ginger749 From Australia.

I have already been welcomed by a lot of You.
I`ll start with a Pic from my Garden.
This is a flowering Lilly Pillie.
Sorry to hear about the storm you are having at the mo.
Hope you all make it through it safely,
That includes your Gardens and Plants.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Booneville, MS

Wow, that a beautiful bloom!
Please post more pictures of your garden...your flowers will be so different from ours.

It's fine where I am ...we're just getting rain , some gusty winds and about a 30 -40 degree drop in temperature. But some are getting heavy snow and ice so maybe they'll post to let us know how it is. (If they can, some places have power outages).

Terrye

Thank you, tryliv
Here is another.
This is a Blue Eye. We use them for borders.
The flower is about 3/4 inch wide.

Thumbnail by ginger749

This was a small Holly that just came up by itself.
Itís about 8 inches tall.
I have turned it into my latest bonsai.
The parent tree is about 6 ft tall.
And grows up the back near the dam.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Morning Ginger from Australia, Glad to meet you Ma'am and your photos are gorgeous! The colors are so brilliant. Am I correct in thinking it is your summer right now. Jealous here as I love the warm. Your photos will warm our gardening souls and make the rest of our winter go by quickly, keep them coming... Thanks, pod

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Welcome Ginger. Beautiful pictures, The Lily is so pretty. I am with Pod, I LOVE the warm weather.

Betty

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Welcome! Glad you posted the lovely pictures, Ginger, it is beginning to look a little drab around here.

Kim

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

What beauties ,Ginger ! Keep them coming. We are into the beginning of our cold weather now and have almost nothing to enjoy (unless you have a greenhouse or houseplants and I have neither).

We are just so glad you have joined us !

Libby

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Welcome Ginger

I'm like the rest. Hate the cold!!! I guess I'll be hibernating for a month or 2. Sure will enjoy your garden while mine looks so sad. Please keep the pictures coming.

Jeri

Southern, LA(Zone 8b)

Ginger, What type of camera do you have? Your pics are beautiful! I wish I was crafty like you. At 31 yrs old, I'm just now getting my green thumb. ; )

Your pics are a sight for sore eyes. Most of my plants are ofcourse dying. So your pics really pick our spirits up! : ( Its getting very cold here, and the humidity of southern Louisiana makes it even feel colder.

Thanks for joining us here at MSG. Everyone here is like family. I love all of my new friends and I'm sure you will to.

Mary

Southern, LA(Zone 8b)

Jeri your garden could never look bad. Even with all of this cold bbrrrrrr weather, its still beautiful!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for saying that Mary, but I won't be posting pictures of it in it's melt down stage.

Well thank you all,
podster , picabo , duckmother , corgimom , jeri11 & louisianamom.
Lots of questions. Yes its mid summer here. Camera is a Nikon COOLPIX995.
Try Googling it, Really is a cool camera. Zoom is not so great. But adequate.
We live on 10 acres. But only use about 3 of those. The rest is for horses. cows,
and wild kangaroos. We do get a few dingoes. but lots and lots of wild birds.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I am waiting for the reptile rescue pictures, even though your garden photos are beautiful.
Do you know what your zone is ? Just curious what your climate is like there.

We don`t do zones here.
We just settle for HOT, HOT or maybe HOT.
We dont mind, we like it hot. Not trying to rub it in.
Just trying to share a little warmth with you.
Can`t pipe it over, so I`ll post it over.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Ginger

Our Carol raised GS also. She feeds hers raw meat. Do you? The only rescue I do is sad plants at HD or Lowes.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Welcome Ginger749. Australia is my favorite country due to the herpitological variety you have there. You also have some of the greatest plants. This is one of my favorites!!! Due you have to deal with any frost at all? What is your year round temps like?

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5

Quoting:
jeri11
The only rescue I do is sad plants at HD or Lowes.

