1949 seeds

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

ill get some pictures this morning all i did to this one was stick it in some vermiculite and it was out side on my porch in the mini green housei thought it was a weed at first but its a mg it looks a bit odd to me

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hooray!!! Hurry get the pictures...

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

here it is in my mini greenhouse on the porch

Thumbnail by phicks
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

another pic

Thumbnail by phicks
Melbourne, FL

Congratulations on having the first seed to germinate! We will all be watching the story as this one grows. I am going to plant mine as you did (in vermiculite) and hope I get one also. Please keep us updated.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ron........I've just been lurking ove here in hopes to pick up some propagation tips. We just haven't been hanging out in the same forums.

(Zone 7a)

Beats walking on the moon for practicality, but same kind of high

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL Blue

Paul, simply amazing!!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

id say just lucky

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Maybe that too. :~)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

WOOHOO!!

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

KEWL!! Can't wait to see what it turns out to be!

Robertsdale, AL(Zone 8b)

Beth doesn't know yet, does she?!!

Paul. I'd say lucky is good!

Arlan

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i e mailed her

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

That doesn't really look like a MG. If it is, it should be well on it's way now. We'll know in a few weeks. I call first seeds on that if it's a MG. This is interesting, Dave's could be the first web site with it's own speciality plant.

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

The cotyledons look like an definite Ipomoea to me...although the taper of the lobes looks atypical for either Ipomoea purpurea or Ipomoea nil...closer to Ipomoea obscura,I.ochracea or Ipomoea lobata...

Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be...'jokers' are always a bit 'wild'...

TTY,...

Ron

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

I missed the beginning of the story. Beth, where did you obtain this packet?

Joseph

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Good work Paul!!!! Definitely looks like a baby MG to me! The 1949 unopened packet was advertised on ebay and I bought it (under $10).

Since you were born the same year as this seed, it's especially appropriate!

This message was edited Jan 8, 2007 8:31 AM

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

I saw those and thought about buying one, if anything for framing the packet. If I see them again, I just may go ahead and buy one to see what happens.

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Who was the seller?

I'd have to look back at the old ebay records to be sure...but I think it was paperseller or something like that? Not a seed seller, just something they came across in an estate liquidation.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

A new BABY! Way to go phicks. : )

Found it! The seller was "paperseeker"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220018823416

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Beth! I looked at similar items and saw a couple familiar ebay names bidding! LOL

No doubt!

I still have more of these 1949 seeds if anyone else wants to try. I am hoping Paul's baby will flourish and produce seeds, so we can name a new(old) strain "1949".

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Hi Beth, can I try some out, please?

Joseph

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Beth,
I'd like to try a couple if you have any left.

Sure, if you are not in the address file just LMK your mailing addresses.

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

I am in the address exchange, Beth. Thanks!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Gerris 2 a ham sandwich walks in to a bar room and says to the bar keep give me a drink the bar keep looks down at him and says soory we dont serve food here LOLLOL

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

the baby MG is still alive but does not seem to be doing any thing ill wait a day then take more pics Paul

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Too funny, Paul! LOL

So a Polar Bear walks into the tavern, not long after ham sandwich, and sits down at the bar. The bartender asked "What'll it be?" to which the bear leaned on his arm, stared at the ceiling and thought and thought and thought. The bartender then asked "Why the big PAUSE?" LOL

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says "Hey, why the long face?"
Sorry but I couldn't resist. Now back to Beth's seeds!! LOL

Ha Ha! "why the long face?" works for english bullterriers, too!

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I would love to try a few of these!

I'll get these out to those requesting. Since the government and universities aren't going to help us, it will be up to us hobbyists to do our best.

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Charles Dickens walks into the tavern, on the heels, as it were, of the Polar Bear, and sits down at the bar. The bartender asked "What'll it be, Chas?". Mr. Dickens replied "I will have a martini" to which the bartender asked "olive, or twist?".

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Chuckles

Thumbnail by phicks

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.