ID this coneflower

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi All
Can anyone ID this one for me?
I came across this one in a local garden and can't find it anywhere in the files.
And...
That just bugs the heck outta me! LOL
Thanks for your help.
-Kin

Thumbnail by GardenGuyKin
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Kin. Was that for sale as a plant? or just a mutation on a plant? Nothing officially like that on the market now, the closest I've seen is this:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=3805938

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

There's a new one coming out for 2008 called 'All That Jazz'...which the one you posted looks pretty close to...I'll have a look and see if I can come up with anything....

Ed

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Al and Ed
I came across this plant at the Gardens of Deepwood Estate.
It's the entire plant it had about 4 blooms all looking alike. It sure stood out from the rest of the coneflowers.
Thanks again for your help. I feel better now.... LOL

Chicago Suburbs, IL(Zone 5b)

I have plant with similar flowers but it looks like the color of mine is a bit different than yours. It was labeled as a Big Sky sunset when I bought it, however it looks nothing like any of the other Big Sky Sunsets I have ever seen so who knows...

Thumbnail by plexippus
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Gardenguykin - very interesting petals and it does appear to look like "All that Jazz"! Eleanor

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I've seen a lot of malformed petals on Sunsets, they more or less stopped producing that one because of I think.

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

This was my first time seeing such petals on an echinacea. I believe it could be All that Jazz...
Thanks everyone!
I think I will go back there in the next few days and see if all of the blooms are similar or if there were malformations.
I believe they were all the same but now I'm beginning to doubt my memory..... LOL
Thanks again for all your help

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh geez, that's exactly how the petals on my Sunset look. I just put it in last year, and it looked fine, but now it looks like the one above. I thought maybe it was because I had moved it. Also, it took forever to emerge this spring, in fact, I actually thought it was toast. Well, we'll see how she does next year.

Joanne

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's my Sunset....

Thumbnail by Grow_Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images