CLOSED: Secret trade - SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I received replies from everyone I dmailed except Captmitch. Their box should have arrived, per their secret person, but nothing has been posted.

Dispatcher1 asked for delayed shipping and it should arrive any day.

silkichick, skaz421, shihtzumom, dutchlady, susybell, gapeahen, coordeledawg HAVE NOT RECEIVED a box as of today - correct me if I'm wrong.

Kathy

This message was edited Jul 6, 2007 8:54 AM

Greenwich, OH

My box hasn't arrived yet.The ST was to ship box on July,5th.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL, Skimper, it must not be a ST if you knew who was shipping...lol I am just kidding with you..hoping everyone gets theirs soon.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Mine hasn't arrived yet either,I am not worried but if you want to add me to the list you can.

skimper,how do you know your ST was going to ship yours on the 5th ? I thought it was to be secret by all participants ?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol....that is what I said Brigette! LOL

Greenwich, OH

I was informed that my box would be shipped on the 5th.Due to a illness, through Dg mail by Kathy.I have no clue who my ST person is.
Things arise like illnesses and such in life beyond our control.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

We were just "messing with ya" Skimper...should have known Kathy was on top of things..she is so good like that! And yes, you are right, illness is the reason was late going out as well. I was so glad to get it in the mail yesterday. I hope Kathy let my ST receipient know that as well! It is so hard so get things done when LIFE jumps in and messes up our plans! But aren't we blessed to have this forum to enjoy so many with the same interests that we enjoy!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Kathy I have been watching this with great excitement to get in on the next one. Bummer! I hope you change your mind about hosting again. I wanna play!!
Cindy

River Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

Kathy, I think you did a great job on this ST, too, and I appreciate the work you put into it. I had a great trade (and no, Fran, I definately did NOT complain about what you sent me!) and it was fun to pick things out for my ST. I think it was bad manners for anyone to dmail you if they received plants they didn't want--these are gifts, for goodness sake! Dead plants...they should have contacted their sender. And if you sent plants that didn't make it, it would be a nice gesture to offer to send again (although certainly not NECESSARY, since again--these are gifts).
Kathy--re: the postage you owe, were you thinking about me and the peony I sent?
Lauri in WI

Greenwich, OH

JanetS:I know how hectic things can be in life.Been there done that last year with a ill family member.It was a stressful, for the whole family trying to work and meet the needs for our loved one.kathy has done a wonderful!job with the swap.Great!communication,effort,time.It takes alot of patience and organization.This swap has been so fun and the enjoyment! of sharing plants with other DG members.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, you are so right! Kathy has done a wonderful job and she has a busy active life as well, I am amazed at all she can accomplish! And we never know what is going on in someone's life that they are not sharing with everyone here. Sometimes we have things happen that are just enough to endure, and we don't always want to share them with others here...There are times I like to keep this (DG) my happy place, and just have fun, and not think about what life throws at me constantly! So I try to be very patient and understanding, and give all the benefit of the doubt.....it takes a lot to get to me! LOL I love the secret swaps! They are always fun, and it is so cool to have things from someone else's garden, I have so many things from across the US as well as other countries!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

skimper I was just teasing you too :-))........did you take me serious ? I figured that the information had gone thru Kathy.

My ST should have arrived today I would think,sent it July 3rd .

Lauri the same here,hope you get your trade today ( not ST )

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I knew my ears were burning - someone WAS talking about me.

Here's something we need to all complete to end this fun project. Feedback should be left for all who participated. Just click their name where they have posted and you have a link to leave and./or read feedback left by others. Anyone you've communicated with in ANY DG matters deserves feedback - like ebay. It helps provide you with info on who you're trading with, etc.

There are lots of folks here that deserve great feedback for being so kind and sending wonderful boxes of plants to a new friend.

I hope we all get our boxes and dig out little hearts out this weekend. Of course, I'm pooped out now and have 2 more hrs at work.

kathy

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Well........am I confused or what?
I thought everyone had until the 9th to mail their secret trades package out anyway.........isn't today only the 7th?

Jane

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, you are correct - the box must ship by the 9th.

However, the issue I have is everyone except 2 have posted - i.e. "sending out box when the rain stops"," illness at home", etc and will be sending by the 9th.

It's the 2 that have NOT posted anything from the first day. No communication that their box was received, which their person would at least like an acknowledgement and know it arrived safetly (not to mention the nice jesture of thank you) and it would be fine to post on this thread that your box will go out by the 9th, just wanted to check in, etc.

When no communication AT ALL is seen, it makes us wonder if someone else needs to step up and mail a 2nd box or ? We don't know if the person is okay, backing out of this, or what.

