CLOSED: Secret Iris Trades started

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I think I got you all dmailed with your partners......if i missed anyone let me know right away

Reminders:
minimum trade is for 4 NAMED and LABELED rhizones..some may want to contribute more for their secret trade, but please no less than 4 large healthy rhizomes. In the event your trades are small , please add 1 additional for each 1 sent. Trades to be mailed out by August 20th.

As your host I will draw names on August 1st and D-mail you with the name of your secret trade shortly thereafter. Your trade will not necessarily be the one sending to you.
I will participate and I don't know any other way if I do the drawing, so I will know who sends to me.

Traders in agreement so far are:
Skimper
Weegy12
ScorpioAngel
Woodspirit1
Heyit'sTammy
BlueSpiral
RatherBdigging
PajaritoMt
Eglantyne
GrannyMarsh
HappyGarden
NeilTR
MitchF
Mrsspeedgarden
dmac085
Greathorse
Elizabethtown
Summerkid
JanetS
Jackieshar
Mitt

ok...... Iris people, as your boxes come rolling in........please post your comments here and let us all share

My box is being mailed out today

Greenwich, OH

mailed today.

please post here

this in from Eglantyne

Hello,
I received my secret trade today :-) can't believe I am the first one to post.

She sent me 7 different size rhizomes of GINGERSNAP
4 goodsize rhizomes of Mme.HENRI CAYEUX ( it's a historic one )
4 big NOIDS

My secret trader was greathorse.
THANK YOU ERIKA,it is so funny that I and you would be your first DG trader and also you would have my name for your first SECRET trader.

Thank you both Erika and Jackie for a wonderful exiting experience,
Brigitte

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! Mine came today, what a wonderful surprise! Today was my 36th Wedding Anniversary, and I came home to a wonderful package at my door! My marvelous SECRET trader was none other than our Hostess JackieShar!

I received six Rhizome beauties! 2 Champagne Elegance, Beverly Sills (which I have been wanting for ages!) Pink Horizon, Aphrodisiac, and Ocean Pacific...PLUS She sent me markers with labels already attached! You must have heard me saying I am marker challenged...LOL I can't keep them legible! With pictures of the Iris as well. Also, I am such a sucker for the pink ones, but do not have the first named pink Iris until NOW! The Chanpagne Elegance is just regal looking at 33" and I have been also been coveting Ocean Pacific...have you been looking over my shoulder, girl!

I am thrilled Jackie, thank you so much for these wonderful additions to my garden. I am so glad you labeled them with your name....that is what I do as well with the ones I receive in trades...that way I walk in my garden and share the beauty with all of my friends! What a blessing!!!

Thank you for being a wonderful hostess as well.....I am getting my box out tomorrow, and I hope my Secret Trade is as exciting to the receiver as yours has been for me!

Janet

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

brigette,your so welcome i hope you enjoy them. they are going to be beautiful.

Thank you jackieshar for organizing this secret trade.it must have been a small but fun task. you did a great job!!!!!

this is so fun,-erika

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

Mailed mine yesterday afternoon. :)

JanetS....YOU are my definition of Champagne Elegance...every trade, every thread, every response I have read from you. Every upbeat word from you should be an inspiration to us all. I feel you are a true Champagne Elegant lady. I am proud to know you.
Many blessings,
Jackie

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you Jackie, what sweet sentiments! I truly appreciate you!
Janet

A fairly new member Susan 505 from Roswell, NM wanting to be in our secret trade. Unfortunately the names and been drawn and the thread was closed. I d mailed her with the suggestion that she and I could be traders, not secret pals, but the goodies could be. I be darned if she dmailed me last evening that she has already mailed to me a BIG surprise box..Soooo I am doubly excited to have her on board. ..I have to get out this morning and find her something I think she will be happy to have...WELCOME ABOARD Susan.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

how nice of susan.that's great. since i joined DG i'm finding that the people are so generous and kind. we definately need more of that in our world!-erika

This message was edited Aug 7, 2007 1:39 PM

The very best of folks indeed!

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

My package was mailed out today.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Mine went out today.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Mine will be out tomarrow..

How they like it.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm ordering Thursday and having them shipped direct to my buddy. I'll be sending plant markers/labels from here.

for those of you who have not...Please list your address in the exchange, or dmail it to me so that I might share with your sender. Sure don't want you to miss out on the goodies!

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Mine went out today.

I received my iris box from ScorpioAngel, Debi thank you so much for the irises you sent all the way from Oregon. I hope to visit Oregon someday, it is so beautiful.
Here's the irises I received:
2-Indian Chief (Historic)
4-Battlestar
1-Noid Pink
1-Noid Red
I only have two pink ones (Pinkness and Pink Horizon) so really needed some more pinks. I found a picture of Indian Chief on google but couldn't find Battlestar. It will be a surprise when it blooms and I love surprises.

