Snoring

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

My husband snores something terrible. Good thing he is a day person and I am a night person. Anyway, saw an advert. for Breathe Right. They are little strips that you apply to your nose. He got some from the drugstore yesterday, tried one last night and low and behold - no snoring. Well, at least until he slept for awhile on his back and I kicked him and made him turn over. The druggest told him that football players use the strips to get more air into their nose. My hus. said that it helps him breathe better. Hope this helps someone who has a problem with snoring.

west indies, Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for the info but can there be any know negative side effects of this product?

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

My husband has used them for several years now, not for snoring but for an occasional stuffy nose, with no ill effects. I can't imagine why or how there would be any bad side effects from this simple device.

Thornton, IL

These are a godsend. My husband uses these now as well, he says they also help him sleep better because he can breathe. And I can sleep because he's not shaking the rafters! I noticed that a lot of football players DO use them, probably because, like him, they've broken their noses so much that the cartilage is a little off, LOL. Maybe having sinus reconstruction would do the same thing, but OUCH!

Grabill, IN(Zone 5b)

If your husband snores alot, your really need him to tell his physician. I am an RN and know that a patient who snores is usually recommended to go to a sleep clinic for a night of observation. -Especially if they have periods of apnea.(Stop breathing for a short period of time.) Sometimes patients need surgery to correct the problem or they may need a bedside cpap machine at night. LOL

Thornton, IL

Physician? This is the guy who drinks more if anything hurts, LOL. Trust me, that is the least of the problems. But good advice for those who will take it. :-)

Grabill, IN(Zone 5b)

Many men are like your husband. Sorry that it interrupts your sleep. I am thankful my husband doesn't snore very often. A little of my elbow stops the whole thing. Ha.

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

My hus. went on a diet this past wk - lost 8 #'s and his snoring has stopped. Last yr. he had gained up to 240#s and was snoring like a bandsaw. Then he went on a diet lost 9 or 10#'s and quit snoring. Then over the holidays he gained back up to 240# and started snoring again. That is when we got the strips. This past wk. he went on a diet, stuck with it, lost 8#'s and his snoring has stopped. Thank the Lord. LIZ

Thornton, IL

My husband weighs 160 lbs. sopping wet, so I don't think that would help. Cuffing him in the jaw helps a little. So does poking him so he rolls over and off the bed. (J/K!!!) We actually sleep in separate rooms now, for an unrelated reason. My 6-yr old son is afraid of the dark, so Daddy sleeps in his bed. He doesn't mind his snoring one bit!

This message was edited Feb 3, 2007 10:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.