one of those days....came out to 4 baskets wilted to the soil; cryed...yup i know it is only plants but one of them was my favorite basket.....this heat didn't give any plants a break yesterday even if it was my b day.....i had ordered some messenger on the coop....doused all 4 baskets with it....then sprayed them with it.....and i think all will live so i feel a little better....shouldn't get so bummed about plants but i do....

tobee the picture of my arbor with a plant and vines on it is a computer generated picture....the graphic of a hanging plant and the vine were computer generated...the program is custom landscape designer....available on ebay for about 10 bucks....i really like it cause it is joni proof

sorry you are still pumping water....as for ceramic pots....vs foam....my kitties knocked over a foam pot with a fern in it and it busted....so all is not fail proof....

sid...who are you committed to?? didn't know that there was a significant other....other thank coleus...

georgia....you pic is lovely

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

on a coleus note...i have 48 cut and planted....is the goal to keep doing this so that by spring of next year i have enuf to recut and plant.....i am not sure how i will be able to grow cuttings well during the winter if an adult coleus wont make it....it is my understanding that a young un will weather winter better than the old ones so keep on keeping on......is that correct??

Joni,
Frank, Dayne's daddy, and I have been happily divorced for 35 years and I invited to come live in my home 5 years ago. I am not really in a relationship with him, but it would hurt him if I started dating. I also wasn't comfortable with Mr Fast.
And they don't call it MEN-Oh-PAUSE for nothing, LOL
Sidney
ps you have d-mail

MIL is just staring out into space most days, fixated on the little red dot that moves across the feeding machine. Not recognizing or reacting to much external stimulation. Just a matter of time, now...

GM is being a 90-yr-old. She's all of 5 ft. tall, and packs a wallop (or so she thinks). DH took a tongue-lashing just last night for something she didn't agree with. We've not had to swap sentiments just yet, however, this too may be just a matter of time. I will speak my peace, lovingly...

GM is supposed to be a hellfired cook, so she's been burning up my kitchen -- almost literally...and, she "can't stand to cook in a dirty kitchen," which she remarked about the morning AFTER I cleaned the kitchen the night before. Thank God I held my tongue, and don't let stuff like that get to me -- especially from such mature stock...

She sits in her sister's room, every night by her bedside, and prays aloud for her. Because, "she can't pray for herself right now, and someone has to do it for her..."

How can you be intolerant of someone who does something like this?

You can't....

P.S. Aunt Lena is coming on Saturday from California.....She's the healthy twin sister. Aunt Lydia, the other twin, is doing too poorly to come....

This message was edited Jul 12, 2006 1:09 PM

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

oh, the ceramic pots! forgot to say I hope you saved all those pieces to make a nice mosaic table top or something else cute like that.

Hey Heathrjoy,
I am missing you!

GG
There are gold thrones in Heaven for DILs like you. That is if you don't get sainted before you ever leave this earth!
My DM was so sweet. She really disliked that "Old people use their age to be just plain ugly!" She said "Don't they know that when they're gone that's all anyone will remember about them?" I dearly miss her so much.
Joni you are right about the young plants fare better.
Gotta get off this LT and busy
Sidney

This message was edited Jul 12, 2006 2:13 PM

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

GG, I'm sorry, I missed your post....

Sounds like you're having quite the visit. It's a good thing that this woman's Godson married such a wonderful woman, that's all I can say. God bless all of you. So sorry to hear about your MIL. What seems to make it even worse is that you're always the one w/ the words of wisdom in these situations.....

You're in our thoughts and prayers. When you need a break know that we'll be here to listen & laugh or cry with you. We also know that your kitchen is spotless, dear.

Big hugs.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

GG, I've missed you too. For a while there I was starting to wonder if we were the same person because we never posted at the same time! A la 'Fight Club'.......I'm sure no one here has seen it.....never mind.

Heathr,
THANK YOU for catching that!

I just wanted to reach over and squeeeeeeeeeeze my DGM around her tiny little throat and show so much love she couldn't breathe! tee hee hee

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

ROTFLOL!! Now, now. Remember GG, you're the sweet, soft spoken, southern belle that we all look up to...our role model for our manners! If you put her in a choke hold and dropped her like a ton of topsoil...well...where would that leave the rest of us???

Remember, deep breaths, envision what you're going to do before you do it (act, don't react), then trip her, don't strangle her!

Oh, shame on me, shame, shame, shame.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

sid...i have never heard that....men O PAUSE.....i love it!!!!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

gg ......wow you deserve a medal .....for not saying a dang thing....i love the mature stock....when does one become mature stock....(he he) i may be there....

Anybody want to host Aunt Lena? Just kidding. I've never met her or spoken to her, so she'll be a total surprise!

How do we start a new thread? This one's about to hit the depths of Hell...I need to be in the heavenlies!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

GG, dear heart.(and gentle person)....In my mostly southern Baptist family, when we were fortunate enough to meet someone who was actually practicing what preachers preach, we always said, "She'll have a star in her crown".

My dearest cousin/sister taught Sunday School for years. There was a little old lady that wore the same hat every Sunday for as long as we could remember. When my cousin reached the part about getting a star in your crown in heaven, she reached over and gently patted Miss Fannie on her hat and said, "But you will get your star in your hat", and we all smiled because we knew even Saint Peter couldn't get that hat away from her!
Pati

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

We have a new thread....I didn't realize this thing was so long. Here ya go http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/625677/

Ok, enough with the cudos & praise, cuz I ain't "all that and a bag of chips, too!" I'm just doing the best I can.

Besides, I'm feeling a sensation in my chest on the left side, that's kinda uncomfortable. Sort of tha-thump, tha-thump.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.