Just a thought.....

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

This is a great forum but not very active. Just thought I would run an idea past you.....

When I'm looking for a new type of product I usually end up trying 4 or 5 different brands before I find something I like. What do you think of starting some "My Favorite (whatever)" threads here. I'd love to hear what works for other people and hopefully that will save me some time, money and experimenting with several brands before I find a good one. Topics could include nail polish, eyeliner, shampoo, moisturizers, etc. Anybody interested?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Great idea. My favorite lipstick is the Cover Girl all day one. I don't remember the name but the tube resembles a mascara tube and it is not a regular tube. It is more like a paint and it stays on for hours! I know I have other fav's but can't think right now.

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

I hate to tell my age, but here goes.......54. I have worn the Cover Girl foundation base since I was 14 yrs. old. It has always been just sheer enough to look natural and provides just enough coverage to cover well. I've never had any complexion problems of any kind. When younger and having oily skin, they had a formula for that, now with more mature and dryer skin, they have one for that. I've tried lots of others, but have always come back to it. Not to boast, but my skin looks way younger than it is, people are surprised that I'm 54 (if they know). Don't know if the Cover Girl has anything to do with it, but it surely didn't hurt. So, I guess I'd say it's my favorite, tried and true.....40 yrs. worth. lol.

P.S. In the 40 yrs I've used it, the quality has always been consistent, which ever skin type formula I've used. And it's very affordable. My sister-in-law has spent loads of cash at the upscale department store beauty counters..........we're same age, and she looks way older than I do. So I guess price is not everything.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I use Cover Girl Base too. It happened by accident! I've almost always been a Revlon girl. I love the Colorstay products. When I was either extremely pregnant or just had a baby and I had hubby pick some up for me. I told him anything but Revlon as I felt it was too thick and gunky. I don't like to look made up but I like enough makeup to improve my complexion in winter. It's been a few years since hubby picked me up the Cover Girl and I have used it since. I don't wear much makeup in the summer.

I ALWAYS wear mascara and lipstick. My hair turns white in the summer and I feel like I have little pig eyes when my eyebrows and eyelashes disappear. LOL I've never felt like my lips were full enough so I always wear lipstick-even to mow the grass or run to the hardware store! Maybe it just makes me feel girlie, even when I am covered in mud. LOL

Tucson, AZ

Bare Minerals is probably the best makeup I have ever tried. Sounds like a good idea
Gold.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

If your hair is curly or you have a perm, Catwalk 'curls rock' leave in conditiner is great! It is in a round bottle with a pump and the product is blue. I get color, highlights AND perms and my hair is soft and healthy since I have been using it. It used to be a lot more damaged looking on the ends, and after anythng was done to it, it would be a bit crisp on the ends...LOL Not anymore! And it is more than a conditiner, it is a styling product also and provides the perfect amout of body for me. Catwalk also has a 'curls rock' spray (not a hairspray) that I have recently started using in addition to the other one. It enhances curls also. I don't use much hairspray but with my favorite one...less is more. It is 'Proforma' by matrix. This may sound contradictory, but it has a very strong hold that is also very movable and not sticky. It adds volume and also makes hair do what you want it to. That is how I discovered to product in the first place. Several years ago I got a perm that appently wasn't done correctly and my hair spriged out in several places and especially my bangs. It was like it was flipping out on the ends. Nothing I used helped and I even tried cutting the flipping ends off, but they still flipped. A beautician recommended Proforma and it worked magic! I always get tons of compliments on my hair.

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

Can you get the Proforma at a drugstore, or is it available only in salons? I don't use many hair products, so I'm unfamiliar with all the brands.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Yardqueen, funny you should mention Catwalk products. I have straight hair that really gets tangled up when I wash it. I recently starting using Catwalk Fast-Fixx. It's a light weight leave-in detangler/conditioner and I really like it. Helps with the frizzies in humid weather too!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

bivbiv, Only at salons..

Gold, Catwalk is good!

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks.

Thornton, IL

Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Very Black has been in my makeup bag for, well, a long time, LOL. I wear contacts, so I can't wear those lash lengthening mascaras, beside my lashes are already long, just blonde. This tried and true product really works. I also use Mary Kay lipgloss in Almond Glaze, it's very light and natural looking. Just enough color and shine for a little boost. Those are my two must haves too.

I need to wear under eye concealer also, since I have very dark under-eye circles. And lots of times I'll use a little kohl eyeliner for definition.

Badseed, what are you doing here?! Glad you're still around.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Prairie, I used to use Great Lash too, but haven't been able to find it around here lately. I've been using Mabelline Volume Express Turbo Boost and really like that now. I do find it to be one of the few lengthening mascaras that actually "stays put".

I also like the Mary Kay lip gloss and lipsticks. They seem to last much longer than any other brand I've tried. I don't care what the advertisements say, there is no such thing as an 8-hour lipstick/gloss!

I use Mary Kay eyeliner too. I've found that if I use a little eye shadow base under the liner it stays looking better for longer.

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a new favorite foundation, and you really don't even need powder with it if you don't want to use it: Maybelline Matte Mousse. You apply it with a dry sponge, and it looks like you're not even wearing makeup if you get the right shade. I'm 66, and I still get compliments on my complexion. I quit using expensive products because I don't think they're worth the difference in price, especially if you find something like this Maybelline Mousse.

Thornton, IL

I'll look for that bivbiv, I have never worn base but I know it is the secret to even skin tone, esp. in pictures. My sister just announced her engagement, and asked me to be her maid of honor!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.