ZZ Plant, Aroid Palm, Succulent Philodendron (Zamioculcas zamiifolia)

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

ZZ Plant, Aroid Palm, Succulent Philodendron
Zamioculcas zamiifolia

Growth on a root bound Zamioculcas. Quite a healthy specimen! 2007

Thumbnail by WUVIE
Saint Petersburg, FL

hi! i am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out...i had a cutting of this plant, a good size stalk, and i just plopped it in some water. i sort of forgot about it and it developed tons of roots and this bulby thing at the root base, all while still in the water, this thing was under water too. so i finally replanted it, but not before all the leaves and the top of the stalk got soggy and died. i broke the bad parts off and planted what remained thinking the bulb would send out more shoot. its been several months now and nothing has changed. i water it every once in a while...its in the kitchen with med indirect light. does it need to stay moist till it sprouts? should it dry out??? or is it a goner??? any help would be great, i feel so guilty for letting it get this bad!!!

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hello,

I am not to experienced but how you explained that, I would let it dry out for a week or two (depending on how hot it is where you are), that will make it fight for roots to grow.

Just my two cents worth with what I have learnt so far, I hope it helps as this is a plant I soooooooooooooooooo want! lol

Let me know how you go, hey.

A new Friend,
Debi
Australia

Saint Petersburg, FL

Thanks! I am letting dry out...I'll let you know if anything shows up!

St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (USA)

I discovered that the ZZ plant do not like a whole lot of water. Let it dry out, place it in soil, a little water once in a while and it will eventually throw out leaves.

Anything new happened with your ZZ Plant yet?

This message was edited Feb 10, 2008 7:23 AM

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Help People,

Picture 1

I really want to get a cutting, seeds, plant, whatever

The plant is called ZZ Plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images