Dallas RU and Plant Swap Have and Wants Oct 8th

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Speaking of the Hercules Club, it's lost all of it's leaves and is not doing too well. It may not make it. I dug out the whole thing. Not a single root damaged but it's not handling it too well. I sure hope it makes it. I think I will go for a walk along the creek and see if I can find any more of them.

Lake Dallas, TX

Mitch, here it is, its grown about 3.5' this spring.

Lake Dallas, TX

A close up of the foliage

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

That is beautiful, Toby, I am afraid my little cuttings are no match for it.

Hico, TX(Zone 8a)

Everyone - I don't personally have the Eve's Necklace - just know where I can purchase it. I will see what prices/size they have and post them.

Frostweed: Thank you! I have your requests down, too. I saw the mimosa bloom this spring and it is a very pretty bright pink. Do you know what kind of a taproot they might have for a shrub approx. 3' tall? I will wait to dig the Vernonia and mimosa, but the 4 o clock is already in a pot.

Thank you very much, you are so nice, I have never dug a mimosa but I suppose they go deep.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a lot of starts of a tree that I don't know what is. I think they started when we had water back up into the yard. There is one of these trees in a neighbor's yard, or rather the area around the storm drain. There is about 20 of them.
Does anyone know what it is or want one...two...three....?

It starts out with this leaf formation.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Then it changes to this in the more mature leaves.

Sheila, it looks like it might be an Ash of some kind, but I am not sure.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

looks a bit like my schumards--I have live oak and schumard oaks all over my front beds.

Pat, could I please have one Yucca rupicula, Liatris,Obedient plant, and Lyre leaf sage?
Thank you,
Josephine.

Greenie, could I please have 1 Mexican bush sage, and 1 Ragin cagin ruellia form you?
Thank you very much.
Josephine.

Ted, if you still have Agave left, I would like one please. Thank you.
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine, If Ted doesn't have an Agave, I do.

Thank you Sheila, What would you like from my list?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, your Pineapple salvia sounds interesting, if you still have one left.

Dallas, TX

..... you guys can see I am not asking for much. My courtyard has just about reached its max ... besides a friend just bought me a truckload of stuff from Houston... I think i will start potting up some stuff to bring just to make more room out there ....

lambs Ears,

Peony, need to dig up ... maybe someone else can get it to bloom

Purple Ruellla

a Black Sambuca which I think will make a great door prize as I just bought it from Wayside Gardens a few months ago) ...

Mints,

lavendar,

Minerva Hibiscus ...

Acanthus Mollis (Bear's Britchs) which I need to dig up...in too much sun definitely a shade plant

more sedum (need the big pots for my Hostas)

Anybody I promised a Hosta to please remind me who you are and I will start my Hosta list ... so far Mitch and Debbie tops the list, but I l know there is some one else ...

am still thinking and looking... I hope the sun dont destroy too much out there

This message was edited Aug 10, 2006 10:54 PM

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila, I agree with Josephine. I think it's an ash. We have Texas Ash at the back of the lot and there are several babies that look like that. I will try to remember to go out there this evening and take a picture of one to compare.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

I can take starts off of this if anyone wants some. Giant Tree Cholla

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

now see... if I planted that cholla... I would be walking by it and fall into it. that would NOT be a good thing. so... no ... I don't want any of that even though I like the look of it. *giggle

Longview, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine,

I have you down for the Mexican Bush Sage and the Rajin Cagin!

Thank you Greenie looking forward to them.

Ted, I already have a Cholla, thanks.

Sheila, I have down for the Pineapple salvia.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

The Cholla was looking real good until I had to move the fence. Lost some of it trhying to move it without getting stuck. Did not work. LOL Giggle it will get you.

Dallas, TX

Ted that Cholla is definitely a "GUY" thing, lol

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

TA - I will take some more starts of the tree cholla... is there anything I have you would like?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

OK Mitch. Do you have any Wormwood or Dames Rocket left.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have a little of both! Got your names on them right now.

Lake Dallas, TX

Here is my updated list. I am getting rid of my larger japanese maples so please someone give them a good shady home.

