Christmas Decorating

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

I am ready to decorate for Christmas and I am excited to see how all of you DG's decorate for the holidays. Do you use any of your plants or gardens in the decorating. I know it is early yet, but please show us some of your decorating as you get it done. Both inside and out. We all need new ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie

This message was edited Nov 23, 2007 9:27 PM

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,to that,let me say...PPHT!...LOL! Just kidding. I don't start decorating until Dec.1st. I need to get my decoration from the barn.

I let my daughter use my big tree again this year since we're doing Christmas at her house this year. I'll only use my 4 ft. table top tree but I do decorate the fireplace mantel,around the doors in the living room and the front porch...in shades of pink(mostly hot pink),black,white,silver and cyrstal.

I hate to ask bigred , but what does PPHT mean. And I would love to see whatever it is that you decorate.

Debbie

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi Debbie, I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving and I take every down the day after Christmas.

I have a 7.5ft tree and I put about 500 ornaments on it...kinda looks like a department store tree, except I am not selling any of them ;o)) I have two 4ft trees and I will decorate both. One will go in the entry hall and the other will be outside on our back deck with waterproof ornaments added. Hubby puts out three deer (like the ones everyone has) Momma, Daddy and baby. I have an outdoor Santa and snowman which will be hung in trees on the side of the house. (Our house is on a corner lot, so we decorate on three sides.) Also, on the deck, I have a snowman that is about 4 ft tall and when the wind blows, he spins around. I will do something Christmasy in the pots on the deck and probably add lights to a tree or two. Plus, I will add little Christmas theme to each room to spread joy throughout the house.

You probably already do most of the same stuff, however, I bet I have something you don't have...which is my most favorite type of decoration...
Christmas ducks! I have some with wreaths around their necks, a few are dressed like Santa and several which are wrapped in tinsel. Of course, I don't think this type of decoration would be loved by anyone other than a duckmother LOL

