Attention: Oct. Dallas Plant Swap Info

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It has been requested that the Saturday Oct 7 plant swap in Dallas/Fort Worth area be moved to Sunday Oct 8. That Monday, October 9th is Columbus Day and many people do not have to work that day. Mitch will be entering graduate school and has classes on Saturday. He and Josephine are sponsoring this swap. Also folks, like me, who have to drive a distance would not have to take off work that Friday if it were moved to Sunday.

Josephine and Mitch have asked me to propose a vote and tally the results--hopefully, I can still count. I know I can count better than I can spell. ;)
Debbie

reserved for the tally:

as of 7/14 am:
yes (move it to Sunday)-16
no (don't change date)-0

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 9:29 AM

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 12:30 PM

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 1:57 PM

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 4:47 PM

This message was edited Jul 15, 2006 8:13 AM

This message was edited Jul 16, 2006 10:31 AM

This message was edited Jul 17, 2006 8:55 AM

Well--I vote to move to Sunday.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Fine with me. (You should put a link to this on the other thread because I just happened to come to the forum)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Either date is fine for me, but I can see where those having to travel might benefit. I guess what I am saying is a Sunday date would not keep me from attending.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I vote for Sunday October the 8th. It would be a shame to leave Mitch out.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Just curious, are we talking about Sunday afternoon or morning?

Sunday is fine with me.

Longview, TX(Zone 8a)

Sure, no problem

It would normally be morning, since we are doing lunch, but maybe we should take a poll on the time too, maybe around noon would be good for most people.
Josephine.

Nevada, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday would be fine, I can do either day.

Morning would be good, then lunch; leaves enough time for people to travel home.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Sunday- Noon

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

With several of our members going to sundey services it might be better if we are thinking about Sunday to make it 12.

Arlington, TX

Sunday any time works for me
cynthia

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday any time is good for us as well.
Patricia

Dallas, TX

THAT WOULD BE AN EXCELLANT DATE!
ARE WE GOING TO DO IT IN THE EVENING? I COULD BRING WINE COOLERS AND MOJITOS! ;)

[email protected]

I don't think the evening is what we had in mind Sylvia, but if some people want to get together after we are through with the plants, that would be just fine.
Josephine.

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday around noon is fine with me.

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

If we are going to do it Sunday, let's shoot for noon. We (Danielle and I) can do early service (Church) for that day and then buzz down from Frisco to make a noon start of it.

McKinney, TX(Zone 7b)

Sunday noon is much better for me (I couldn't go when it was on Saturday).

All right!!! it looks like Sunday was a better idea. Great!!!!

Yes Josephine; Sunday looks good. I just wish we could rustle up this much enthusiasm for the Nov College Station RU. =)

Well, it is still a little early, but I am working on my plants for that one too.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

For the November Roundup... I think it's because it's so far out Debbie. I really want to come but will make a commitment as it gets a bit closer.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday is okay for me too, but I don't usually get out of church till 12:15. Hmmm... 45 minutes to Arlington... okay, can't make it till about 1.

Houston, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday any time is fine with me. I'm a total "newbie" so I don't have anything to trade and don't have a clue what I should want. And I haven't gotten in the habit of checking here as often as I clearly should.

~L

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

As long as I can leave by 5ish I can get home to sleep before work monday .

Come one come all!!! we will be very happy to have you here.
Josephine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.