Haves:
Japanese Maple Waterfall - green laceleaf - 10 gal
Japanese Maple Atrolineare - 10 gal - red strap leaf
Shantung maple 3 gal -

Wants
Goldenball leadtree
Eve's Necklace
Texas Kidneywood
Mexican Feather Grass
Pink Muhlys
Desert Bird of paradise
Trailing Lantana

Arlington, TX

tobydmv
I have shade and love JMs. I already have Waterfall and a Shantung. If no one has a place for your Japanese Maple Atrolineare I will definitely give it a good home under old pecan trees.

I have several trailing lantana: purple, white and yellow. I'll make cuttings of all regardless of where you send the JMs. I have never made cuttings of these before so fingers and toes are crossed,

To all
I have the old fashion tall red pentas. I almost didn't find them this year, or last, so I'm makig cuttings.

Does anyone want some? Apparantly these are happier as cuttings than seeds, while the newer, shorter pentas propagate more easily as seeds.

Let me know so I know how many to make to share.

Anyone want red, tall (easily 5-6 ft) hollohock seeds? These have had single deep brick red flowers with an interior flash of gold. I thought I'd try to start some, but what I've read is they want temps in the 60's to propagate, so it'll be seeds.

I have some volunteer crape myrtles: They should be white. They are small, and might bloom before the swap so I'll know for sure. One is just a couple of feet from the base of my Natchez White. This one gets tall and has that warm cinnamon colored bark.

Anyone interested in Sun coleus? I can make cuttings into plants easily by the swap. I don't know the names but have some bright interesting shapes and colors.

There are other things too: Salvia greiggi white.

cynthia

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Cynthia, I want one of your red Penta cuttings! :) I still have hollyhock seeds from you so I'll throw them out this fall too.

Tobydmv, I usually have Mexican Feather grass to bring. Hopefully there will be some babies come up before the swap.

Toby, I will reserve for you one of the dessert BOP,
I have a cutting of Goldenball leadtree potted for you, and if it roots it is yours.
Josephine.

I wouldn't mind the 3 gallon maple--at this moment I have gulf coast muhly: Muhlenbergia capillaris

But I may only be at college station Ru--at this moment Dallas is up in the air. If my friend is working a gun show at the same time either I can go or can send him with my plants.

Oh Debbie, I surely hope you will be able to come we were so looking forward to seeing you here. Maybe things will change, there are still two months.

It was tense prior to the spring RU too--work wanes and waxes like the moon without any semblance of rhyme or reason....right now its waxing. =)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I really hope you can get to come to Arlington Debbie. It would be good to see you again.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi y'all. I'm new to the scene, but have a few wants and few gives. My #1 want is a Prickly Ash/Hercules Club tree. I have a mature tree in my small suburban backyard and it is a mecca for butterflies and bees. I would love to 1-2 more.

Wants:
Prickly Ash/Hercules Club
Carolina Buckthorn --> getting from Indirt
Bird of Paradise tree --> getting from Josephine/Frostweed

Gives:
Mexican Flame Vine -- going to DMJ1218
East Friesland salvia -- going to TARogers
Scabiosa (Pincushion plant) -- going to TARogers

I look forward to meeting everyone in October. Happy gardening (even if it is over 100!).

Carla in Rowlett

This message was edited Aug 10, 2006 10:47 AM

This message was edited Aug 14, 2006 2:23 PM

Hello Carla, and welcome to the group we look forward to metting you.
I will reserve for you one of the Dessert BOP.
Josephine.

Hi Carla--I would love a mexican flame vine...is there anything on my list you want?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome Carla. Glad you can be part of this wonderful gathering.
Look at my list and see if you want anything.
I would like some of your East Friesland salvia and
Scabiosa (Pincushion plant) Ted

Hico, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Carla!
Sorry everyone, I forgot I had a Carolina Buckthorn to share. It is quite small right now, but getting a healthy root in the pot that it is in. Once planted, it should do greatly. If you plant it in the shade, it will have nice, airy, horizontal branching.

It is sitting in eastern full sun rt. now and it is surviving it well, but I know it would be happier w/ a little more shade.

If you want it - it is yours.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.