Good News Re: Earwigs

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

I just knew someone would ask. Let me go look........that's Aloha.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Pretty! I was going to ask too. The green polka dot bug doesn't look like he's doing any damage, just a nap in tropical paradise perhaps.

Good point on stocking Sluggo vs Sluggo Plus. I know one smaller local nursery said they weren't going to order any "Plus" for this year, til the regular Sluggo was gone.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Actually the green guys love to eat the rose petals but not the dahlias. Exactly, a siesta in the tropics.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Hurray for Aloha! I have four of them growing inside of a tuteur! Thanks for the name - they really are as pretty as the photo on the site.

Delhi, IA

I love it Stella. And the color is in the right place. On the tips. White tips get devoured here. At least they did last year. (Whispering___they don't seem to have moved from the cornfields yet this year) Maybe last year was the worst and this year will be a slower year. Who knows.

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Super Aloha! Yes, my favorite color combo! :) Last year I had a tiny greenish bee or two living in most dahlias, nice little guys, not agressive at all.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I like the little bees. They're so busy at work that they don't bother me. It's those yellow jackets, wasps, that get me running.

Eureka, CA

I'm pretty sure the green polka dot bugs are cucumber beetles..... they don't seem to do much damage, but I still don't like them. They can get pretty aggressive, especially on my white and white-ish dahlias.... they make me almost as cranky as earwigs and slugs.....

Sanna

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.