we all get hot and sweaty in the garden, so.....

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

what's your favorite brand of deodorant? i have tried so many over the years and i've finally got one that i like: degree ultra clear pure silver. i love it. it lasts the entire day (or two, lol) and doesn't leave white marks on my clothes.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I've found that I'm allergic to everything but Secret. Works like a charm without giving me a rash.

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

When I was in my early 20's I was always getting a rash under my arms, no matter what deo. I tried. So one day I thought back on what my grandmother had used for years. She had used baking soda - Arm and Hammer mostly. Had a powder puff and each morning she poured some on the powder puff and puff away under her arms. I figured if it was good enough for her, it was good enough for me. It works like a charm. You can have sweat running down you and you will be dry and odor free under your arms. The first thing my husband ever bought me was a ceramic container about 8 inches around with a lid that looks like a daisy and a big powder puff. After 28 yrs., I still have it and stiff use baking soda. Cheap and very effective. Try it. You might like the results. Liz

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the tip, Liz. I'll give it a try the next time I run out. There's always plenty of baking soda in the house.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

ahhh, the endless uses for baking soda! thanks!

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I use mitchum for women. I perspire like a dude (it is embarrasing) so any other brand seems to wash away w/ sweat. I use baking soda as body powder, doesn't completely eliminate moisture but works longer than anything else I've used.

Track, I will uproot my tea tree today and send u a pic in answer to your question about a pot. I think it will need to be 15 gal at the very minimum.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

"perspire like a dude"....omg, you are too funny, nery. if we get on the bus, i'm glad there will be a crate of chickens between us! ROFLMAO

what does a 15 gallon pot translate to in terms of inches across? anybody know? i have a 16"'s wide across pot and tall. i think that should do it. i never could figure out all of the pot sizes. when i order a gallon plant, i expect a milk jug affair. it never ends up being that big.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I can and do use whatever is on sale.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Secret solid. Only thing that works for me.

Donna

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I know several women who say that re: Secret.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I use for years most is "Lady Choice" scent is Baby Powder and just start to try new to me is Secret Skin Renewal nice smell scent is Velvet Powder both are anti-perspirant deodrant. I don't have problem with underarm smell just light....LOL good thing.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2006 5:16 PM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I once had a friend, (since died)who was very particular about her hygiene. Bathed daily and sometimes 2-3x daily but she had b.o. problem if it was more then an hour or two out of shower. She was very conscious of this and changed tops several times a day. I know she talked to a dr. about this but never any solution for her. I think I have since read there is something, maybe RX.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think that even though i like what i'm using, i'm going to try the baking soda. i guess i need a powder puff now.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

If it's that bad, they now use botox for under the arms. OWIE!

I use Degree for women.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I use Soft & Dry. I like the Shower Fresh scent.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Mitchum for women.. or the unscented men's if I can't find the womens. I used to use secret and liked it also however the Mitchum is good enough that you only need to use it every other day..I use it daily but it does make me feel secure

Madison, WI

I used to love degree ultra clear. Tuff stuff!

After dealing with cancer in the family twice, I stay away from products containing aluminum salts.
The link between them and breast cancer and Alzheimer's is not proved but some correlation was found.
So I go with Cristal Body Deodorant. It works for me both ways: gives me peace of mind and works
great as an odor protector.

One observation I made over the last two years that dietary changes do effect b.o. We had to cut down
on meats and starches and add heavily on raw veggies and probiotic foods. After a year my body changed
in many ways including reduced b.o. in general.

This message was edited Dec 6, 2006 11:39 AM

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I went through dozens of brands, but they all caused the rash/hives or whatever it was. I used the crystal for awhile, but the irritation returned. I am now using cornstarch at night, & Weleda spray deoderant for daytime. The cornstarch is an old trick, but it has worked for about two weeks now. Relief!
Julie

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

julie, just don't get caught in the rain. you'll be gravy! lol

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Oh, that's funny!
I hadn't thought of it that way :)

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think with the holidays and cold weather, i've got gravy on the brain! lol

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

The Weleda has three scents - Citrus (haven't tried that one yet), Rose (A little strong at first) and Sage, which is nice. The scents disappear after awhile, & the ingredients are all natural. The fewer the chemicals, the better!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

what else does weleda make? that name sounds so familiar but i can't place it.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

They make lots of natural personal care items, such as baby lotions & soaps, hair, skin, dental, & homeopathics like oils & extracts. They even have a product on their website that is used to treat cancer. They have been around for a long time. I don't know why that makes me think of them as trustworthy, but it does!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

something for hair rings a bell. i will check out their site and see if something clicks for me.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I've never really trusted anything but Avon 24 hour On Duty. I can't honestly tell you what is in it but it is an antiperspirant and deodorant. My Grandma always used it and gave it to my mother which meant I ended up with it. Doing lots of restaurant work then working in salons and working retail, going to the gym, out dancing , it seemed like my armpit was always in someone's face. That's worrisome when you are are working hard. I started to buy the Avon brand for myself.

I ran out the other day and haven't tracked down the Avon lady at my new house yet. LOL I've been using hubby's. I think it's Code Red, in Old Spice scent. How's that for a choice?!?!?! I've long been a sucker for the scent of Old Spice. It catches me off guard smelling it on me but my pits don't stink. LOL

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL>> That is what the DH uses.. Code Red.. whew it's strong!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Yeah, but you know how I work! LOL

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I actually bought an Old Spice deoderant for myself a couple of years ago, but it really made me rashy. Just one of those scents that has memories attached, you know?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i still love the smell of Old Spice after all these years. badseed, you can go to avon.com and sometimes they are running specials, like 2 for 1 or free shipping.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Definitely memories attached to Old Spice! :)

Track, Somewhere down the road, there is a house with an Avon sign out in the yard and we've looked the last two times we went to town. We can't find the darn sign now. LOL I will check online. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.