testing quotes

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Ok, inanda, did you make the trip over here?
Laura

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Ok, here is your post.

Quoting:

back to computerese. You can preview what you have copied but.... big BUT... how do you get what you've copied into a DG thread?? Even pictures from picasa. Picasa will not go into http: anything. It will only go into an email addy so.... what now.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I'm not really familiar with Picasa - is it a pic sight? I'll google it and find out a minute. brb..........
Ok, it is a pic sight, just as I thought. I really have no idea abt sharing pics from there and posting them on DG. I'd go to cameras or computers forum and ask some of the folks there. GW or (sorry, just went blank, the member from Quebec) are very helpful with camera and computer stuff.

If you are just quoting text from a sight, you would do it the same way as quoting someone in DG. An example: Wikipedia entry: [ quote] 1997 - Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash in Paris. [/quote] becomes

Quoting:

1997 - Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash in Paris.
when you remove the space between the first bracket and the word quote.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Trying this here too...

Quoting:
when you remove the space between the first bracket and the word quote.

Thanks....

North Augusta, ON

hmmm...hafta try this too....

Quoting:
1997 - Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash in Paris.

North Augusta, ON

hey, cool...never been able to do it before...thanks

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

YW! :)

Hi Brugie, how you doing? Long time no yak!! :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hi Laura. I'm around, just don't post much except on the brug and hibiscus forums. Hope you are doing well. I'm starting to get to old to do as much gardening as I have been, so I'm trying to convince myself that cutting back is necessary. I don't know how far I'll get with it, but I'm trying. LOL!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Whenever i think of brugs, you come to mind. I still haven't grown any seed but gave some to my DSIL and she has a blooming brug! I'm so excited for her. lol I'm in transition right now so growing plants is off the horizon for a while. ...guess you're going to have to pick a few favourites and go with them? trouble is, tooooo many favs, right? ha ha check your dmail. :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Will do...

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Just arrived but just leaving till next year. Then I'll check this out.

Happy/merry iceless stormless Christmas to all reading here.......

inanda the computer illiterate

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Hey, 'bout time you showed up. LOL Have a Merry Christmas also! I've relocated. Have you read anything abt it? LMK, and I'll dmail you. :) Laura

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok, my turn to try.

Here's a quote:

Quoting:
Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Well, that works! Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.