Shirley

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Skimper for the lovely Irises you sent to me. I didn't have a single one and look forward to seeing them bloom. They were:
2 - Double Your Fun ( rebloomer)
1 - Ask and Receive (rebloomer)
1- Aura Light
1- English Cottage ( rebloomer)

I had only one rebloomer in my garden before this. I can't wait to see reblooms on these.

Thanks, Skimper. These will fit in magnificently.

Oh, by the way, my package went out today.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2007 8:14 PM

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

mrsspeedsgarden
Here is 'Battle Star' http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/72711/ one of the space age Iris.

So happy to hear that you liked the Iris. I will have to agree that Oregon is beautiful, but I have lived in So. Oregon my entire life so I may be just a bit biased. ;)

Here is a pic of the Noid pink -- It is also a very fragrant one -- ;)

DebiV

Thumbnail by Scorpioangel

Well kiddos.....ya"ll are just going to salivate with greed when you hear what arrived here this morning from our new Dave's garden friend Susan501. Ya"ll might wanna start suckin up cause I have now in my collection........and amazingly none of which I already had (how did she know?)
Diamond Blush
Coral Chalice
Granny Perk
Protocol
Ruffled Feathers
Big
Dude Ranch
Luminosity
3 Your's Free
Feedback
Red Rider
Chasing Rainbows
3 Summer Magic
Black Hope
Mariposa Skies
-------------(something)Blackbird I can't read the first word..anybody know?
and numerous noids...........

I am beside myself with appreciation.....I would have liked to have even bought these and she sent them to me just cause I am sweet!!! or maybe cause she is...
I am gonna have a hard time picking something equally nice to reciprocate......I am off to work on it

Susan.......Thank You Verrrrrrry Much
Jackie (your new best buddy)

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Jackie-Congratulations on all those new irises...Susan did really good

DebiV-Thank you so much for posting the pink iris picture..I love it....OK I was trying to google battlestar as one word, should be two. I also love it....Hope to get my markers made up and plant this evening.....Yeah

Shirley

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Mailing mine today.
Yes Jackie, I'm salivating. Now I'm wondering if I scrimped on the irises to my secret buddy.

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

Jackie -- See what happens to sweet people --- Lucky you!! :)

Shirley -- Here is a pic of the Noid Red -- I made the same mistake when I first googled BS, I thought it was one word also so I still find myself writing it out as one word ...

DebiV

Thumbnail by Scorpioangel

hey weegie ...I felt the same way

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I got my box today from JanetS!

Huge roots...

4 BIG roots of Crimson King
4 BIG roots of Red Zinger

and red hardy glads!

I am thrilled - thank you... I have looked to buy both of these this fall and the places I buy from.. (ummm cheaper places!) all sold out! Thank you!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Mitch, I am so glad you are pleased! Those are two of my favorites, and of course the glads are always a part of my gardens. I know they will perform well for you too!
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Jackie, what a wonderful box of surprises! Well deserved for our hostess too! Welcome to DG Susan! It is just a wonderful place to be, and wonderful people here!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

The more I see them the more excited I get!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL I know what you mean, I keep looking at the picture I have of the ones Jackie sent and they are just wonderful! Here is a picture of the Red Zinger blooming...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are the Crimson King!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What wonderful colors in Red Zinger and Crimson King!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I love them.

Crimson King we had back at one of the farms we rented in Oklahoma... it stood sround the base of an old school for a city that no longer was there... I loved that Iris. and I am trilled to have it here in the garden.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

This was in Southwest Georgia on a farm my Great Aunt lived and managed, even after a stroke. She was a very dear lady, and it was on that family farm for at least fifty years before she moved there, she was there herself for at least 30 years, (don't know exact numbers, just what I was told...) and my Sister has had it for about twenty or so years, it was added to my gardens here eight years ago. It is very hardy and reblooms for us in Georgia zone 7B so should do well for you there too in Texas 8a. It is one of the old Iris that has mother tubers that will produce and produce and never stop...I have to divide it almost every year....it does not take long to get a wonderful stand of them going! The Red Zinger I received in a trade my first year on DG. I didn't know the name until I purchased it last year and they bloomed at the same time and of course were exactly the same Iris...I was so pleased to finally know what it was!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Wonderful - love them all thanks.

From Woodspirit1 Lake Toxaway, NC

I got my secret iris trade from grannymarsh. Since I have never done one of these trades before I was amazed at how many and what beautiful irises she sent. I got Cranberry Ice, Lovers Charm, Total Recall, Thai Orange (I really needed an orange), Whoop 'em up, Jungle Gem and Fairy Ring. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope to have more cultivars next year and will try this kind of trade again.

Wow....you did good...what a nice selection you received.......I had been wanting Thai Orange myself, it's such a beauty

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Woo hoo, went to the mailbox about 15 minutes ago and there was a box of beautiful rhizomes...Beverly Sills, Jake, Russet Wings and Quaker Lady. Very large rhizomes, Mitch. Thanks so much, I very much appreciate them. They'll be in the ground in about 1/2 hour. What a nice surprise.

THANK YOU MITCH!

and the goodies just keep rolling in..........what fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.