Writing Spider, Scribbler, Black and Yellow Argiope, Charlotte's Web Spider (

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Thumbnail by ceejaytown
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

WoW!! What a great picture,one can clearly see all the support webbing!!

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

I found an egg sac on a fence near where the Scribbler spider had made a web. She was at one end of our fence and then moved to the other side nearer to a light source and most likely the bugs it attracted.
I found the egg sac half way between the move. It reminded me of the seed pod of Nigella flowers and I was wondering at first if that was what it was and puzzled how it had become stuck to a fence with no Nigella plants near it. Upon closer inspection I realized it was some sort of egg sac from an insect or maybe a crysalis. Now I see it was from the spider. This bugfiles is interesting, but I have been itching the whole time I have been browsing it. LOL

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

A truly awesome capture, ceejaytown .. and a wonderful addition to the database!

You've jes gotta be plum proud of ya'seff!!
(jes luvinly teasin' ya, cj!)

Windy ..
Bless ya heart! I do the same thing, after I crawl into bed at night. I spend the bigger part of my days lurking about and lookin' under and in stuff, in seach of bugs. By the time, bed-time comes around - I'm still seeing 'bugs' ... (hee)

- Magpye

Jackson, MS

Hello, everyone I'm Tonia(TCowart) I'm new at this and would like to get to know all better in the future.

I have one outside my kitchen window. She's beautiful and I've noticed she's made her sack.
Particularly I wanted to know how long does it take for the babies to hatch.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

I understand that the babies overwinter in that egg sac.

She's one of my favorites!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.