Patriotic crafts needed for Kids Camp

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hi folks, I'm in charge of crafts this year at the National Guard Kids Camp here in WV next month. I need ideas that would be fairly quick and not too expensive. I'll have about an hour and a half with each group of kids. There will be about 200 kids in all in two days time. Yes, I will definately be insane and hairless afterwards! :~) I would really appreciate thoughts and ideas for fun patriotic crafts. There will also be a dance that is patriotic themed. Oh, I do have other volunteers to help me with the classes.

Thanks!
Lana

Victoria Harbour, ON

One project I taught was creating birds/bees/ etc. using cd disk and sheeting from craft store that has texture of rubber, would have to find out the name..I have a few at home that grandchildren left for me, I'll take photo and post...

The cd's are readily available..often if you go to post office a company may have distributed to all homeowners and when the homeowner sees them in their mailbox, they are thrown in recycle bin, or sometimes even at Walmart - on counters for advertising and such..anyway, easily one can be done in 20 minutes with mega results..mine hand in trees outside...some prep work but not much...

I'll check what other ideas I may have...you'll do fine..I do similar and it's exciting to see results...and of course all the smiles

Victoria Harbour, ON

As promised, here's one simple idea...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

this one, you can do in red for cardinal or blue for blue jay

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

side view, because the are dimentional..wings stick out

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Bettypauze! Y'all keep those ideas coming :~)

Lana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images