Parade mini Roses

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I did a half-hearted search on Dave's and found nothing on this brand of roses. My sweetest hubby found two at the grocery store and bought them for me (one red, one yellow). They just said Parade brand, no name. Something in the tag said Canada, so I guess that's where they are coming from.

They are both repotted and outside. The red one didn't skip a beat, but the yellow one had instant leaf loss. However, new ones are appearing. So far they are withstanding our brutal August.

Anyone familiar with these? The blooms on the red are small, typical mini. The blooms on the yellow are the size of a 50 cent coin. Ah yes, they both had 10-12 blooms when he brought them home.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

well, I found this by doing a regular google.

as "florist" type roses, I'm now doubting these will last long. Oh, well, we shall see..
http://www.poulsenroser.dk/VisStandardSide.asp?isideid=1390&menu=735&iProduktgruppe=8

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

nery, i think that might be like the Patiohit roses i got at the grocery store. zuzu nailed them as being Poulsen Roses. mine are from Canada too. i seem to recall the name Parade on their website too. Aldershot Greenhouses is the distributor in this area, maybe your area too.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

cross-posted!

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

Debi, are your indoors or out? how are they doing?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

outside. one in the ground all summer and doing fabulous, never "bloomless". the other two are potted and since i bought them in the heat of july/august, they are staying in a semi-shaded spot for a little while longer. when the new beds are done this fall they will go in the ground.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

isn't this pitiful? THe yellow didn't last long at all but it has a couple of new healthy branches so I'm not discarding just yet.

The red one is doing fine.

Thumbnail by vossner
Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

off topic but, doesn't he look guilty as heck? I think he's been digging and I just haven't found the damage, lol

Thumbnail by vossner
Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

oh, this is the one where he REALLY looks guilty

Thumbnail by vossner
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Busted! That's a priceless expression on his face. What a gorgeous hibiscus. Can we see more of it?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

oh that poor little rose. i wonder what happened to it; maybe just the jolt of being in the real world.

oh and he does look guilty, of what we may never know! LOL

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Ive had a grocery store rose that I planted have no idea of the name but its 5 years old and its my best mini bloomer.....

steph

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

oh zuzu, went out to take a pic just for you but all blooms were spent. I will it at the first opp. This hib. Orange Key, a double orange, tough as nails and prolific bloomer. I have rooted a couple of cuttings and will be planting in my orange/melon yadda yadda bed.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

When my daughters got married I used some little miniature roses on the tables/decorations and they came from a nursery in Canada called Burnaby Lake and Roselaine here recognized the nursery. I noticed that there were four cuttings in each little 4 inch pot. I split them up and repotted them. I have 4 oranges that are doing great. They bloom and bloom. I bought the girls each the same kind of rose for Easter and I still have them going outside.
I do see a little more diseases in them than the reg.minis.

What an adorable little puppy/dog? What kind? It has the nose of a dachshund.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

Lenjo, mixed breed but mini doxie features are dominant. The only exception being his legs, they seem a little too long for a winnie dog. I got him at a doxie rescue place.

I love this little dog and he is the boss of me. Puddy is between 1 and 1 1/2 yr old. The Mgr of the rescue place from where I got him told me that the local pound begged her to take him, even though she had absolutely no room for another dog. He was getting really close to being euthanized and I guess the pound thought he was too cute for such a tragic fate.

I look at my little mutt daily and wonder who in the world needed to get rid of such an adorable creature. oh well, it was definitely my gain. He is in perfect health, has a kind and playful disposition, although he can get on a rampage and bark endlessly. I go to investigate to make sure there are no intruders or danger, only to find him looking up at the ski, barking for absolutely no reason! kinda like he's "practicing" barking so he doesn't forget how, lol.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

you're a good and kind person, nery.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I can really understand your attachment to your little dog; my daughter's little pug has just wiggled a special in my heart. And we have had dogs here on the farm for over 30 years but there is something about that little pug; she is totally black too. I hope she eventually has a litter of pups because my DH and I would take one.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, he is soooo precious!

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

zuzu, I asked my hibbie to pose real pretty so I could take a pic for you. She complied

Thumbnail by vossner
Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

a closeup of one of the blooms on Orange Key. A prolific bloomer and not fuzzy

Thumbnail by vossner
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

that's a real beauty! next time mine blooms, i will post here for comparison. i have one almost identical, but don't know the name. i took cuttings from a neighbors' bush.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous orange!!!!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow! That was worth the wait. What a beauty that is, Nery.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.