It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

2007 ORVG TRADE THREAD

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We have several 'custom' Lou's in our yard.... She does a Kicking "Beware of Dog" sign!

Ric

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Ric, Red Roof and Best Western are fine, I just wouldn't send anyone to the one behind GA carpet or Motel 6. :)
Everything at Eastgate falls into the pricey range. Lou, I've still got my signs from last year and love them!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Gosh, I just happened on this thread by chance..

I'm not sure what or how much I'll have, but I will bring a boatload. The one thing I know I'll have are Lilium bulblets.... probabaly Silk Road, Leslie Woodriff, Black Beauty, White Henryi, Caravan, and a couple others. Also a pink hardy chrysanthemum with a lighter pink center.

I might have specialty daffodil bulbs, and also a 'Dragonwing Red' Begonia or two.

It is way easier for me to say what I want than what I'll have LOL!

I'd like a black Elephant ear and maybe some others. Also some heucheras...Geminii, I don't have any of the heucheras you mentioned, so let's see if we can trade. Rose Zepharine Drouhin.

Suzy

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Suzy, I'd love bulblets of Caravan and White Henryi. I've started a list above that I'll be adding lots to :)
Neal

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Suzi I'd love bulblets of any Lillium you have to spare.
I have EE's, Heuch's ...... the exact ones will take a few weeks ...... that darn Winter thing...... lol
I'll trade a speciality EE for a Dragonwing ......

Ric

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Defoe..I would love ot have some more sun coleous. I got a bunch last year (Yes I was the newbie :) And they were beautiful! They especially looked great around the base of my bird bath and they got a bit of extra water being there! I loved them for the constant splash of color. Chele gave me a Kopper King last year and I got lots of compliments from that plant.. If anyone is looking for a hibiscus with purple foliage talk to Chele.
I have hens and chicks also. They have filled up their space.. I have a couple different types and one is spiderwebby.
I probably need to wait until thing start coming up to really see what I have. I have ground cover that I can share.. lol.

Athens, OH

Jazz-
I might want some hens and chicks.

ROX

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Jazz, you got the sun coleus. Will post it on my link above.

If anybody has any lily of the valley, nicotina or ornamental grasses, they are on my want list. I also have plenty of unnamed canna bulbs.

I'll have Nicotania Bonnie.

Athens, OH

Melissa-
Do you have the fragrant white nicotiana? If so, can i have some?
ROX

Yes, it smells great. Sure Rox, not a problem.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

If it's plain old LoV you're looking for I should have plenty Bonnie.

I could use some Nicotiana also Mellisa..
Ric

Athens, OH

Yes...one less seed to start!
Many thanks. Would eight plants be asking for too many?

ROX

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Ihave LOV too.. I was giving some to Chele's person but I don't know how many they need

gotcha rox, ric. I love the stuff, had it in several pots on the deck last year. It smells wonderful!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Chele's person is Dusty. LOL

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Ric, I'm sure to have lilies too; I've just started digging and there are at least 75 in my fridg now. I'll be potting a lot too (any that I bring for sure). Any colors you're looking for?

if either of you have dark red lillium I'd love a couple of those.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Any Lillium are welcome here!
I have dozens that slowly died out due to lack of Sun (and knowledge on my part! lol) both have been corrected.
I've raised 4 different ones for 3 years now so I feel confident w/ them.

We had Nicotiana we got from someone last year (possibly ROX or Tabasco) and it about knocked you over as you came out the front door at dusk..... wonderful scent!

Edited to say: Chele must be Dusty's person as the only person Dusty answers to is Dusty (well Pillar but that goes w/o saying)

Ric

This message was edited Mar 4, 2007 8:49 PM

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure about dark red yet, but Ric, I do have some large L.henryii bulblets; those would look great with tropicals, and they are easy and prolific.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sound GREAT!

ric. I accept your offer of LOV, what do I have that you want?

Melissa, I accept your nicotina, What do you have on your wish list?

I haven't come up with a wish list yet. LOL I'm easy, if it's not invasive and pretty, I'll find somewhere to stick it.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I would like things that do well in dry shady areas. I have lots of ground cover under my Spruce trees but would like something a little more interesting.. The Heuchera isn't doing too badly.. and the money wort seems ok. I think I lost my blue hosta but will have to look this year. The last couple years I have barely looked on that side of the house due to circumstances.. So if it's a plant that can handle neglect that would be great also.. lol.. all my plants need to be able to handle neglect..

Hey Chele..I have some regular hosta I can probably divide this year if you are interested. I think you said something about filling shady spots?

I'm starting my maters. I'm proud of myself, I started way too early last year as an experiment... so this year I've been sitting on my hands waiting to get started. Here is my list of Tomatoes. If anyone wants anything in particular, tell me now. I'm not growing all these myself this year, but I do have them all here just waiting to grow for you! :) if you want something in particular from me, speak up now. :)

