Getting Rid of Grass

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

JugglerGuy: I have seen the picture of your path before, but seeing it with the before picture really puts it into context. You have taken a blah section of grass that looks like its only purpose was to give you something to mow and transformed it into an inviting and attractive garden. Great job!!

- Brent

Alpena, MI(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the compliment, Brent. It was a two year process. I really enjoy going to that side of the house now. Before, there was no reason to walk over there. Every year I remove more lawn and replace it with garden. I've promised myselft to take this year off and just maintain and improve the gardens I have.

Rob

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I like one of stone rock steps. Nice project.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Great before and after pics! Question: What plant material did you use between the stones on your path?

Alpena, MI(Zone 4b)

I used moss between the rocks. I just gathered some from the woods and my neighbor's garden. I paid my seven year old son to place it between the rocks. In the sun farther down the path, I used elfin thyme. It's really, really low growing, so it works well between the rocks.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

It's wonderful!! Now I've got something to show my spouse, who is not creatively inclined. So glad you put this up :) all of my talking and arm waving was just getting me confused and vaguely concerned looks from them.

New Brighton, PA

I really love your walkway. Did you just lay the stones on the grass or did you dig it away first?

Your son did a great job. I hope he got some ice cream or something for all that work.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images