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

drapelady,
That's a big ole juicy raspberry...LOL

~~~~~$;>p'

Oh duckmother. please take some pics when your done. I'd love to see your Santa Duck:) and everything else.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey Debbie. Had my tree set up for days now, and finally have the lights up. I have a slim tree. . .much easier and less expensive to decorate. . .and it doesn't take up any space. Here's a pic. . .no ornaments yet, but I may have overdone the lights! I'll take pics as I go along. It may be days before I get it done.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Is there such a thing as too many lights? lol I think your tree is beautiful!

Hayesville, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, I find a stragelly pine that has a fairly symetrical
top, and I saw it down and bring the top home and
hang it from the ceiling over a bucket of water. Its trunk
is in the water. Then I decorate it with all the stuff - from
the lovely momentos to the ratty stuff that my children made,
and lights and swags.
I have vases of pine with red berries here and there, and
swags of pine and red ribbon on all bedroom doors.
And that's it. Oh, I have a long string of Christmas tree lights
all along my long porch.
Fitsy

Duckmother,Big Red, please post some photos of how your coming along.

Fitsy , I don't think I've ever seen a tree like that, but I would love to. Photo please.

Lana, I love alot of lights. Can't wait for the follow up pics. Thankyou.

Debbie

Sounds wonderful, Fitsy.

Debbie, I will try to take some photos, today.

Kim

Thanks Kim, I'm leaving til later this afternoon. I look forward to the pics. Have a good day.

Debbie

Hayesville, NC(Zone 7a)

I should mention that my entire downstairs
has pine board ceilings and massive rough
beams. The tree might not work so well
hanging from a white ceiling! The cord from the
ceiling doesn't show. I haven't put it up yet this year,
I am a camera idiot - boo hoo!! Maybe my son can
see to a picture for you.
Fitsy

LOL I am not the best picture taker, either!

But...here goes...

Yes, you may say something about all of the ornaments that I have on the tree. I make a vow every year to not buy anymore but I fail! Next year, I am going to buy another tree ;o)

Thumbnail by duckmother

Some of my Christmas ducks (The bigger ones)

Thumbnail by duckmother

This is my favorite. The company made two others, one was white and gold and the other was plaid. But, alas, I did not know about them until the company stopped making them. I you ever see one like this one please let me know!

Thumbnail by duckmother
Norfolk, VA

here's mine.......protected by my snake plants!! still need a tree topper tho

This message was edited Dec 7, 2007 11:49 AM

Thumbnail by bhaugh

I will try to take some of the outdoor decorations, tonight.

Another view of favorite

Thumbnail by duckmother
Norfolk, VA

love the ducks!! they are sooooooo cute:):):)

Your tree is beautiful. I love white/flocked trees!

Norfolk, VA

thankyou, i just took a good look at yours.........after my heart i see, i love stuffed animals on the tree....and the santa hat on top, might have to try that one myself!!

Oh thank you! I came up with the idea of the Santa hat after all other toppers failed. They should be called topplers because mine toppled off the top often. The Santa hat never moves and it covers up a few of the tiny limbs that are hard to decorate.

I have all kinds of stuffed stuff on the tree from a snoring Santa to a reindeer pig (I guess that would be a reinpig or a pigdeer lol) I have ornaments from our travels, fishing ornaments, animal ornaments, crystal ornaments and then traditional ornaments-balls, bells, angels, crosses, etc. Hubby wanted me to count them but I lost count after 150.

Norfolk, VA

NEW CONTEST!!!!!!

how many ornaments are on duckmothers tree!!! LOL

they are all adorable

HAHAHA Thats right the winner gets an ornament! ;o)

Kim

Norfolk, VA

LOL...............are you sure you have one that you could part with??

Hayesville, NC(Zone 7a)

Both of ya'll's trees are so beautiful!!!!
Fitsy

Thanks Fitsy.

No, I would have to buy a new ornament for the winner. LOL

Norfolk, VA

thankyou fitsy!!

LOL!!!!!! any reasons a good reason to buy more ornaments!!!!!

For Sure!!!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I don't do a big tree 'cause I have 4 dogs in the house that would water it. Here's my table top.

P

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

doorway....my wild wall painting I did last year in Dec.from boredom. One of these days I'll re-decorate from the shabby chic to a more mod look to match it.

This message was edited Dec 7, 2007 12:44 PM

Thumbnail by bigred

LOL Dogs would water LOL Good one, P. Oooooooh, I just love the purple. All decorated trees are beautiful, no matter the size! I forgot, I have two table top trees, also. I will take pictures...

I remember you doing the painting. I still love it! More purple, just lovely.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

well...not "would".."have" in the pass. It's embarassing to hand out dog peed stained and scented presents...LOL

Actually..my colors are hot pink,white,silver,cyrstal and black...and yes...the pink madness continues to the great outdoors.

My wreath made from plastic WalMart bags.

Thumbnail by bigred
Norfolk, VA

......and if the dogs watered them you know they wouldn't dry out!!!......love the painted wall too....few years back i helped a neighbor sponge paint a room, it was alot of fun. we used about 10 different colors and many shapes and sizes of sponges. just dabbed the paint all over the room. it was really interesting when we got done.

Norfolk, VA

the wreath is too cool....

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I haven't reached that stage of boredom so far this year but when it does set in...no telling what I'll paint ,where or what strange color it'll be.I've got a little table,I'm going to paint to look like a ladybug and an old ,old church pew,I will probably do in red and gold. Right now,I'm driving myself nuts trying to get the right shades of the colors I want for my new room. I know I want green,some form of red but not primary red,gold and black(the only color that's a no brainer.)

Xmas tree made from tomato basket

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

bhaugh,
more ways than just taking them back to the store for recycling. I need to save enough to do a couple of the tomato basket trees.

The BIG wreath on the "Pank" wall outside. Isn't it lucky,my neighbors get to enjoy my odd sense of colors and decor...LOL

Thumbnail by bigred
Norfolk, VA

you are a very creative person. can't wait to see more of your work!

Norfolk, VA

what is tomato basket?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.