And YES, it is the 7th!
Kathy

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

im still in and my box is still going out on the 9 th. my sister in law just gave me a few plants when i was there yesterday. im going to split those too. hope my ST buddy wont be disappointed.
diana

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

On a much sadden note:
Please pray for Donna and her family. Just minutes ago, gapeahen (Donna) called to tell me that her father's funeral will be Tuesday. I'm sure we all can understand her situation and know what she is going through in this time of personal saddness and grief. She called earlier this morning crying and upset that her daddy had just passed away while the Hospice nurse was bathing him.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for letting us know. Our thoughts go out to Donna and her family. If anyone is sure who her ST is, I would be glad to send some things for Donna. I don't suspect that this is the first thing on her mind right now and rightly so.
Bev

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

I was Donna's ST. I sent her a package on Wednesday.

Steve

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Steve, I'm sure Donna will get a boost from getting her box! Garden surprises always lift spirits, don't you think? I wanted to make sure that the ST that she was supposed to send to didn't get left out, and that Donna wasn't worrying about having to do that either. Shouldn't be a priority for her.
Bev

I sent Donna a D-mail, before I knew about her dad's passing. She understandably didn't reply.

I'll wait a while, and get in touch with her. If she never got a chance to open the box, I'll send more; I have plenty of plants in pots.

If she never got the chance to send out plants, I'd be glad to contribute to her ST.

Steve

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

On Donna's behalf, Thank you all for being such a wonderful and caring group of DG friends.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

we have someone sending out Donna's box since it was packed and ready to go - per Cordeledawg who is in communication with her.

Kathy

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is so like Donna! She is such a good person, I pray she is doing alright, I have been so worried about her. I hope she posts sometime soon, just to say she is okay. Deb, what have you heard? Are they all doing okay. I hope everything is going well for her, and her family. Bless their hearts! They are still in my prayers!
Janet

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

She seems to be doing ok. I'll see her at visitation tonight. God bless y'all, Donna would say.

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

Hello everyone,
I mailed my box to my ST buddy this morning. I sent it priority with a delivery conformation. #0306 3030 0001 1148 7045. Sorry to be in the last to mail. Hope you enjoy the plants, buddy.

diana

De Soto, MO

I sure hope the package makes it ok. It is 94 degrees here. It was sent this afternoon with a confirmation # 0306 3030 0003 0212 22205. Ok, when is the next secret swap?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

June - you're in trouble.......I haven't got this one finished yet girl.
k

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol

De Soto, MO

I'm in trouble? I knew I would screw something up! My conformation # is wrong. The last 4 numbers should read: 2205.
Is all forgiven? At least your sense of humor is ok!!!! You go girl! You got it goin on!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. I'm hanging on God's strength every mintue. Visitation was tonight and I was blow way by all the friends & family that were there. So many people LOVE my daddy and from what I was told the lines started forming at 5:30. And did not end until after 10pm. Which I was the last child to arive @ 7:00 & everyone seem to be lookin for me, who would of thought. But I need a little space from everyone, quiet time for me to sit and think.

I never knew my daddy touch so many people's heart. How PROUD I am to have been love by such a wonderful man. The preacher ask me what my frist thought were of daddy and I said LOVE - He Loved everyone and NEVER met a Stranger. Thou my heart breaks... Daddy didn't realize that he was love so much because................I'll contuine on this thread here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/740583/#new

On another note
Steve, thank you I did get those lovley plants, tho I have had a chance to plant. Just what I need & didn't have! BIg HUg to U!

And a special Thank YOU to the person that sent my ST got a box. I do/did have a box filled and ready to ship Saturday, but I was getting the wrong address. Then my world did a 360.........Thank you again

Hugs,
Donna

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 3:06 AM

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Donna
We have all been thinking of you and wish you great memories and strength.
Your secret person is being taken care of...not for you to worry about.
Bev

Ocean Springs, MS

Sent my box out today to Skaz421. Hope you enjoy. I was so anxious to mail, but I knew you were out of town. love to all and keep Donna in our prayers and thoughts. julie

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

well folks, CaptMitch is alive! Another member alerted me this a.m. that she posted to the trading thread at 11:00 a.m. yesterday. However, has not acknowledged receipt of her secret box (sorry for the person who sent her one) and has not sent my box. She has not responded to my dmails, my requests on the threads, etc.

I dmailed her moments ago and await a response! But the good news is she is okay.
Kathy

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, at least we know she is okay. Thanks for the update Kathy!! Hope you are doing great!

I got my box of plants today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.