It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Post your best Datura pics here!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I love to see everone different types of datura. Please share.
Teresa

Pueblo West, CO

This is my fav. pic of one of my Datura's.

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Does this one have a name? Very pretty.

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunny,
Very pretty. Here are my best shots. It's a double/triple purple datura and a very subtle yellow datura. I moved the purple one into a pot in the garage, it's not doing to bad. The seeds pods are all becoming ripe. Be interesting to see if it makes it through the winter.

Crystal

Thumbnail by crystalnurse
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Crystal, how large to yours grow when they are in a pot? I have always had mine in the garden soil. If you have any extra yellow seeds, I would love to trade for them!

Teresa in KY

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Teresa,
I had mine in the ground, also, until it turned cold weather. It was covered with seeds pods and I didn't want to loose them. So, I potted it up and put it in the garage. Almost all of the pods have ripened. The plant is in a 5 gallon pot, pretty well stuffed in there. That long tap root was a bear trying to get it down in there, it's very stiff. It will be interesting to see if it makes it through the winter.

Crystal

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Black Currant Swirl F2 generation.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

X - gorgeous!!!!

Racine, WI

Simple Datura Inoxia...one of my favorite's though.

Thumbnail by tbonewap
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks .. I've sent the plants to florida in hopes that I can get seeds from the flowers .. I just love the tendrils. I would have kept them here but just didn't have room in the greenhouse.

X

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is one.

Sheral

Thumbnail by lily13
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is another.

Sheral

Thumbnail by lily13
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lily you have inspired me to go yellow this year. Last year I had the Black Currant Swirl out front and the year before that Ballarina White. This next year I'm going yellow.

Beautiful pictures and plants!

X

Phoenix, AZ

My FAVE

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Great shot!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Here's a Single White Datura bloom used as a 'cut flower'.

Thumbnail by Txwillie
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

well, I only have one datura this year, which was enough to get me hooked... so I have seeds for next year... and in different colors... I have put seeds everywhere in my garden in hopes that it will come back next year... I didn't know I could have digg up the roots and bring inside... oh well, I hope it comes back... or I will cry!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Peachtree City, GA

Kassia, don't cry, just make sure you have lots of mulch (leaves will do) over the top of it! It will come back.

I started growing this plant last year, it got so big this year that my hubby couldn't reach the top. This is my orange one, this year I added a pink and a white.

Thumbnail by summerone
Phoenix, AZ

Summerone, looks like you have a Brugmansia...a very pretty one at that! Brugs hang down, Daturas point up :)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I always wondered how one knew brugs from daturas!, Thanks Fish_Knees

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images