Our 19th Annual Photo Contest is now open for entries. You can submit your best images HERE

Bare Minerals?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Swirl,tap,buff....has anyone seen this commercial for Bare Minerals? Anyone using it?

No matter how carefully I put on my foundation,I still look made-up AND blotchy. I'd like to try Bare Minerals but they only show younger women on their commercial(ok,one may have been 40..ish) and I don't care to drop $60-$70.00 bucks for a product that will just join the others in the drawer.

I did notice WalMart has a simular product for about 1/4th the price...Bare Essentials or some such.

P

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

I have tried the bare minerals and did not care for it, even with the moisturizer stuff first it settled into all of my pores and lines making me look about 10 years older. Just did not like it I think if you have great skin with small pores and no lines you would probably like it.
Mindy

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

well,that leaves me out.I certainly don't need another product that settles into my lines. Pore are still fairly smalI.
No wonder they don't show models over 40...ish.

Thanks for saving me some bucks.

P

Myrtle Beach, SC

I am 52 and I don't have great skin, but I love Bare Minerals. They key is to really tap the excess off before applying. This is fast and fun make up. My DH loves it--if we're going somewhere special he will apply my make up for...yes really :)) He is very manly--looks like the Marlboro man, but he can apply this make up as well as anyone I know. Whgen we went on a cruise last Fall he did my makeup every night right down to the mascara ! God bless, Margo

PS This make up has great coverage and when you use mineral veil as the last step it will last all day and night.

Grifton, NC(Zone 7b)

I am 48 and love bare minerals.You just have to play with it.Instead of tapping the brush on the inside of the lid,I tap the handle on a hard surface.I get better coverage.I mix colors and use the tinted bisque and tinted minerveil,also.Once you start playing with it,you can custom make eyeshadow out of the foundation,bisque and mineral veil.The sky is the limit.My DH loves it,becasue I am usually ready to go before he is.Try it from QVC,and if it is not for you send it back for a refund.The hardest thing for me was deciding on a foundation color.I bought several and that is how I came up with my right shade.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

I just got bare minerals for x mas, i really like it but i have small poors. Now my mom has large poors and it looked horrible on her, and inhanced every acne scar. I have found that for me I have to use way more then the amount they show on tv. I still have a little trouble applying warmth, but I love love love the mineral veil.
So if you have pretty good skin i would say try it. I still mary kay foundation a lot too.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Choosing a color is tough for me too. I have shallow complexion. I also work outside so I'm tan half of the year even though I wear a hat.

I wouldn't say I have large pores.

P

Myrtle Beach, SC

Hugs Bigred.....that's why when you order from Bare Minerals they send 2 totally different colors. One should work now and the other will be slightly darker for you to tan into. I seldom have to buy a darker shade, but if I do, I go to EBay and get a smaller "sample" size. I am more more more of the year because, like you, I do try to protect my skin.
I also like to order the smaller sample colors of blush and eye shadow so that I can try them before I get this huge "lasts forever" container of color. One time last Spring I ordered 15-20 samples of glimmer, matte, and one other type and I am still using them. Be sure to get the 1/4, not the 1/8 size, so if you like it, it will be with you a while. I find the 1/4 will take me through a season easily. I have some I cannot use, so if you want them, send me a DMail with your address and I'll send them to you. Nothing wrong with them, just not my color. I probably have 10-12 of them I can't use.
God bless, Margo

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Margo,
Thanks for the info. Seems Ebay sells just about eveything.

P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.