It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

GordonHawk, think we have a picoteed dat

Hooks, TX

Gordon and X,
Check out the picture that I took this morning of the plant from the picoteed datura seeds. To me, it looks like the one that Gordon posted of his plant from which the seeds came. In person, it is the double white with the yellow edge. I don't know if it will show up that way in the picture.

Louise

Thumbnail by TexasLou
Hooks, TX

Gordon,
I think I have four plants that have the yellow edge. This is the one that bloomed out yesterday. I think it has much more of the yellow edge than any of the others. There is one more plant that will have a bloom fully opened tomorrow and it seems to be much larger than the others.

Louise

Thumbnail by TexasLou
North Augusta, SC(Zone 8a)

Very pretty Louise!

Hooks, TX

alicewho,
Thanks! It is a very nice triple. I think that this is the one to keep the seeds from to refine the new sport, unless the larger one tomorrow has a good yellow edge also.

I haven't heard from Gordon is a while. I saw somewhere that he had been on a vacation out of the country but is back now. I wonder what results other DGers had with the seeds from his flower.

Louise

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yep! That's Gordon's Picotee! Well done!

X

Hooks, TX

X,
From the seeds that he sent to me, I shared three plants at the RU in Tyler in Sept.,
gave one to my grand-daughter and kept 6. They have all had the yellow edge. I watched the one that had a larger bud, hoping it would be the one to keep seeds. it was fully open this morning but the yellow (which was a darker yellow) was in splotches in the rim of the outer shell and also on the neck of the bell. I'll watch to see if the coloration smooths out more evenly in the future blooms. It would be the one to get seed from if it did because it was larger and fuller and brighter yellow. The plants will have to come inside in a few days because frost is near.

I still have the seeds that you sent to use for planting next spring.

Louise

Chickenville, FL(Zone 9a)

That is gorgeous. Can seeds be purchased for that? I would love to try growing that one.

Hooks, TX

angel_tree_baby,
The last datura seeds that I tried to save got all moldy and ruined. I hope I do better with saving these. Gordon wants some of the seed and I'm sure that, with getting things right this time (I hope) there will be enough for him, for myself and to share. I'll let you know later when I hear from him. This was a trial run for this unusual sport from one of his plants.

Louise

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images