CLOSED: SECRET TRADE = My box arrived

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

this thread is for you to post pics and/or comments about the box you received from your secret trader. If they didn't put their name on the box just post here and they will fess up. PLEASE, no other info here except what came in your box and talk about the secret trade in general. NO OFF TOPICS PLEASE. It gets to long for dial up internets folks.

Kathy

POST PICS IF YOU CAN

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 9:25 AM

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Boxes should be arriving soon-

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

My secret trade box arrived yesterday .... ;) but I don't know who to thank .... no name ... so whoever sent me the four wonderful plants ( varigated flax, plumeria, crinuium, and blackberry lily) thank you... very nice and I didn't have a single one of them .... :) I just love surprises

DebiV

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This message was edited Jun 27, 2007 8:57 AM

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Jun 27, 2007 9:00 AM

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

It was me.... glad they arrived in good shape.

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

Thank you Dutchlady1 ;) They arrived in great shape, I love what you sent.

DebiV

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I got my plants, couldn’t be happier!!! I wanted a honeysuckle so bad and I got one today ‘Alabama Chrimson” can’t wait to see the blooms and the hummers sipping out of it! I was hoping to get seeds for this last year in trades but didn’t get any so I am really pleased!

‘American Beautyberry’ such a lovely shrub, I’ve never seen this only pictures but I have the perfect place for it and the ‘Texas Redbud’ will be perfect for the field.

I got my wonderful plants from Jackieshar and I want to thank you so much, I don’t know how you knew I would LOVE these plants but I’m glad you did! All of our trees and shrubs have been going downhill they are so old and I have been trying to replace them so you know I am tickled to get these I can’t say it enough! Thank You!

And thank you shihtzumom for doing this great Secret Trade!
Lea

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I am glad you're pleased to have a little bit of Texas In Indiana.
Jackie

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Gosh, it's fun just reading this thread. :-)

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow! thank you, thank you - Songsofjoy. My package was delivered just a few minutes ago. The plants got here in great shape.

In my box(huge might I add) was:
Hakone grass(gold), I've been lusting after for a while now.
Japanese Painted Fern, okay been eyeing this one too!
Coral Bells, was telling the husband about a darker leafed coral bell just this last weekend.
Wild Ginger, White Snakeroot "chocolate", purple irises, and Primrose.

Your choice of plant - awesome, fits me perfectly!

Sincerely - thank you,
Brandy

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

My package arrive today. Thank you DBrooks.
I recieved 2 cannas
a bird of paradise
a rooted plummeria

Yuma, AZ

Mine arrived today! Thank you rebecca30! I got three Cannas, red, yellow and orange.
Thanks again,
Davie

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

My box arrived today! Thank you Skimper (Karla)! I received Digitalis Grandiflora 'Carillon'; Chinese Lantern 'Physalis'; Evening Primrose 'Oenothera Missouriensis; & Grenadin White Carnation. I don't have any of these!!

Thanks again Karla and a BIG thank you Kathy for putting this all together!!!!!!

Jeannine
Gardengirl1204

Greenwich, OH

Hello:Jeannine I am glad! your plants arrived in good shape,since the weather has been so hot and humid here. The carnation was hard to pack in the box. You will enjoy the grenadin carnation,very hardy.
Happy Planting!
Karla (skimper).

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

whoo wee this was fun!

I got my box today from Laurihs4,
I am very pleased with all my presents.

I got a beautiful dark purple Monarda-Jacob Kline, A very healthy looking columbine (i'm crazy about columbine!) What color is this one Lauri? Also a large blue hosta, something I was wishing for. All in all I think I am a lucky girl, Thanks Lauri.
I hope my person likes my box as much as I like these.

Thanks everyone for doing this fun swap,
Sue

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

My box was just delivered.. it is from alinehuey (Aline)

If I had written her a shopping list she couldn't have done any better, the tiny stonecrop in the post made me smile then get meloncoly for a minute... it is a long story but will post if you all want.

There was only two dups and thats okay because I was thinking yesterday I want to move them to the back garden... now I don't have to!

Aline sent:
Sedums:
Ruby Glow
Dragons Blood
my version of "grandmas tears"
Pink knock-out rose
Blue Angel Hosta
Corydales Lutea

Very nice Aline, Thank you again.

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

Wow! I got my box today! Thank you so much Tortoisekeeper! What a great choice of plants for my yard. And so many! you hit it right on! I got...

Daylily- seize the night x lighting strike
Daylily- a double pink NOID (what does that mean?)
A variegate tropical hibiscus 'El Capitolio'
Kalimeris varigata- lavender flower
A bird of paradise

All arrived in beautiful condition and packed like an expert.
Now where to put them, this is great, what a lot of fun!
Thanks again Betty!

Dan

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 4:27 PM

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm smiling like Santa's Elf. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this. My person's box arrived yesterday but I haven't heard from them. I hope it was delivered to the right house.

