Hibiscus Festival June 16 Punta Gorda, Fla -Tropicals 4 Sale

Viera, FL(Zone 9b)

4th Annual National Hibiscus Festival, “Celebration”
6/15/2007 - 6/16/2007
Jun. 15-16, 2007 at Gilchrist Park, Punta Gorda. Sponsored b The City of Punta Gorda and The Punta Gorda National Hibiscus Committee. Fri. 6/15/07 from 6:00 to 11:00 pm The Al Fresco Music & Dinner Festival, with 4 local bands. Bring chairs or a blanket and share free music under the stars. Al Fresco dinning available for a nominal charge. The Hibiscus Gazebo Bar will offer cold beer, wine and sodas, or try the Special Hibiscus cocktail, “Celebration”. Sat. 6/16/07 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm the 4th Annual National Hibiscus Festival including tropical & exotic plant sale, farmers market, kids entertainment area, tour secret gardens by trolley or bicycle, free trolley tours of Punta Gorda, Lil’ Miss Hibiscus Pageant starting at 10:00 am followed by lunch at the Punta Gorda Woman’s Club, Hibiscus Bicycle Tour (12, 31 or 62-miles), Art demonstration by the Visual Arts Center, The Harry Goulding Hibiscus Exhibit open for viewing at the Punta Gorda Historical Society’s History Park on Shreve St., Antique Car Club viewing, food vendors, and local bands playing until 4:00 pm.

Thumbnail by birdlady_liz
West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

We would love to attend, too bad we can't get off the island that soon..thanks for making the post as some members may be able to enjoy it!!! lots of Florida folks check us here.....thanks again,

aurabest,
john

Kwajalein, Marshall Islands(Zone 11)

Gee Liz - it sounds like so much fun! Alas, I too can't get there, but hopefully some of our Tropical Floridians will take pics and share the fun.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Oh to be able to attend!!! Someone go, have enough fun for me and post lots of pictures .... please.

Judy

Viera, FL(Zone 9b)

I will try to get some pictures, for sure. I will post them when I get back.
Liz
Took this here at the nursery Costus pictus

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

That is one beautiful bloom

Judy

Liz that is beautiful! I don't have any of the real exotics, but this double peach is probably my favorite of what I have. Very faithful, give me a few blooms everyday. Sweet plant.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Viera, FL(Zone 9b)

Shari,
That bloom is beautiful!! I onlu have a few hibiscus here, as the winters in N central Fl would kill most of them and my DH allows me only so much room in the greenhouses at the nursery :(
Liz

Liz and Judy - it's so nice to have you join us here! I've seen a lot of your posts in other forums and hope you decide to visit here often. You will be a welcome addition to our little tropical family. Liz - is that a type of ginger (sorry if that sounds stupid....I' m still in the learning phase of life), Its incredible!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Good Morning!!

I'm up with puppies, we raise English Bulldogs and when we have a litter it's 24x7 puppy care.

This is a wild guess hidden ginger?

Judy
"I know just enough to get myself in trouble."

Oh Judy....I feel for you hon! Used to raise long haired dauchsies....but the babies are sooooo worth the trouble! Somehow, the trouble always seems to find me, whether I know enough or not!

Viera, FL(Zone 9b)

Shari,
thank you, and my mother taught me there is no such thing as a stupid questions. Without questions you get no answers. The pictures I posted were gingers, the last one is Curcuma khymer orange.
I havean AOL photo album with 707 pictures (mostly gingers), if you want me to send it to you just email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and say 'Liz send me pictures' and that is precisely what I will do. I love my digital camera, because it allows me to take as many pictures as I want of my plants and my critters that are all over (skinks, toads, frogs, butterflies, birds, etc...) it's a dangerous thing..lol
Liz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.