Aker's West Virginia
Amana Orange
Amy's Sugar Gem
Anait
Ananas Noir
Anna Russian
Arkansas Traveler
Azoychka
Bali
Banana Legs
Big Rainbow
Black Cherry
Black From Tula
Black Krim
Black Prince
Black Sea Man
Black Zebra
Bloody Butcher
Box Car Willie
Brandywine Black
Brazilian Beauty
Brown Berry
Carbon
Carbon
Carmello
Caspian Pink
Chapman
Cherokee Chocolate
Cherokee Purple
Cream Sausage
Dr. Wyche's Yellow
Druzba
Eva Purple Ball
Evergreen
Ferris Wheel
First Pick
Georgia Streak
German Johnson
Giant Belgium
Giant Syrian
Gigantesque
Golden Sunray
Goliath
Granny Cantrell's German Red
Great White
Green Sausage
Green Zebra
Hawaiian Pineapple
Henderson's Pink Ponderosa
Hillbilly
Indian Stripe
Italian Sweet
Japanese Black Trifele
Japanese Black Trifele
Kellogg's Breakfast
Kentucky Beefsteak
Leningradski
Lesacana
Lime Garden Salad
Lumpy Red
Marianna's Peace
Millionaire
Mirabell
Mortgage Lifter
Mr. Brown
Mrs. Housworth
Neves Azorean Red
Omar's Lebanese
Orange Banana
Orenburg Giant
Paul Robeson
Pineapple
Plum Lemon
Prudens Purple
Purple Calabash
Red Fig (red pear)
Red Zebra
Rouge D'Irak
Rutgers
Siletz
Snow White
Southern Night
Tartar of Mongolistan
Thai Pink Egg
Thai Pink Egg
Thessalonki
Tobolsk
Valiant
Watermelon Beefsteak
Weeping Charley
White Queen
Wins All
Winsall
Yellow Brandywine

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Let me check my catalogs and see what I was going to order and I'll DMail you Melissa.
Anything Black, Purple and Pineapple for sure though...... and Rouge D'Irak (which I got last year and loved!)

Thanks!
Ric

Probably ones I'm planning on growing myself, we prefer the blacks/purples for eating, just love the flavors. :)

Melissa, that is quite a list. I have about the same number, If I get ambitious in the next couple of days, I will post what I will have available. Not growing all of them, but will grow if you see something you want.

Bonnie, we could just trade seeds with each other now! LOL

I've got a ton of other stuff going or getting ready to go if I can find all my trays.

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

I would LOVE a Cherokee Purple Tomato....A friend of mine in Texas lost all his last year during that drought and wildfire, so he had none to send me...
That flowerbox out front has a bunch of things starting to come up... 2 small patches look like they may be Daffys, but the rest aren't up yet enough to tell ...What a pleasant suprise!!

You got it Dusty.

Okay, Melissa, I will try to list my seeds tomorrow, and then we can just trade seeds. Saves transporting those babies.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2007 10:34 PM

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow ya'll are really ahead on this RU. I don't know what I will have by that time. I'm sure I can help put on the ones wanting coleus. :) Melissa are your tomato seeds ones you have grown and saved or bought ones? I've been getting mine started this week. I have grown Granny Cantrell's from the original person and didn't realize there where available to much commercially yet.

Mystic, most of my heirloom seeds I have grown and saved the seed. Quite a few were gifts from VGMKY,. He helps Theinemans Nursery in Louisville, and they have a heirloom plant sale every year. Last year I went and bought about 10 heirloom varieties from them, raised them and saved seed. So I have probably 40-45 different heirlooms.

Would be happy to send you seed, or raise some, if you would like.

Mine are all bought, I haven't figured out the saving the seed thing yet, rather, I forget to save seed every year.
I grew Granny Cantrell's last year from Shoe, and LOVED it. A couple of places are selling it this year, but I bought mine from Baker Creek, I think I even have a few seeds left over from Shoe last year as well. I just ordered some coleus cuttings, so we might be able to swap some of those too Peggy. :) I'm glad you're able to come! I think I need to make a big ole birthday cake for all these birthdays!

I probably will have some dianthius, name unknown, but it smells very good. It is a pink, and blooms about end of May-June, so put that down.

We need to see if we can get Kathy( Misty Meadows) up here this time too.

I picked up a few more packs of seeds today.... we'll see what comes up!

Bonnie, did you want any seeds from my list? I've got a few pepper seeds too, and another order coming, (I hope soon) with some different peppers in it, and a few more maters. I think I'm addicted. LOL

This message was edited Mar 12, 2007 6:57 PM

Melissa, honestly I don't know. I am pulling out my tomato seeds tonight, and starting them tomorrow. So I will try at the end of that process to list my seeds to see if there is anything you want. I do know that I had a giant Marconi pepper last year (heirloom) bought from VGKMY that is a very good one, and will be willing to share that one with you.

We will get together at the RU and talk about tomato seed saving, girl you can save bundles by saving your heirloom seeds, rather than buying them. then you will have more to spend on ?? daylilies, etc.

Oh, I would love to meet Kathy. Wonder if she can be persuaded to take a day off from the market and travel to our RU. I will make the offer to her, and she would be welcome to ride with me. I will d-mail her.

I might be interested in a mild-medium pepper for general use. We don't do the extremely hot ones.

I know I can save, and every year I am fully intentioned on doing it... but I'm lucky if I can get my canna's out of the ground by cold, much less keep seeds straight! LOL I had planned on using the hoophouse to keep them from blowing over in their containers last year, and I've got the method saved, and have read it a bazillion times... I just never get around to doing it.

I dmailed Kathy too, about the roundup, and I wanted to ask her what was out in the nurserys in L'Ville right now. I"m hoping that I can just make a trip down there in a couple of weeks if I don't find all the annuals I need online in the mean time. :)

I've been looking at my photos from last year, end of may/early June to remind myself what will be blooming.... and how filled out my containers were at that time to try to get an idea of when I need to start them this year to have them filled out by May 27. :) If it would STAY like today and tomorrows weather, it wouldn't be a problem!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.