Do they give the plants to you?
I buy raw chicken frames.
He gets them every other day.
Otherwise Pal or Breeda.

marieortiz
Stuarts Desert Pea!.
Do you grow it There?
We get 1 or 3 frosty mornings a year here.
We dont have central heating. or Air cons.
Its just always nice here.
PALMS love it here.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow only a couple of frosts. I would love that. Yes I grow Stuart's desert pea. Although from what I am told it is very hard to grow.. Might just have been beginners luck. Two of my large one have died. I have one still growing strong though. I think one of them died due to the gophers that inhabit my yard.
We have a really nice gentleman named Paul who has an Australian native plants nursery. I have a few australian natives growing in my yard and will have more come Feb. when I can plant again.
What kinds of reptiles due you come across on your 10 acres? I have always said if there was only one country I could choose to visit it would be yours!!!

marieortiz
We get everything except Wombats & Emu.
As Steve Erwin would have said, Crikey M8 we`ve got the lot.
Found my first trapdoor spider a couple of weeks ago.
There is one nasty piece. Thats great bout the SD pea.
Only ever seen them in the wild.

The wattle grows wild along the road side here.
ppl from other countries go wild over it.
To us its a common thing and we don`t plant it in our garden.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Ginger, I haven't welcomed you to the MSG forum yet, but I've been enjoying your posts, your photos and your art for a couple of days now. So Welcome! I'm glad you found us. Of course all the cool gals are here! Hope to get to your part of the world in the next few years.
Elaine

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

No Wattle yet in my yard. I have about 5-6 different plants and 2 Australian trees. Could not tell you the name of anything except my Eucalyptus torquata. Which survived an attack from my horse but may not have survived the freeze!! I am waiting to see how it is in the spring. I know I have 2 kinds of emu bush but not sure which ones. Please share some more pictures with us. I love that first one the Lilly Pillie. do you happen to know the botanical name?

Hi , and Thank you.
From what I hear.
you are not, 'OutsidePlaying' lol

I`ll look it up soon.
Ripped of a branch and hung it on the clothes line in front of a Tshirt.
This is the result.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Ginger, no I'm not. For one it's too darn cold and windy today, but I am still working full time. Outside Playing is where I usually want to be. I call it 'playing' because to me anything I can do outside is fun.

Cool ,I mean Neat O.

More Pics later.
Its 4.46 am here now and its time to go and water.
Later in the day its to hot and water evaporates to quickly.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Great picture Ginger!! I look forward to more pictures.

Please vote for my Blood lily.
In Photo comp. *Perenials*.
My PIC is about 1/2 way down the page.
http://davesgarden.com/contest/2006/judging.php?catid=263

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I think I did. Figured that was yours.

Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Ginger,
It's nice to have a real "Southern" post here.
I worked in the fresh cut flower market for years and then dried flowers. We imported fresh
flowers from NZ and Australia and dried flowers from Australia. Lots of unusual pods, proteas, and eucalyptus. My favorite Louisiana Iris hybridizer is Heather Pryor from Iris Haven down in your neck of the woods. And I just love Australia's N gigantea waterlilies. It must be stunning to see a mass of them blooming in the wild. From what I understand they are native to your region. Are you out in the hinterlands or closer to the coast?
I would love to see more pictures.

Loretta

Thank you shadowgirl,
Yes, Hinterland.
Close to HINZE DAM.
There Will be lots more PICS .

This ones for corgimom,
Seing as how your elephant ears are carking it.
This is what yours will look like next spring / year.
Mine are a different variety .
Yours look like *Colocasia spp., Elephant's-ear*
Mine is *Black Stem Colocasia Fontanesii*.
I think thats right.

Thumbnail by ginger749

A PIC of Blood lily , 'The one entered in the comp.'
It has finished flowering and will now give me some nice seed .
I started of with 1 .
The year after there were 4.

Thumbnail by ginger749

This is a not so friendly palm.
I think its called a Japanese fan / cotton. palm.
Back later with scientific name.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Ginger... DH always likes to look at the map and see where people live when they post on here. He just looked at the map to see where you live and said that it will take you more than a day to drive here and part of the trip would be really wet. LOL He was just being cute.

Love your pictures.

Betty

Hi picabo
Yes thats right .
And The last part of the Drive
weeeeeerrrryyyy COLD by the sound of things.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.