Kathy

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Dan

I am so glad you liked what I sent. You were a hard one to pick out stuff for. NOID means no id or lost tag. The bird of paradise is a white one. I hope you enjoy them.

Betty

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Brandy,

I'm so glad your box arrived safe and sound. Hope they all do well for you!
Christina

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh my goodness what a great box. Lea Lebug sent it to me and I have never seen such a variety. Wow I have to say it again it is a great box and she sent me things I didn't have.

Blue Angel Hosta
Jacobs ladder
Surprise by Joy Hosta
Pink flowering bleeding heart
Autumn Fern
Snow Angel Heuchera

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Kathy,
You deserve a round of applause for implementing this. It was really fun, can we do it again next week, lol

Sue

Cary, NC(Zone 7b)

no box yet for me... hoping though. :)

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

makshi I'm soo glad you liked the plants I was hoping you didn't have any of them, I was really enjoying wrapping them up for you cause you didn't know what you were going to get lol

I like these secret trades :-)

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Kids - keep in mind the deadline for shipping is July 9. Some of us early birds jump to it but when temps are hot as ..... and rain is covering the entire state - people have to gather when they can. Keep in mine, some of us are 40 some of us are 80. When you don't have a box by July 12 or so dmail me personally.

It gets us excited to see others opening boxes and that brings out the kids in us - isn't it great!

Kathy

Cary, NC(Zone 7b)

okay :)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I received my box today from Gale..MissG! I got caladiums, dusty miller, some lovely purple salvia and a croton plant so pretty that it doesn't look real!!!
Thanks sooo much!
Bev

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I received mine from Melissa (mellymass) yesterday. The plants arrived in great condition. I got a heuchera, a hosta, and a fern. All were nice large clumps, well packaged.

Rockton, PA

fran
I was glad to see you got my package. I was a little worried with the hot weather and you are so far away from me.
I hope the corydalis made it ok as it is a beautiful plant for blooming in the shade all summer.
I hope they give you joy.
Aline

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

received my suprise box from Shih Tzu Mom on Wednesday. sorry i havent posted. I've been sick. got a cactus that can survive outside in my zone. When i was a kid the neighbor had one like this. brought back a few memories. Daylillies, Shasta Daisy, sedum (one with red flowers) I have the yellow flowering one, cant wait to see the red flowers, gaura, and black eyed susan. a bird feeder and lotion.
Thanks Kathy for the plants and for hosting.
diana

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you feel better soon. Glad the cactus gave you good memories as well. The bird feed seemed like a fun thing - got to keep these babies happy.

Kathy

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Got my box today, I will try to take a picture later..lol White Sib, Bearded Iris: Batik, a white/yellow beards, BLACK, Purple&White, one called Angel's Robe. PLUS...some very cute yard art for the Fourth of July! That was a very thoughtful addition too!

Thank you so much to Joyce! Happgarden....what a box full of wonderful IRIS!! I love them all and can't wait to see them blooming next year. I have been wanting Batik for quite some time so that was certainly a great surpirse!

(To my secret trader, I will get you box out as quickly as I can, I am ill at this time, but promise you will NOT be the last one to recieve your goodies...some of thers eager beavers make it harder on the rest of us...LOL )

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My secret box just arrived from Scorpioangel and in it were 2 very unexpected items, poets narcissus and false autumn crocus!! Very pretty flowers. The rose campion, bellflower and stonecrop will go in the new bed we just made. Thank you Debi for a wonderful box of plants!!

Ronnie

This message was edited Jun 29, 2007 11:10 PM

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Tggfisk,
You are welcome,
I happy you like the plants
take care Gale

Cary, NC(Zone 7b)

I recieved my box from GARDENGIRL1204. Thanks for the awesome plants and card to boot. I received Salvia, Coreopsis, Pinks, Evening Primrose, Rudbeckia, and Pony Tail Grass. Loved the careful packageing. It was almost like recieving a well wrapped X-mas gift in the mail. Thanks so much. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by rebecca30
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Worried! It doesn't appear that mine arrived yet. I hope they are okay.

Looks like we are getting some really great things.

Rockton, PA

I got my package today. Thank you Pollyk. I can't believe how lucky I got!
I don't have any of the sun lovers you sent me and a lot of them have tags too. I was trying to figure how that was done when I read my note that says Polly has a small nursery
I got two phlox The king and Pixie Miracle Grace
Catmint Sweet dreams
Japanese Iris Imperial magic
Amsonia Willow Blue Star
Hydarngia Pink Diamond
I wish you could have heard me laughing out loud when I found two bottles of Dinasaur BarBque sauce.
It never occured to me to sent an extra surprise along.
This is the most fun I've had in a while.
Thanks for doing this Shihtzumom.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Well now just where are we going to get a Dinosaur to put that sauce on?

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I've been lurking since I wasn't involved. What a fun idea you all had, especially Kathy. I'm jealous! I don't have 3 perennials to give, since I just have a balcony garden and I need all my perennials. LOL Can't wait to hear from everybody about what you got. I love your pic, Rebecca.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.