Game rules ...
1. All words must be contained in an English language dictionary (NO "urban" dictionaries), either hard copy or online. Google is NOT a dictionary.
2. If alternate spellings from non-English languages appear in the dictionary for a particular word, only the English spelling should be used.
3. All words must contain the same number of letters as specified in the title of this game thread.
4. Each word must change no more than one letter (or one instance of the same duplicated letter) from the previous word, but letters may be scrambled. Letters may also be scrambled without changing any letters.
5. No proper nouns unless we're REALLY stuck, and even then the word should appear in a dictionary.
6. No hyphenations, abbreviations, contractions, prefixes, or suffixes.
7. Try not to repeat words (at least not right away).
8. Words may be challenged if the challenger can not find the word in a dictionary.
continuing from ...
last word ...
7 letter word game #4 - Dictionary Words Only
Game rules ...
I think we paint ourselves into a corner with more and more esoteric words, but sometimes with the letters available that's all I've got to work with. 'Sides, I do like a challenge. lol
I do too Katy, but it should be fun and not spending hours with nose in the dictionary, I do not even have time for that, if I do know a word that follows the last one I post it, other wise forget it and let someone else spend their time doing that
This message was edited Feb 18, 2007 6:31 PM
Here's a bit more familiar a word for you guys:
I like the esoteric words! :-) If we ever do find ourselves really and truly stuck again, however, I'd like to suggest simply backing up and trying a different path rather than changing 2 letters...
But I don't think we'll get stuck on stuccos, LOL!
oops, that changes two letters, so we're back at ...