What size pot?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

What do ya think? For about 2-3 plants each for the rest of the summer. I have a ton of the 4''x 5'' round green nursery pots but I'm thinking they wont' be big enough. I want them to all be similar so it will look neater. I am going to grow them by the back of my garage on an old picnic table. I don't want it to look to junkie! LOL

I have a few of the bigger black nursery pots but don't want them to be too big.. OH my!! 30 seeds soaking so I need to get them ready...and I don't want to spend any more money!...

If I use the smaller pots do ya think making small trellis's like Beth did will be OK for them?

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I've got 2-3 chachamaru vines in a black 1-quart pot . . . the vines only got about maybe 2'. Makes for an interesting trailing plant, but it's not something I'd do again. Definitely the vines in the bigger pots do alot better as far as growth. If you have a ton of the 4"x5" pots, do you have enough for 1 vine per pot? The growth might do a little better then . . . just a thought.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i use 3 gallon nursery pots ronnie if you was here id give you a stack id onely put one or two to a pot paul

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys. I have a few of the 2-3 gallon ones to get me started. For some reason I never saved that size... regretting that now!! I'm sure I can scrounge up some more...

Mesilla Park, NM

Ronnie,
I also use the Three Gallon pots for their permanent home. I also have used the one gallon for the smaller leaved/small flowered plants. This year I ordered some pots and the nice thing about this company, is that they only charge 5.95 shipping (no matter how heavy or how much you order) I love it.

A.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks A. Could you give me the link to where you ordered?

Mesilla Park, NM

Sure thing..

HPSseed.com, also request a catalog, they've got lots of seeds too. I got my red rubber heat mat from them a couple of years ago. I phone order my stuff.

A.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i get 50 3 gallon nursrey pots for nine bucks but they dont ship

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

You can sometimes get them at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I get the 3 & 5 gallon pots used at a local nursery for about 20 cents each. All it takes is a good bleach rinse, and they are good to go.

Mesilla Park, NM

Good resources there, I wish the nurseries here would do that, they all reuse their stuff..
A.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i get a lot at the flea markets to

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Searches so far finds me at 1.05 a pot for 50 of them that's with shipping. Not to bad I guess. No luck on my local nurserey selling them, cheap or used and our Lowes and Home depot don't have them.

Now Paul if you want to get me 50 of them and ship them to me that would be great♥!! LOL

Mesilla Park, NM

l.05 isn't bad at all.. where is that?? also, what are their shipping charges?

There's got to be a better way ..lol

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

It's Growers solution http://www.growerssolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT they are charging me about 18.00 shipping. I had to call for a quote. The more you buy the cheaper they are.

These guys are pretty reasonable too http://www.growersupply.com/nurserypots.html?gclid=CPS4z6KQ5owCFQ4egQodfybYzg they charge 24.99 for shipping and sell in 45 set lots. came to about 1.13 a pot

Mesilla Park, NM

Those are good prices.. I did order for the 2nd time another 90 pots but they are the hard plastic.. at the prices I paid, they should last alot of years.. at least I hope so.. lol I thought I would have enough with the first 90, but kept on germinating mg seeds.. ususually I stop at 125 or so.. now .. I lost count.
A.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I go by one to two plants per gallon of pot. Also the size of the vine makes a dfference. I put one of the large flowered vines per gallon and you can put two of the more petite youjiro or kikyo vines per gallon. That is for optimal growing conditions.

I find more vines that this will give you stunted growth and lack of growth and bloom.

This message was edited Jun 18, 2007 2:23 PM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Well thanks for all the advice and tips on the pots... I ordered 68 of them from B&T Growers Supply.

It came to $58.43 with shipping at .86 a pot that's great.

I figured with the few pots I have now I can do about 40 more!! LOL

I will post a picture when they are all potted up...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

luvs, are you ever going to be busy!

Joanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.