A few blooms

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I do have a few blooms in my garden....my sister isn't growing them all for me. ;o)

Thought I'd start off with Blackberry Ripples.

Thumbnail by mgh

Crazy Legs

Thumbnail by mgh

Chilson's Pride

Thumbnail by mgh

Foxy Lady

Thumbnail by mgh

Raz Ma Taz

Thumbnail by mgh

Sweet Dreams

Thumbnail by mgh
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Looking good, Mendy.
Am glad you still have a few dahlias, lol
Carol

Delhi, IA

Raz Ma Taz_____ a beauty mgh. You've got some nice ones. Keep the show coming.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Very nice dahlias Mendy! I think I better come down and get a trailerful of that mint mulch you and Carol use. Your colors on Foxy Lady are fabulous! Mine again is a dull yellow and blah red. What's your secret?

Crazy Legs has buds on it here, can't wait for it to open!

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Just beautiful. I'm hooked. I'm going to have to expand another bed for spring planting.

Thanks guys. :o)

Annie, my DH told me the other day that they are now selling the mint mulch again. Come on down and I'll take you to the field I got mine from. :o) I have no secrets. The only thing I've done to them is use the mint mulch, Messenger and Mighty Plant. This is my first year with the Messenger and Mighty Plant.....I really love them! I will always use those 2 products now. Anyone else using them?

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Foxy Lady is a beauty , might have to look into that one. Raz Ma Taz sure is nice too. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Hey, Mendy, I was wondering if the mint compost was out and about again. So will have to get a truck load with my neighbor again. Not bad price for 25 yards at $180.
Hum, more shoveling! Still haven't moved the rest of my dirt pile either.
Oh well, hopefully this fall will be cool enough for me to do that...........
Haven't used either M or MP. So don't know if they really help me. My plants seem to do well enough without them tho. My yard is overgrown enough as it is, LOL

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Carol, I've had a dirt pile under a tarp for about 3 years now LOL- it's in a place where we don't need the space, but still- a blue tarp is not a sight for sore eyes. I'll be working on a place to put that dirt some day.....

Love that Raz Ma Taz!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Annie, my 2 dirt piles are still in my front yard!!!
I need to get that dirt in its place along with other compost, and the mint compost too. To make the raised beds for more dahlias next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it needs to cool down to haul it around and I still need to figure out the pattern of the front yard. Wished you all could come and help me with the design. That is where I am totally lost...................

Yeah, Carol, I thought it was a great deal for the mint last year when I bought some. I told DH I wanted another load of it. Think I better not let it sit in the driveway for another 9 months though. LOL It will give my neighbors something to talk about too, since they have nothing better to do.

I would love to come help you design your garden, Carol. I have been dreaming of a bigger property and what I would do with it......dangerous thing that is to do! LOL

I've been away for a few days......I'll try to get more pics later today if anything new is blooming.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Fine, come on over then! I really need to get that design done now.
Just dump that mint compost in the spot your hubby parks his truck and he will have to help you move the compost to get his parking space back then, LOL

Chicago, IL

Yummy looking dahlias, mgh.
Will you enlighten me on this mint mulch or should I search older threads?

Crazy Legs? What an interesting name.

Thank you, Pitimpinai. The mint mulch is sold by the mint farmers around here. They take what is left from the mint crop and chop it up and let it sit for awhile. Then they sell it by the side of the road. I got a huge truck load of it last year for $20. It's wonderful stuff....smells great when you first put it down too.

Crazy Legs lives up to it's name too. I couldn't believe the huge clump of tubers I got from just one tuber last year.

Here's a pic of my mulch last year. The pile was as tall as my van and just as wide too.

Thumbnail by mgh

Ok, a few more blooms today.

This is a solid one on Blackberry Ripples. The color didn't come out right in the photo though.

Thumbnail by mgh

Cebu

Thumbnail by mgh

Fire Magic

Thumbnail by mgh

A fasciated bloom on Foxy Lady today......actually there were three of them that were like this.

Thumbnail by mgh

Mary Munns

Thumbnail by mgh

Patty Cake

Thumbnail by mgh

Last one for today is a very sad looking RaeAnn's Fun. A few of mine just aren't getting very tall this year. I know I put them in late, but they got much taller than this last year and I put them in late then too. RaeAnn's Fun is supposed to be a 4' plant. This one is barely even 2'.

Thumbnail by mgh

Here's A La Mode, but the color is way off. Think I need to get it at a different time of day. I do love this one though!! Thank you, Annie!!

Thumbnail by mgh

Gold Ball..and friend. :o)

Thumbnail by mgh

Gonzo Grape....color is off again.

Thumbnail by mgh

Cebu.......

Thumbnail by mgh
Chicago, IL

Pretty. Gonzo Grape is beautiful.
Thanks for posting.

The mint mulch sounds yummy. Too bad we have no access to it.

Pink Gingham

Thumbnail by mgh

Thank you, Pitimpinai. :o)

Another Blackberry Ripple looking pretty funky. I don't remember having any look like this last year. I kinda like them. ;o)

This message was edited Sep 1, 2006 10:52 PM

Thumbnail by mgh
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Nice Ala Mode Mendy! And who is the little coral colored roundie I see to the right of it?

Gold Ball is yummy.

I have a BB Ripple that is 1/4 dark purple instead of 1/2, with the rest speckled. Perhaps they're having a fractions fit in mid season here.

The one to the right of it is Raz-Ma-Taz......love that one too! I love them all! LOL

I think you're right about BB Ripple. ;o)

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Raz ma Taz! Mine don't get round at all- unless I'm cutting them too early. Just sort of a sand dollar shape, rounded on top. I've got a couple brewing down there now, I'll let them grow longer and see how they shape up. I love the colors on that ( and 5000 others, of course)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I guess I've been ignoring you. I like Gold Ball and Foxey Lady out of yours the best so far. I have Pink Gingham now and it is great.
BTW - I grew up a mile from a mint farm and would go by it every day - those were the days ;)

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

mgh, I like so many of yours. Trade??

Hi Al. Yep, you picked two of my favorites out of mine too. Of course I like them all though. LOL I love to drive by the mint farms here, especially when it's just about harvest time and then during harvest time.......it smells so good! Driving by the compost piles is a bit over powering though.

Granny, I will definitely send you some of mine, but probably for postage only. I really have no room to grow anymore varieties than I already have. This year I really had to scale down which ones I could grow here....the rest went to my sister and the secretary at my kids' school. I'll put you on my trade list, but you might want to nudge me this fall. ;o)

My poor dahlias have really been suffering lately. I'm a bad dahlia mommy. LOL I have been so busy with other things that I haven't watered any of my plants for about a week and a half. Well, today I finally got out and deadheaded and took some pics.

Here's a very sad looking Rip City. This one got grown over a bit by Mary Munns and Nijinsky, so it's having to try extra hard.

Thumbnail by mgh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images