Wanted Facial Scrub

Indianapolis, IN

Does anyone know where I can get a decent facial scrub? I have sensitive skin but love to use a face scrub now and again. If you can suggest one it would be great help.

Indianapolis, IN

I too have very sensitive skin, and like you, it took me a while to find a suitable product. I now use Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub, and it really is brilliant.

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

A 2.50 jar of GOJO with pumice. It has more of the scrubbing beads than other more expensive stuff and leaves your face feeling soft and very clean. Don't wet your face, just get some on your fingers and rub it around in circles on your face, staying away from your eyes. Then rinse off. I have been using it about 4 mos. now and it is fading the brown spots on my face and back of hands. LIZ

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Ditto the Burt's Bee's-- :)

Grifton, NC(Zone 7b)

I have been selling Avon for 27 years.Try Mark clearing trend.I have tried all kinds of products but this is the best I have found.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I love Mary Kay's micro-dermabrasion set. Pricey, I know, but it leaves my face so nice and smooth and fresh feeling. And the set lasts forever, not one of these things you have to buy every month.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Nothing beats good ole honey and oatmeal scrub..Mix each to a sort of thick paste..Scrub and leave on for a few minutes..Rinse well..

Larkie

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

after reading the post about gojo, i had my sister send me some with my son, i love it.
thanks Liz!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I use the origin's Modern Friction rice scrub. Works SO well. I get deep cystic acne in my chin and have scarred skin from sunburn when I was little. Worth every penny and you use SO little to scrub. The whole line is great. Most bottles last about a year and smell so pleasant as well.

Thumbnail by dangitgirl
La Jolla, CA

Hi;
I used a lot of expensive spa facial products and I have to tell you I found one that is way better and it only cost me about 75 cents a day. Check out microdermabrasioncreams.com. Lots of medical info and cool skin care tips.
Sherry Moor

Loudon, TN

You don't need to waste your money on facial scrubs in bottles or tubes. Instead, buy a scrubber(you use it in the shower. it is like a brillo pad for your face) It does all of the work. Then, all you need is ordinary soap on the pad. It is important to keep the pad dry so it does not fill with bacteria, but if you suspect this has happened, just wash it before you use it. I just had a microderm abrasion and the woman who gave it to me asked me how I kept my face so properly exfoliated. These little scrbbers are available at the drug store or Walmart. Some are pink...they vary.

Richmond, VA

Whip up one egg white and 3 tablespoons of plain oatmeal. Lather that on your face and scrub gently, and don't forget your neck area. Leave it on until it's dry, about ten minutes. Rinse with warm water. No chemicals, no additives, just 2 natural ingredients.

Arias

This message was edited Jul 30, 2007 9:24 AM

Medford, NJ

Especially good for sensitive skin is to take about half a teasp of baking soda and mix it with about a tablesp of any creamy hypoallergenic cleaser, like cetaphil or Aquanil. Scrub lightly or harder, depending on how sensitive you are and how much abrasion you like. If you use one of the above mentioned cleansers, it rinses very nicely.

Most fancy scrubs are just a waste of money. All you need to do is remove dead skin cells - and like one of the above posters said, you can do that with a plain old washcloth. I would rather use the cloth or whip up some of the cheap baking soda scrub and save my pennies for a great lipstick or something fun.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

I've used Pernox Scrub Cleanser in the tube for over 25 years now and although it's expensive these days, I've never found anything that works as well as this does. The few periods in my life when I haven't used it, there's been a noticeable change in my skin - ruddy, bumpy, icky. I've tried TONS of other scrubs and have even tried making my own, but nothing else has ever worked as well. It's medicated, too, with some salicylic acid in it, which also helps remove the dead skin.

http://www.americarx.com/Products/16876.html - they have other sizes, too.

I started using it in my 20's when I had oilier skin than I do now, but I still use it. I'm 50 now and no one can believe it because I don't have any wrinkles yet. Good skin runs in our family, but I know this gave it an extra boost - that and moisturizers religiously used.

Even my baby sister, who spends an exorbitant amount of money of facial care, got sold on this last year and uses it now.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't really stand by what everyone is saying that you don't need something expensive. I am about as organic as you can be with all or foods and we drink soy(silk is best imo) and NOTHING would gett rid of cystic acne like the origins does!

Frankfort, KY

Oatmeal is great and cheap. Make a paste out of the oatmeal and apply to face and let dry. Then take a dry wash rag and "scrub" it off.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I use Aveno's face scrub, twice a week. I've tried lots of others but this one doesn't bother my sensitive skin. One tube lasts months and months, you only use a little bit.

One hint from my grandmother who had beautiful skin, always use the products you clean your skin with on your neck and the front of your chest where your skins shows in shirts. The only lotion she ever used was the cheapest rosewater and glycerine she could find.

South Padre island, TX(Zone 9a)

Baking soda is the best facial and body scrub I've found. I like using it with a natural liquid soap. (I use castile soaps, like Dr. Bronner's). Just put a bit of each in your hand and apply any where you want smooth. (Bhavana34's recommendation of a teaspoon of baking soda to a tablespoon of soap sounds right.) I put about 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a small pastic cup at the back of my shower behind the shower curtain, where it can't get wet. I shake some baking soda onto my hand, squirt some liquid soap on it, and "polish" my skin. The results are great.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.