It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

2007 ORVG TRADE THREAD

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Melissa, I did the wintersowing this year, but so far, have nothing that has germinated. I am so disappointed, as I thought that I would start the flower (annuals) and have them ready to go by the time we could plant them out. So while starting tomato seeds tomorrow, I think I will toss some annuals in some flats and see how well they do there. Grrr, hate to waste the time, money, and effort for things that just won't germinate.

I will have to go back and see what I might have done wrong. They were wintersowed on January 19, and it will be 2 months next week. Wouldn't you think I would have had something by now?

I haven't d-mailed Kathy, but am going to do it right now. Hope we get a positive response.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Bonnie, I wintersowed last year, and some stuff didn't start germinating until the end of March, so don't dispair too much. But, I didn't wintersow myself again this year, it was too much hassle for me, to keep the containers on the deck with my husband constantly witching about "Hillbilly Haven's"....

Kathy has commitments that day that she can't get out of...but, if we go back to an earlier date next year, or we do another get together in summer, maybe we can convince her?

Oh, shoot, I knew that the Farmer's Market would be a problem. Maybe somtime during the summer we can do a mini RU, and she can come.

That's what I was thinking. But, we'd probably have to do it either mid week, which would exclude a bunch, or on a sunday, which would exclude a bunch too probably.

Okay, maybe we need to have a mini RU, during the week!!

Melissa sowed my tomatos today, here is what went in: The Dutchman, Granny Cantrell, Williams Striped, Yellow Brandywine, German Johnson, Pineapple, Big Zebra, Lumpy Red, Rouge D Irak, Tennessee Britches, Aurtralian Heart, Franks Large Red, Abe Lincoln, Cow's Tit, Mortgage Lifter, Box Car Willie, Isis Candy, Big Zac, 4th of July, Mr. Stripy, Hawkins, Cour d Bue, Black Russian, Amish Paste, Oregon Spring, Black Drim, Arkansas Traveler, Kelloggs Breakfast, Cherokee Purple, Persimmon, Big Rainbow, Barnes Mt. Pink, Barnes Mt. Yellow Better Boy, Heat Wave, Supersteak, Early Girl, Brandywine, Sweet Million, and Tip Top Cherry.

If there are any of those that you would like seeds of let me know.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bonnie can I get some seeds from you also?

Ric

Sure Ric, which ones are you interested in? Besides those listed above I have about 50 more varieties. Some are beefsteak, and just good eating tomatos. I have the Marconi Pepper seed too, It is a giant sweet green, instead of a bell shape, it is elongated, and I used them last year for roasting, or kabobs on the grill. They are really good. Just let me know and I will get them in the mail to you.

Yes, Bonnie, Isis Candy, Black Russian, and cow's tit. LMAO I've never heard of that one! do I have any you want?

Okay, Melissa I will put them in the mail tomorrow. I would like Akers West Virginia, Southern Night, and Weepig charlie. How many seeds do you want of each variety? I will do 10, if I have them.

I'll do the same Bonnie. 10 if I have them.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I've been trying to catch up on all the threads. Rox if you you still have Fontanesii I would love one, you wanted fern leave coleus I have Kiwi Fern and Kingwood Karnival that is sorta a fern leave. Ric I would love a big dipper, I don't think mine are coming back this year no signs yet. That last freeze we had really hurt my garden. I have started putting things on the trade thread if you see something you want let me know. Neal I would love the Lobelia I have coleus and tomatoes if you are not already covered for those. Lana you mentioned some things you want, let me check out this week if I can divide them yet and I will get back with you. :)

Athens, OH

Mystic-
I have you and Jazz down for a Fontanesii. I would love Kiwi Fern.
Thanks, ROX

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll be bring a bunch of Dippers.... I'll save a big one for you mystic

Ric

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Peggy, I'll put your name on the other pot of Lobelia. You've got wonderful Coleus and I'm just starting with them, so that sounds awesome :)

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Rox, gemini_sage, and Ric. Sorry I didn't post here. I did list them in the Plants only thread. I know others ask for coleus so just yell at me. If I have any you want. I can't keep up with all the threads. I hope to update my list this week. I planned on doing it this weekend put I have had Hadlee about all weekend so didn't get it done. :) Does anybody need patio tomatoes or Aunt Rubys's German Green?

Athens, OH

Anyone want the Ismene festalis bulbs? [Peruvial daffodils]
ROX

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Don't forget to check the plant trading thread and check lists. It will be invaluable for what you promised and expect to get. GW made neat links which I put at the top so you can go to each person's list. :)

Parkersburg, WV(Zone 6b)

Rox -- I would like some Ismene festalis bulbs... Can I bring you anything from my list? I have a couple of new additions to my available list. Just check http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3421673 here to see what I've got.

Kim

This message was edited May 20, 2007 11:27 PM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Kim, this one goes straight to your box (compliments of gardenwife). http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3421673

Parkersburg, WV(Zone 6b)

Chele--thanks! I was trying to link to that but it's late and I didn't do it right.

Kim

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL That's okay. I've not thanked Kimberley yet for the links. LOL

There was an open house at our other house today and there was not one visitor! Of course it was a beautiful day and there were no lookers at any of the houses from what I hear. We ran down this morning, mowed, weed eated, cleaned and got the heck out right before the showing.

I came home, fixed the link and shot out the door! Why is it there are never enough hours but there is always more than enough work???

Parkersburg, WV(Zone 6b)

Chele -- sorry about the lack of lookers at the open house. Must feel especially discouraging after all the work you did preping for it!

My DM is a real estate agent, and I was one too, for a little while. I never had a house sell from holding an open house. We (my DH and I) go to open houses frequently. Looking for a new house is pretty much a hobby for my DH--I call him a "house slut" because he always has a roving eye out looking for another house! But we've never bought a house that we saw during an open house. Mostly we go to open houses looking to see what's available for what price--and out of pure vulgar curiosity. DH and I are both "old house" fans, so we go to nearly every open house in our historic districts....

The people who are truly in the market to buy will mostly likely come through your house with an agent --and not just ramble in during an open house. Open houses can be useful in really hot real estate markets...but mostly that is not how your buyer will find your house. Wishing you a quick and profitable sale soon!

Kim

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Kim. I'm not really distraught just yet but I sure wish it would sell! It's not been on the market very long, just under 2 weeks! We've already had 5 showings and one cancellation. I wish someone would tell me they hated something so I could rush in and fix it. LOL Soooooooooo, want a house in Ohio?? LOL

Sooo, want a house in Pleasureville? No I think that our contract will hold up. I thought it very optomistic that we would hear something on Friday. I know that she has the financing, just waiting for all the inspections, appraisials,etc. Chele, I wish you luck, as it looks to be a good property. However, I on the other hand have an acre to throw in the mix!!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Rox, is the Ismene festalis perennial here? I thought they needed to be farther south.

Lana

Athens, OH

No. I have to dig them up every year like the amaryllis.
Basically you dig they up before the 1st frost, store them on the garage floor until the green die and put them in a cardboard box in the garage for the winter.

ROX

Parkersburg, WV(Zone 6b)

I can do that. I have other bulbs I have to dig too, so I have one bed in the yard that's just for plants that have to be dug up for the winter....

Kim

Athens, OH

OK, I'll put you down for some.
ROX

Parkersburg, WV(Zone 6b)

Thanks Rox!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

To anyone I have plants for, I've just updated my post on the plant thread with what I've got down for everyone, so be sure to take a look and make sure I have'nt overlooked something :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.