Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

Writing Spider, Scribbler, Black and Yellow Argiope, Charlotte's Web Spider (

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Thumbnail by ceejaytown
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

WoW!! What a great picture,one can clearly see all the support webbing!!

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

I found an egg sac on a fence near where the Scribbler spider had made a web. She was at one end of our fence and then moved to the other side nearer to a light source and most likely the bugs it attracted.
I found the egg sac half way between the move. It reminded me of the seed pod of Nigella flowers and I was wondering at first if that was what it was and puzzled how it had become stuck to a fence with no Nigella plants near it. Upon closer inspection I realized it was some sort of egg sac from an insect or maybe a crysalis. Now I see it was from the spider. This bugfiles is interesting, but I have been itching the whole time I have been browsing it. LOL

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

A truly awesome capture, ceejaytown .. and a wonderful addition to the database!

You've jes gotta be plum proud of ya'seff!!
(jes luvinly teasin' ya, cj!)

Windy ..
Bless ya heart! I do the same thing, after I crawl into bed at night. I spend the bigger part of my days lurking about and lookin' under and in stuff, in seach of bugs. By the time, bed-time comes around - I'm still seeing 'bugs' ... (hee)

- Magpye

Jackson, MS

Hello, everyone I'm Tonia(TCowart) I'm new at this and would like to get to know all better in the future.

I have one outside my kitchen window. She's beautiful and I've noticed she's made her sack.
Particularly I wanted to know how long does it take for the babies to hatch.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

I understand that the babies overwinter in that egg sac.

She's one of my favorites!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.