Dallas RU and Plant Swap Have and Wants Oct 8th

Hico, TX(Zone 8a)

dmj - thank you for your post - it cleared some things up for me. I went back to review your listings at top of thread and you have me down for hyssop - that wasn't me that asked for that, although it is a plant that I like and would recommend.

I now have you down for woolly ironweed and scutellaria wrightii.

Everyone - I will try to keep up on my haves and trades on my post that is about in the middle of the thread right now.

Been praying for rain - anyone else? Got some today - not enough to wet the ground, but it came, praise the Lord!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

We got some rain in Arlington but not at our house, one of these days it will happen,
I am sure.

Indirt, do you still have the Mimosa borealis,Rhus aromatica, Antelope horns, and Sedges? If you do, do I have anything on my list that you might want to trade those for?
Josephine.

Dallas, TX

It thunders everyday over here, but not a drop of rain yet! I wonder whats up with that?
Debbie I will give you sample of every Sedum I have and you still get the Hosta(s)!
Pat did you ever tell me what kind of Hosta you want?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Loveshercowdog--I would like to have some white Myrtle and red pentas . Do I have anything you want?
Everyone I have some of this is you want me to try to start some. http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/641/index.html

This message was edited Aug 24, 2006 11:08 AM

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

TARogers, I'd like some of the Mexican Poinsettia. I think it would go nicely next to my Mexican Firebush.

Carla

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

OK will start some. Ted

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Please Ted, I would love to have the Summer Poinsettia. You still haven't gotten many of my items, you need to select some.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ted--did you read my message a few posts up?
Debbie

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Debbie I got you covered on my list for cholla already.
Sheila will add you for some Summer Poinsettia
Going to try digging up some and see if they will live. Will try cuttings also.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I wonder if some of these folks are still watching this?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Would be nice to start another thread and copy and paste our new lists over to to cut down on scrolling and looking. Those who do not respond we can E-mail them.
anyone have BLACK CANNA LILY "AUSTRALIA"

Off the track, but has anyone heard from Jerrie (eyesoftexas)

This message was edited Aug 24, 2006 8:43 PM

I was planning to do a recap thread as we get closer, for the trades, the directions and map and the food, how odoes the biginning of next month sound?

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

That would be great, as this thread is getting long and difficult to wade through! Thanks!

Dallas, TX

Ted where have you seen a black Canna Lily?

Longview, TX(Zone 8a)

Debbie,
Thought I replied yesterday, sorry. Yes, I would LOVE some lemon verbena. Thanks much!!

-Donya

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

city sylvia http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/641002/

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

TA never even heard of that one... looks nice but I wonder how it holds up in our heat...

Does anyone have a baby or cutting of kidnay bush? Mine died this summer and I dont plan on going South to get another..

Lake Dallas, TX

Update, I think I have 2 or 3 mexican buckeye seedlings that are not needed, and lots of blue grama grass sprouts.

Would like to have some xeric type perennials like agastache/hummingbird mint or penstemmons for a Western exposure, prairie mimosa (desmanthus illinoensis), apache plume, choisya dumosa, western salvias, daleas....

I have some seeds from a Chocolate mimosa(albizia) I could give away, as long as you know what you are getting into.

Mitch, I have a small Texas Kidney Tree. Is that different from a kidnay bush?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

It sure is the same thing!!! What are you looking for it in trade?

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

oh oh..... ohh ohhh blue grama please!!!

I have lots of xeric perennials.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Do I have anything you want for a mexican buckeye seedling.
I have some Variegated Mintleaf 'Variegatus'

Lake Dallas, TX

Mitch, I guess I will have to try a cutting and see what happens. I think mine is too small to have seeds. I'll use Frostweeds substrate recipe above unless you have a better one for woody shrubs. Or, tell me if you think this would be more successfull, there are several roots exposed at the crown that have sprouted leaves. I could try cutting one of these and seperating it from the mother. I think its interesting how these Texas plants have such a bizarre root crown.

TARogers5, no trade needed, I picked up these seeds from the ground my last trip to the nursery. They sprouted in about a month. Mex Buckeye seems to be easy to grow from seed.

I have plenty of blue grama plugs and might even have some partridge pea and desert willow.

Does anyone have the hummingbird mint (agastache)? I have a planned site next to a brick wall on my western exposure that gets really hot. Probably doesnt help that its surrounded by gravel. I'll take anything that likes heat and looks good - mealy sage, dalea, lantanna, penstemmon....but would prefer natives and wildlife friendly stuff.

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

I have chocolate flower that loves heat and butterlies love it... deer don't seem to eat it.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

tobydmv, I'd love to have a Mexican buckeye or two. I can offer you mealy cup sage and liatris mucronata, both Texas natives that take drought and heat in stride. My full list, which includes several more natives, is second post from the top of this thread. Thanks, Patricia

Lake Dallas, TX

Turns out I only have one buckeye. What I thought were 2 more sprouts were Staghorn Sumac suckers. I just pulled out about 4' of rhizome from a plant thats been in the ground only 4 months. Would anyone like a 4' staghorn sumac? I'm digging it out this weekend. Its very prolific!

I think TArogers had first dibs. Ask Frostweed, she may have some seeds. I could always grab some my next trip to the nursery. They seem to sprout really fast.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

The root cutting should work great - I would love a Staghorn sumac... tobydmv you need to find something on that list you are interested in!

DFW Metroplex, TX(Zone 8a)

I see that there is a possibility of a date change for this event. I sure would like that. I will be in Michigan the 5th through the 10th of October. If ther is a change, I might could come and contribute.

There are some other events in Texas that can be found at http://www.dirtdoctor.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=620d86ce4da948090f6a9ac4c2949b98

Cheers,

Nadine

Lake Dallas, TX

Patrob, I notched a mexican buckeye seed and put it in a seed cup with some water. With a little luck it will sprout and be ready by October. Mealy cup or the liatris would be great.

MichF, i'll take any Lantanas, do you have the trailing variety? I need a ground cover, something like Dwarf Germander or that trailing lantana. I had a nice crop of alisseum that was over run with bermuda grass. Its headed for the compost bin very soon.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, tobydmv, and you are certainly welcome to mealy cup sage and liatris regardless.

Dallas, TX

Date change? what kind of date change?

Sylvia I don't know of any date change, the date is the same ;
Sunday October 8th at noon, Veterans Park in Arlington.
Josephine.

Dallas, TX

Whew! I was reading what Organic1 was saying up there.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

On the humerus side. Three of my ten crape myrtles are in full bloom and I really thought that was great Until???
I got my water bill. Went looking and I had a water line leak there. LOL
I know I am getting old after I finished digging that big hole to repair the leak.

Next day my son said he saw a six foot snake in my pond. Looked and it was only a black snake. No wonder I have not heard and frogs singing lately.

Good excuse to start fall cleaning of the bog garden. Anyone want some Pickerel Weed, Umbrella Palm, Penny Wart

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

TARogers, I'd love some pickerel weed!

Okay, do we have a new thread yet? Now that it's cooled off, I'm putting together a final list.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2006 2:17 PM

Here is the link to the new thread; http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/647901/
Josephine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.